3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Which Broker?

Started by JMoney, June 08, 2005, 03:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMoney

Ok, being a new trader I finally realized how much commissions hurt. I'm looking to switch to a good brokerage with good comission prices. Currently, I hold an account at www.murielsiebert.com. Their commissions are $15 dollars. Also, they restrict the amount of shares that you can buy. This is another thing that I do not like. Could some share with me your experiences with your brokers so I can get an idea of who I want switch my account to? Thanks.

eliteG

Justin,

Great posts first off  ;D. 

Secondly...use the search feature on this sight ::),(right underneath your user info)  to search for brokers...you'll get this thread:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=230.0

search works really well.

-g


setravis

Justin check out ........www.lowtrades.com
I think they have trades for 5 bucks, limit or market
and penny stocks are not treated different. 8)
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

stocky

SCOTTRADE if you want quality.

MB Trading if you want value.

AussieTrader

I use Ameritrade $10.99 each way regardless of volume or if OTC etc. There is a trade off between super cheap and good quality (by that I mean speed of execution / fills, tools, etc). Ameritrade provide me a lot of tools and resource for free which I utilise. My opinion is that a $21.98 roundtrip trading cost is a very low effective business expense.
There is a ton of choice out there.
Mike
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

poiss

I use http://www.interactivebrokers.com. Unbeatable data quality and execution speed (IMHO). Different trading platforms, 50+ markets. Nothing is for free, but price is reasonable. Also works perfectly with TA software like Medved Quotetracker, Amibroker etc.
And now for something completley different!

andyman

Fully agree poiss,

i checked a couple of brokers and finally landed at IB. There may be others which are a cent cheaper, but the price/service ratio seems to be best at IB.

I can recommend IB without doubts.

Regards

andyman

golfqtee

Scottrade charges a premium for stocks under $1.00. Keep that in mind with Scottrade.  I am currently opening a lowtrades account for the penny's, but Scottrade is only 7 per trade above $1.00.