3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

MCU

Started by calven, February 28, 2006, 04:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calven

This stock sure is jumpy...fairly large range

Here is my latest chart on MCU - lets forget about the ascending triangle debate. I think its time to focus on key support levels. I think its safe to say that we can all agree on the BLUE upsloping support line and the GREEN horizontal support line...

I think this baby is set to move higher next week. Cross your fingers!
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Melf Elf

Quote from: statement00 on March 08, 2006, 09:11:16 AM
Calven and Melf Elf,

Wow guys, thanks a ton for both your opinions. . As soon as I reach the point where I can applaud people, you 2 will be the first to get it (well maybe fous too lol) because you always explain your plays very well.

Thanks, statement00.  It's nice just knowing that our efforts are appreciated.

Quote
Also the fact that people can disagree and still carrying on respectful, helpful discussions is something I haven't found on many sites.

David and Frederick have to be credited for that, as well as the entire 3SOF community.  Everyone has worked hard to try to foster the kind of atmosphere that you describle.

Quote from: calven on March 08, 2006, 06:27:42 PM
I think its time to focus on key support levels. I think its safe to say that we can all agree on the BLUE upsloping support line and the GREEN horizontal support line...

calven,

I sure do agree.  The only thing that I would have liked better yesterday, would have been a tag of the up trendline (purple on my chart) at 1.43, to validate it as support. 

The Kumo (Cloud) for yesterday also was 1.43 and 1.44, so the day's low of 1.47 came pretty close to tagging all of that.

Quote
Now volume needs to pick up and we need one more bullish candlestick.

Right. 

Yesterday's volume was less than the prior day's volume, but I think that's alright since we're still within the pattern formation.   The important thing was that buyers stepped in when the support levels that we discussed yesterday morning got tested. 

Interesting that the stock closed right at 1.61, which appeared to be an important level on your Price Volume Bars on your original chart.

Overall, a nice day for the stock.  I'd like to see this thing explode higher for you guys on some nice volume.  Good luck!

;D


 

Melf Elf

Ascending Triangle breakout on this morning's print of 1.73.  Target: 2.20 is IN PLAY.  Now you want to see volume come in.  Good luck to those of you long.

Melf Elf


Melf Elf

The breakout is looking good.  In the first hour and half, MCU already has traded double its average daily volume (100 day).

Melf Elf

*DJ Versant Starts MCU at a Spec Buy.  3.50 target.

(END) Dow Jones Newswire
March 9. 2006 09:30 ET

That won't hurt you any.   :o  :o  :o


Deadb440

Not sure if most of you had seen the MCU charts and Fundamental Analysis I posted yet.  I'm Long 3 years now with 30k shares at an avg of $1.16..... This company will without question be at $17 - $19 by June of 2009.  I've spent Hundreds of hours tracking and analyzing  this company, without question my largest holding.  This company is Very Very Real and they are based in my Home town of Winnipeg, Canada.  You can see my charts in full at this link... Dead

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favorites.CServlet?obj=ID871828

margeri

This is from  Barchart.com

MCU - MEDICURE INC (AMEX)

Date  Open  High  Low  Last  Change  Volume  % Change 
03/10/06 1.70 1.84 1.70 1.79 +0.11 430700 +6.55%


Composite Indicator 
   Trend Spotter TM Buy 
 
Short Term Indicators 
   7 Day Average Directional Indicator Buy 
   10 - 8 Day Moving Average Hilo Channel Buy 
   20 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy 
   20 - 50 Day MACD Oscillator Buy 
   20 Day Bollinger Bands Buy 
 
Short Term Indicators Average:   100% - Buy
20-Day Average Volume - 93660
 
Medium Term Indicators 
   40 Day Commodity Channel Index Buy 
   50 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy 
   20 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator Buy 
   50 Day Parabolic Time/Price Buy 
 
Medium Term Indicators Average:   100% - Buy
50-Day Average Volume - 103516
 
Long Term Indicators 
   60 Day Commodity Channel Index Buy 
   100 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy 
   50 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator Buy 
 
Long Term Indicators Average:   100% - Buy
100-Day Average Volume - 131406
 
Overall Average:   100% - Buy
 
Price  Support  Pivot Point  Resistance 

1.79  1.64  1.78  1.92 










kds99

Strong Close today

I am in at 1.61 plan on holding for another couple of weeks to see what happens

thai626

Got in MCU today.  I was waitiing for the confirmation of the ascending triangle breakout.  I hope to see MCUs volume sustain for the rest of the week.   ;D ;D

This one might be a hot one!!   :D

Thai
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

thai626

Sup everyone!!   8)

Here's an weekly update chart for MCU.  It's on FIRE!!   :o

CUP AND HANDLE pattern breakout along with the ASCENDING TRIANGLE pattern breakout!!!

If you look at the volume for th week, it already has surpassed the volume of the previous weeks while only two trading days have traded so far.  This one looks like a hot one to me!!!   :D :D

Thai
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

calven

Just got back from florida.... wasnt able to post down there.

MCU on fire!  >:D
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Terliso

#27
Quote from: thai626 on March 15, 2006, 01:40:12 AM
Sup everyone!!   8)

Here's an weekly update chart for MCU.  It's on FIRE!!   :o

CUP AND HANDLE pattern breakout along with the ASCENDING TRIANGLE pattern breakout!!!

If you look at the volume for th week, it already has surpassed the volume of the previous weeks while only two trading days have traded so far.  This one looks like a hot one to me!!!   :D :D


Thai,

I don't see a valid HANDLE formed on MCU chart... so there is no CUP with HANDLE pattern on MCU. But the trend bullish, if MCU break that $2.10 on the upside on the weekly chart then off we go to a New High.
Goodluck!! ;)

thai626

Quote from: Terlisa on March 19, 2006, 05:11:46 PM
Quote from: thai626 on March 15, 2006, 01:40:12 AM
Sup everyone!!   8)

Here's an weekly update chart for MCU.  It's on FIRE!!   :o

CUP AND HANDLE pattern breakout along with the ASCENDING TRIANGLE pattern breakout!!!

If you look at the volume for th week, it already has surpassed the volume of the previous weeks while only two trading days have traded so far.  This one looks like a hot one to me!!!   :D :D


Thai,

I don't see a valid HANDLE formed on MCU chart... so there is no CUP with HANDLE pattern on MCU. But the trend bullish, if MCU break that $2.10 on the upside on the weekly chart then off we go to a New High.
Goodluck!! ;)

Thanks Terlisa for clearing that up.  I guess I didn't ZOOM out far enough to capture the complete stock price history.  This is just a rounded bottom chart.......but nonetheless, it looks very potent should a breakout above 2.10 were to occur. 

The short term chart shows that MCU did break out of it's ascending triangle pattern only to return to the breakout point for support.  I like the last two closing days for MCU.  I'm going to allow MCU a little more room to run putting my stop loss just below the ascending triangle's support line.  IMO, this could be a real big play.   :D ;D
Current Holdings:  ASTM, STV, SVA, NIHK.ob

calven

Might be a nice time to unload a few shares......sitting at 1.90

Sell maybe half the position and let the rest run.

cal  >:D
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com