3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

G-TA: Friday 3/31/2006

Started by eliteG, March 31, 2006, 10:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

Quote from: nmbr1ballr on March 31, 2006, 10:25:56 AM
Does UPDA qualify for the G-pattern? 

UPDA - perhaps if it can cross .211 with crazy high volume.. but this stock still looks ugly to me.. heavy downtrend.

Quote from: Loffigus on March 31, 2006, 10:31:28 AM
How does ILMN look for a short? (looks like a breakdown happening -- testing support)

ILMN - it looks perfect for a short  ;)  thx for reminding me  ;)

Quote from: joet on March 31, 2006, 10:33:10 AM
Thank you G

AVNX hold or get out here at 3.30?? cheers

AVNX - nice lil pop.. low volume but thats ok on a Friday.. its not showing weakness but there may be tough resistance in this zone.  AVNX seems to have good support close by so even if the market turns down you should be safe.  ;)


eliteG

Quote from: Adam on March 31, 2006, 10:41:26 AM
Hi G-

Where is the love??  SVVS, and any thoughts on LNUX (breaking out of a corrective base)

lol  :D sorry man.. I have no idea how I missed it

SVVS - looks very nice.. almost picked it up yesterday.. I would wait for end of day today to make a final judgement on entering but it looks great.

LNUX - nice move..  volume will get there today and anyway LNUX wants $5 and over. thx for the heads up  ;)

boatguy

Hey G,

I mentioned IRBL yesterday, has some volume now and testing 200 day. What do yo think?

Thanks

Loffigus

If you were going to Short ILMN -- what price would you say would be safe? 
I am reluctant to short this after such a fast drop, because it has a history of bouncing significantly after each drop --

eliteG

Quote from: boatguy on March 31, 2006, 10:50:51 AM
Hey G,

I mentioned IRBL yesterday, has some volume now and testing 200 day. What do yo think?

Thanks

IRBL - Hmm they had a press release on their earnings.. I cant get a mkt cap so I dont know how that revenue ranks up.. they only made $100,000 in 2005 but they are growing..  I like that they support the IDF(Israeli Defense Forces).. might be playable on this lil breakout.. 200 is providing resistance but like VWPT could pop right through.  Keep a tight stop.  thx for the heads up  ;)

Quote from: Loffigus on March 31, 2006, 10:55:40 AM
If you were going to Short ILMN -- what price would you say would be safe?
I am reluctant to short this after such a fast drop, because it has a history of bouncing significantly after each drop --

I would check its intra-day charts.. 25 seems good.. but this collapse feels solid good chance it will continue.

nsioufi

G.  Do you think TGC has another run in it left for next week or soon after?  Loaded up around 0.8 and been dumping since 1.10.  To dump or not to dump?  Thx

tommyt

#21
Clear break of the downtrend on HDTV yesterday, and holding up today on nice volume. I bought in on the run last night at 3.30. News of ramping up production of liquid crystal televisions seems real, but their web site is a bit lame : http://www.spatialight.com/

I'll have to keep a close eye on this one.

Hey, but you have a nice weekend and thank you for all the help.

:'( I see now that smites have become some way of communicating on SOF, I'll have to remember that.

eliteG

Quote from: nsioufi on March 31, 2006, 11:03:22 AM
G.  Do you think TGC has another run in it left for next week or soon after?  Loaded up around 0.8 and been dumping since 1.10.  To dump or not to dump?  Thx

TGC - interesting you bring it up.. we added that to the 3SOF portfolio yesterday  ;) so yes I think there is running potential  8)

Quote from: tommyt on March 31, 2006, 11:04:58 AM
Clear break of the downtrend on HDTV yesterday, and holding up today on nice volume. I bought in on the run last night at 3.30. News of ramping up production of liquid crystal televisions seems real, but their web site is a bit lame : http://www.spatialight.com/

I'll have to keep a close eye on this one.

Hey, but you have a nice weekend and thank you for all the help.

By close HDTV did break its downtrend.  Breaking a downtrend is no reason to buy, imo  ;).. what does give a possible reason to buy here is a double bottom breakout.  Support 3-3.50.. resistance is 4 and the 200sma.  Lets see what happens.  8)

soxguy

hi G, do you think loud has a chance of getting back to .70? thanks in advance.

nsioufi

Any chance LQDT could be the next eBAY???  God only knows how much gov and mil surplus junk is coming out these days.  ;D

eliteG

Quote from: soxguy on March 31, 2006, 11:15:11 AM
hi G, do you think loud has a chance of getting back to .70? thanks in advance.

LOUD - hmm went up on strong volume and looked good.. but then retraced some on no volume.. thats fishy.. 200sma under .70 now.. I think its gonna be difficult for LOUD to get there..

Quote from: nsioufi on March 31, 2006, 11:16:26 AM
Any chance LQDT could be the next eBAY???  God only knows how much gov and mil surplus junk is coming out these days.  ;D

LQDT - not much history here as they came out in Feb.. the volume is low on this one.. the next EBAY would have much higher volume  ;)

calven

TMTA - TAG - GNBT

Thanks G!
cal
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

eliteG

Quote from: calven on March 31, 2006, 11:21:42 AM
TMTA - TAG - GNBT

Thanks G!
cal

TMTA - hangin around high up in the pattern.. with volume diminsihing its getting ready to spring.  Looking for higher prices.

TAG - nice volume move yesterday.. nothing really interesting today.. seems to be seeking $1 and the 200sma

GNBT - hoping maybe to catch this one lower.. it looks weak here.

ScottishTrader

Hey G-man,

Any thoughts on GBN?  Broke out of a nice ascending tri yesterday, and following through today!

eliteG

Quote from: ScottishTrader on March 31, 2006, 11:29:52 AM
Hey G-man,

Any thoughts on GBN?  Broke out of a nice ascending tri yesterday, and following through today!

GBN - I had it on a list of stocks to look at last night and while the TA was good.. I just couldn't back up the play at all with fundamentals.. it seems like a weak gold pick although I cant deny that technical pattern looks great(target 2.40ish)