3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

OTD

Started by yabadabado, March 22, 2006, 02:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorgegr

This list  might help you:
Ethanol      

PEIX      
XTHN      
OTD      
GSHF      
VRDM(70% owned by GSHF)      
INSQ(80% ownded by GSHF)      
DIL
MGPI
ADM
GPRE
DVSA
IESV
NVAO

We have gshf.ob in our portfolio (click    3stocks on fire at "portfolios")

jorgegr


wrangler

OTD : has been moving up for the last two day's
wrangler

saffeysite1

This baby is ready to bust lose.  It;s coiled and ready to pop, no further explanation needed, just look at the chart says it all.

tokyopua

I was watching this one today, but it looks like it broke the other way?  I am new to the coiled spring pattern, but found this:

http://www.hardrightedge.com/tour/spring.htm

The last line doesnt exactly apply to the chart from yesterday, but it is somewhat close and does indicate that "dynamic breakdowns" can also happen:

"And when each of the last two bars are the narrowest of the last 7, a dynamic breakout (or breakdown) is imminent."

This seemed like it was going to be a great play at the right time given the alternative fuel nature of the play and the chart.  It seems that the topsy turvy market today and the insider selling caused OTD to break in the wrong direction?
Chance favors the prepared mind

AussieTrader

I wouldn't get to hung up on names of various chart patterns Tokyo. Coiled spring or flag or  triangle could all be applied to the current OTD set up.

Bottom line is it broke out huge a few sessions back and is now consolidating back to support on ever shrinking volume to hopefully resume breakout mode once support is found and volume flows back in. I took a position in OTD on the pullback thursday to the combined 20ema / middle bollinger band area and ascending support line.


AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

AussieTrader

OTD reacting from support
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

jorgegr

It seems today OTD took off

Good luck to all holding this one

jorgegr




 


   

AussieTrader

I actually sold my OTD position just above my $1.80 entry a few days back as it broke the ascending support line. Todays bounce I will watch for follow through and look for possible re-entry.
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

wrangler

OTD : A lot of threads on this stock so I picked this one to post. Chart shows it might be getting ready to climb back up again. I don't have a position, just wanted to bring it to the attention of those who might want to watch it.
The chart is using 32 DMA. I prefer 32 instead of 50 DMA
Goodluck trading to all :)
wrangler

AussieTrader

Yep, I'd lined it up to buy yesterday at $1.10 (200ema touch), but got distracted and didn't execute the order.

Bit of a pump going round on OTD, but hey who cares if you get the entry right (err which I didn't  ;)
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

wrangler

WOW wish I had the funds yesterday also but didn't. Are you getting in today Aussie. I'll be watching and if it hit's above 32 DMA I might get in then if I have some funds available.
. MACD showing up also heading back towards centerline it's my guess when 32 DMA get's hit centerline will get hit also which would be a good buy signal if it goes above and ends there.
Goodluck trading :)
wrangler

ScottishTrader

In and out already!!

Jumped in this am at 1.42 and stepped off the bus at 1.61.  Sure it went quite a bit higher but I was pretty happy with a 13% gain in a couple of hours.  I know they don't come along every day but after the recent market drubbing, man was it good to get a nice little trade and be back to cash ;D

Will keep an eye on OTD though as it definitely has some solid momo, but I see it as still a potentially dangerous pump n dump - almost 80% in 2 or 3 days is a lot for a bounce!!

Scotsman


wrangler

Great trading ScottishTrader
Cann't beat that for half a day trade.
Goodluck trading :)
wrangler

nodo

I jump in @ 1.65  :(  Hopefully it will rocket tomorrow again.