3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Gambler's Mirror trades

Started by gambler2075, February 17, 2006, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gambler2075

If you want mirror trades, the board is buying jade at this level...

The defacto leader  has 35k now at the 3.65 level...

JADE!!!!!!!  You know it, you love it!  Bought 20k at $3.60, earnings
are in a week and a half, which are going to be good, plus a
conference.  They want this over $5, and I want this over $5.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060308/hkw002.html?.v=22


http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060303/hkf002a.html?.v=1


For First Time, LJI to Provide Key Financial Results for its ENZO
Retail Chain in China, Highlighted by Significant Sequential Monthly
Revenue Growth



gambler2075

Quote from: gambler2075 on March 14, 2006, 02:39:10 PM
IMHO siri is a buy here if you want.. 4.47... should be able to get 4.60 tomorrow.

g

Wow. siri really surprised me here. I guess I should be happy that I underestimated the move because the pick was stronger than I thought. I probably would have sold too early, but whatever.

4.89 now
g

gambler2075

Quote from: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 10:16:32 AM
fake bounce in progress... should go below 13.

g

I believe 13 is a buy here.

stop 12.75

g

gambler2075

Current holding: 6.5k of sva at 4.04-7

Stocks I am monitoring for possible reentry:

NTMD: at 7.70 ish... going to see how it looks by wednesday
PXT: Worried that it could take out the 2.90 low (Thecontrariantrader advised everyone to put their stops at just below 2.90 "2.87, 2.85... etc") and we all know how mms love to takeout stops
NAVR: looking for a breakdown
RHEO: looking for another breakdown to 3.30's-3.40's
NYNY: Waiting for the bad news from the BIA that tanks it to 3.50
VPHM: May do a suf-style move... looking for the small chance it tanks again for 1.5 more days and hits 7.
SNDK: looking for it to take out 50... entry 48 ish. probably won't but I can hope.
AVII: looking to see how 6 holds... Doesn't look good, imo. Waiting for capitulation style day.
SIRI: Not liking it. trend is down, imo...
GNTA: Very tempting here... maybe entry 2.03-5

g

gambler2075

Just wanted to add a bit about my bounce philosophy. Basically I've realized that, in the absence of something fundamentally wrong with a stock, the more oversold a stock is, the more likely it is that it will bounce. So, let's say that I have 10 stocks that have tanked massively in one day (VPHM comes to mind)... then I would say that the odds of one of those 10 stocks bouncing the next day is 50%. So of course the next day, 5/10 of those stocks bounce.

Now I have 5 stocks left that went down 2 days. Now I think the odds are probably 75% that those 5 stocks bounce the next day (maybe 3-4 out of the 5 stocks bounce the next day.).

Then I am left with 2 stocks, each with a VERY high probability of a bounce the next day...

So I buy one of them.

That is my philosophy on vphm right now. I think it is 50-50 that it bounces tomorrow. However, if it doesn't bounce and gets to 8 tomorrow, then it is 75-25 that it bounces on Tuesday. I'm willing to miss a bounce monday. If it DOESN'T bounce monday then it becomes alot more tempting to me.

We will see.
g

gambler2075

Forgot to add insm: looks close to absorbing the dilution... maybe entry at 1.90... don't think it gets much lower than 1.80.

g

gambler2075

SVA: The more I think about it, the more I think that I might hold this one through the March 22 update, especially if it does not run in the next 2 days. I don't know if the investing lemmings have put 2 and 2 together and realize that they will most likely be reporting on their BF vaccine on the 22nd. If this stock does NOT run tomorrow and Tuesday, then I think I will hold through the 22nd. This isn't an earnings play so much as it is a BF vaccine play. I think with the way that NVAX has been running and how BF is now spreading all over the world, a positive BF vaccine clinical trial announcement will be met with much buying pressure.

We will see.
g

gambler2075

Sold half of sva 4.12,
bot 15k shares of tgen 0.506
Rest cash.

Group leader is buying cyan: 20k at 0.68

g

gambler2075

tgen: don't like it. out 0.492.

g

gambler2075

Sold the other half of sva at 4.30 from 4.04-7.

g

gambler2075

PXT getting good again... looking for maybe low 3.13-5?

whatever.
vphm: I think their "9-10 is the absolute bottom" is just begging to get smashed... don't trust that.

now 100% cash and waiting.
g

gambler2075

If you haven't sold sva, don't do it at 4.40, imho. But don't buy any more either. It was a better pick than I thought. I would hold until 2-3pm tomorrow.

g

gambler2075

Bot small 1.2k insm at 2.07... just for kicks...

g

gambler2075

For sva I would take profits either 2pm tomorrow or around 4.7-4.8.

g

gambler2075

Quote from: gambler2075 on March 17, 2006, 01:12:55 PM
If you want mirror trades, the board is buying jade at this level...

The defacto leaderĀ  has 35k now at the 3.65 level...

His calls are pretty good... I would be in on this one except that my sva pick outperformed his jade... lol

Jade at 3.79
SVA at 4.54... of course sold too early. Ah well. onto the next 1.05 bagger.

g