3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Stock Group Lists Input

Started by eliteG, April 16, 2006, 12:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

When a group of stocks trend strongly it is nice to know which stocks are in that group or tend to run with that group.  I have started this topic so that anybody who would like to share the groups they follow has a chance to input.  I have some of mine in order.. others I will have to search for.  Please feel free to correct anything that seems to be in the wrong group or to provide additions.  As we get more and more I will organize these lists to be more user-friendly.  This could be a very useful tool.  :)

I will be adding everyones lists/additions to this thread:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=5250.msg57477#msg57477
please double-check as I am usually just adding without checking.


echo

EMBX, also an avian flu player even though it's under the radar now, this could be the most efficient way to inoculate poultry in ovo or in the egg(yeah poultry not humans). IMO it's under the radar cause it can vaccinate the poultry and not humans so people don't pay attention, but if you inoculate the poultry that will save the poultry industry. The poultry farmers must be terified of their flock getting the avain flu and killing off their whole flock. When and if this panick takes in (once tha avian flu kills off a large amount of farmers poultry) EMBX will benefit. Just my thoughts.
There's always a bull market somewhere and I promise to bla bla bla bla........

eliteG

Oh the ones I have for ethanol plays so far.. off the top of my head:


Ethanol

PEIX
XTHN
OTD
GSHF
VRDM(70% owned by GSHF)
INSQ(80% ownded by GSHF)
DIL
MGPI
ADM
GPRE
DVSA
IESV
NVAO





starfire

Is Ethanol & Biodiesel the same?? OTCD, VRDM, NVAO,....are Biodiesel plays.

starfire

You may want to add VRA, VGNI, AEMD to Bird Flu. Most of them would fall under Vaccines for Virus, except NNVC & AEMD which are viral therapies.

By definition:

Vaccines are inhibitors of Flu (disease). Vaccines train the human immune system to attck flu, etc.

Viral therapies on the other hand are used to treat the disease.

NNVC's drug is one of a kind.....it is a viral therapy as well as a viral prophylaxis. As a prophylaxis it does NOT use the human immune system to ward off Flu, etc. The prohylaxis is a smaller dose of the drug! Hence NNVC is in a category by itself.

cumulina

Hi, eliteG.

Great idea with those lists...glad you are going trough the trouble to find and share them!
(Yes, I'm lazy  ;))

I have my own "avian-flu" list, most of it comes from this site:

http://www.biomedicalstocks.com/avianflustocks.asp

The ones followed by a * are also on your list.

BIRD-FLU STOCK LIST:

PPHM
QDEL *
BBC
AVII *
BCRX *
CRXL
NVAX *
APT
GILD
SVA *
VRA
NRK
MEDI
GSK
CHIR
SNY
CBMX
NVS
GNBT *
QGLY
NNVC *
HEB  *

Thanks for the Ethanol-list. I have been messing around on the net for something like that this week-end.

Any plans for Gold?
Energy?
I have quite a few on alternative energy...I'll get them together and post them here.

Happy Easter!
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

eliteG

Quote from: ultra1066 on April 16, 2006, 01:06:35 PM
EMBX, also an avian flu player even though it's under the radar now, this could be the most efficient way to inoculate poultry in ovo or in the egg(yeah poultry not humans). IMO it's under the radar cause it can vaccinate the poultry and not humans so people don't pay attention, but if you inoculate the poultry that will save the poultry industry. The poultry farmers must be terified of their flock getting the avain flu and killing off their whole flock. When and if this panick takes in (once tha avian flu kills off a large amount of farmers poultry) EMBX will benefit. Just my thoughts.

thx Ultra.. I will add this to the list

Quote from: starfire on April 16, 2006, 02:01:25 PM
Is Ethanol & Biodiesel the same?? OTCD, VRDM, NVAO,....are Biodiesel plays.

I haven't checked into the specific companies but the most important thing we are looking for as traders is that they run together.

Quote from: starfire on April 16, 2006, 02:09:52 PM
You may want to add VRA, VGNI, AEMD to Bird Flu. Most of them would fall under Vaccines for Virus, except NNVC & AEMD which are viral therapies.

By definition:

Vaccines are inhibitors of Flu (disease). Vaccines train the human immune system to attck flu, etc.

Viral therapies on the other hand are used to treat the disease.

NNVC's drug is one of a kind.....it is a viral therapy as well as a viral prophylaxis. As a prophylaxis it does NOT use the human immune system to ward off Flu, etc. The prohylaxis is a smaller dose of the drug! Hence NNVC is in a category by itself.

thx starfire I will add these to the list

Quote from: cumulina on April 16, 2006, 02:10:23 PM
Hi, eliteG.

Great idea with those lists...glad you are going trough the trouble to find and share them!
(Yes, I'm lazy  ;))

I have my own "avian-flu" list, most of it comes from this site:

http://www.biomedicalstocks.com/avianflustocks.asp

The ones followed by a * are also on your list.

