3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GV

Started by eliteG, April 19, 2006, 11:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redchipper1

Well, I've had it with this one if it goes lower than 1.60...there are better plays out there.

Adam

In at a 1.62, I'll give this a short leash

Lucas Scott

3Stocks stop got taken out. GV bounced off the 50 dma and is at 1.60x1.61. It looks like a speculative buy at this level. $1.64 puts me in. That price pops it above the trading range it's been in since 10 am EST.
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

Adam


Leaira

I decided to sell at 1.70 today.  At least I have a little profit.  Better than the losses I've been taking on everything else I've been trading lately.

Leaira

bocasva

Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 18, 2006, 11:36:08 AM
3Stocks stop got taken out. GV bounced off the 50 dma and is at 1.60x1.61. It looks like a speculative buy at this level. $1.64 puts me in. That price pops it above the trading range it's been in since 10 am EST.

I don't think 3OF stop got taken out; I haven't seen this trading below $1.58; the $1.50 LOD is incorrect.....so far.

eliteG

Quote from: bocasva on May 18, 2006, 12:15:30 PM
Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 18, 2006, 11:36:08 AM
3Stocks stop got taken out. GV bounced off the 50 dma and is at 1.60x1.61. It looks like a speculative buy at this level. $1.64 puts me in. That price pops it above the trading range it's been in since 10 am EST.

I don't think 3OF stop got taken out; I haven't seen this trading below $1.58; the $1.50 LOD is incorrect.....so far.

Our stop has not been taken out yet.  I see the 1.50 trade but it seems to be an error.  ;)

usedcasting

Hi G, before 3sof is taken out here (hopefully not) could you please review what you see at this point. You said the other day that a drop like this may indicate a problem behind the scene. Is there still a possibility that this is the great value that you once thought. That long term chart shows great support at about 50 cents.

Thanks for your help!

uc.



Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

eliteG

Quote from: usedcasting on May 18, 2006, 12:58:14 PM
Hi G, before 3sof is taken out here (hopefully not) could you please review what you see at this point. You said the other day that a drop like this may indicate a problem behind the scene. Is there still a possibility that this is the great value that you once thought. That long term chart shows great support at about 50 cents.

Thanks for your help!

uc.


Hey UC -  at this point the stock has to be run on a technical basis because fundamentals may have changed behind the scenes and we have to protect ourselves.  I hope we get to stay in GV today.. I think the volume is acting correct for a support type move.  It is going to be close.  C'mon GV!  :)

calguy

Quote from: Leaira on May 18, 2006, 12:05:02 PM
I decided to sell at 1.70 today.  At least I have a little profit.  Better than the losses I've been taking on everything else I've been trading lately.

Leaira
[/quote

I didn't get the opening gap I was looking for so I too sold at 1.70 before I took any more losses on this. A great 1st trade and then 2 losing trades. I think this goes lower before going higher. All in all I made a nice profit from this pick and hope to profit more in the future. Just going to stay away from it for now until it starts another run.

Loffigus

It's sad that just about a week or so ago, this was a 50% gain in the portfolio, and now they may have to sell it dirt cheap.

Terliso

#146
Quote from: Loffigus on May 18, 2006, 02:15:07 PM
It's sad that just about a week or so ago, this was a 50% gain in the portfolio, and now they may have to sell it dirt cheap.

Not just 50%.... GV went high @ $2.84 that should have been a 91% profit for 3SOF that's a BIG gain & they let it slipped away from their hands.... :(

tokyopua

Quote from: Terliso on May 18, 2006, 02:24:11 PM
Quote from: Loffigus on May 18, 2006, 02:15:07 PM
It's sad that just about a week or so ago, this was a 50% gain in the portfolio, and now they may have to sell it dirt cheap.

Not just 50%.... GV went high @ $2.84 that should have been a 91% profit for 3SOF that's a BIG gain & they let it slipped from their hands.... :(


From what I understood from EliteG's post this baby hasnt been sold yet.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Stocky2000

Never fall in love with a stock..... 8) ....i am out of the market since monday...i am on a holiday next week. We go to cyprus...well nice swimming lying on the beach.....get the head free from the stock market.....i won t touch a computer for 1 week...Cheers

la-onda

I am also disappointed about the price action, but has something changed the last 8 days?

Goldfield Records Strong First Quarter Results

MELBOURNE, Fla., May 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Goldfield Corporation (AMEX: GV), a leading provider of electrical construction services in the southeastern United States and a developer of condominiums, today announced, for three months ended March 31, 2006, the strongest operating results in many years:

* Revenue increased 70% to $14.0 million from $8.2 million in the like period of 2005.

* Operating income increased to $1.9 million from $0.2 million in the like period of 2005.

* Net income rose to $1.1 million ($.04 per share) from $0.1 million ($.01 per share) in the like period of 2005.

Commenting on the first quarter results, John H. Sottile, president of Goldfield, said, "Both our electrical construction and real estate development segments contributed to our strongest operating results in many years. In the electrical construction segment, revenue increased to $10.5 million from $7.1 million and operating income more than tripled to $1.8 million from $.6 million. In the real estate development segment, revenue increased to $3.5 million from $1.1 million and operating income almost tripled to $0.9 million from $0.3 million. Electrical construction results benefited from the efficiency of larger projects, and real estate development results benefited from the commencement of revenue recognition for the first phase of our new Pineapple House project."

Looking ahead in 2006, Mr. Sottile commented, "First quarter results get us off to a strong start. At March 31, our electrical construction backlog has increased nearly three-fold to $21.7 million from $7.7 million at the same point in 2005 and our real estate segment's backlog has increased to $12.7 million from $10.5 million at the same point last year. During the balance of 2006, it is currently estimated that substantially all of the electrical construction backlog and approximately 70% of the real estate segment backlog (approximately $9.0 million) will be recognized as revenue. Actual timing of revenue recognition may vary as the result of project delays and other factors."