BIRD-FLU STOCK LIST:

PPHM
QDEL *
BBC
AVII *
BCRX *
CRXL
NVAX *
APT
GILD
SVA *
VRA
NRK
MEDI
GSK
CHIR
SNY
CBMX
NVS
GNBT *
QGLY
NNVC *
HEB  *

Thanks for the Ethanol-list. I have been messing around on the net for something like that this week-end.

Any plans for Gold?
Energy?
I have quite a few on alternative energy...I'll get them together and post them here.

Happy Easter!

Thx cumulina I will add those.. I have a huge list for gold.. and I hope someone will drop a list for energy.  Looking forward to your alternative energy list

--------------------------------

For now I'm going to add everyones list to the 1st post in the topic.. lets see how this works  ;)

eliteG


change of plan.. I'll add everyone's list here:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=5250.msg57477#msg57477

Let me know.. if you have any suggestions on making it prettier looking too  ;)

cumulina

#8
This is my list of "Alternative Energy Stock".

Since sept. 2005 one of them have gone up +430% (NECX) and the worst performer is down -56% (BCON) ...the rest are in between.

ACPW AES ALTI AMSC AOOR APCC APD ARGY ARME ARTX ASRNF AVA BCON BLDP BOX CDTI CESI CPST CSAR CY DESC DSTI EEEI EFTI ELON ENEI ENER EPG ESLR FCEL FNPR FPL GE GRGR GSPI HW HYGS IDA IESV IHDR IMCO IMGC ITRI KYO MCEL MDTL MEOH MGPI MHTX MKTY NECX NGLPF NVAS OGE OTD PFCE PLUG QTWW RCAA SATC SLRE SPIR SPWR STP SYNM TDY ULBI UQM USEY USWF WFR WWAT ZAP ZOLT

For this watchlist I "purchased" 1 of each stock, and the portfolio has gone up 19.81%
Some have been doing spectacular jumps, and have been worth trading/daytrading.
Some should be familiar to 3sof members... ;)

I know the list is long, but it's a mix of all I could find. Some are not "pure" Alternative Energy, like GE - but GE do have windpower, and therefore is on the list.

Enjoy...

Cheers.
Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

eliteG


Thanks Cumulina  ;D

Hmm alt/energy is a big field.. your list includes solar power, fuel cells, ethanol.. i even see water and thorium.. so I'll add your list and hopefully we can break it down in the future.  Thanks again.

aaront22

For Bird Flu might want to add AVII

nullzero

Here is a small titanium metal stock list....

TIE, ATI, and CRS

If you can add HANS to the beverage list.

Got Railroad stock list as well, with rising gas prices rail road transportation is going to increase from the disel trucking.

Railroad Transportation stocks

RAIL, CNI, BNI, and UNP

There is alot more but these are the ones that look good to me

eliteG

Quote from: aaront22 on April 17, 2006, 04:23:16 AM
For Bird Flu might want to add AVII


got it, thx  ;)

Quote from: nullzero on April 17, 2006, 02:47:17 PM
Here is a small titanium metal stock list....

TIE, ATI, and CRS

If you can add HANS to the beverage list.

Got Railroad stock list as well, with rising gas prices rail road transportation is going to increase from the disel trucking.

Railroad Transportation stocks

RAIL, CNI, BNI, and UNP

There is alot more but these are the ones that look good to me

Great stuff null!  Exactly what we're looking for!  The list has been updated.. thx.  8)

snowcat

Some worthy additions:

Diet: MED - on the ibd top 10 under $10 list.  Great chart.
=======================================================
Ethanol related- DDSU.ob has a process that nano-izes (makes real tiny) bio stuff so it can be more efficiently processed into ethanol..

CYAN - produces algae and microbes to break down the bio stuff.
=======================================================
Uranium - the #1 producer is CCJ.  Provides 1/5 the global supply.  Earnings doubled in the 4th quarter. - Great numbers.  Chart is basing.
==========================================================

Internet porn - NOOF (in case someone asks, the most profitable pure internet business)

eliteG

Quote from: snowcat on April 17, 2006, 07:37:48 PM
Some worthy additions:

Diet: MED - on the ibd top 10 under $10 list.  Great chart.
=======================================================
Ethanol related- DDSU.ob has a process that nano-izes (makes real tiny) bio stuff so it can be more efficiently processed into ethanol..

CYAN - produces algae and microbes to break down the bio stuff.
=======================================================
Uranium - the #1 producer is CCJ.  Provides 1/5 the global supply.  Earnings doubled in the 4th quarter. - Great numbers.  Chart is basing.
==========================================================

Internet porn - NOOF (in case someone asks, the most profitable pure internet business)

I will update the list immediately.. thx snow  8)