3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

GV

Started by eliteG, April 19, 2006, 11:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickjust

hi,
fundamentals of a company do not matter if there is fear in the market.
people take their money out and wait. there is quite a few traders here doing the same so you can imagine this is happening all over the world . so the market must go down if traders are going to cash.
maxi

Loffigus

Isn't this "Sell in May and Stay Away"?

Lucas Scott

Quote from: Terliso on May 18, 2006, 02:24:11 PM
GV went high @ $2.84 that should have been a 91% profit for 3SOF that's a BIG gain & they let it slipped away from their hands.... :(

I can understand holding on in the Value portfolio, but profits should have been taken in the Fire portfolio, either through use of a trailing stop or the morning after the 3 White Soldiers formation completed (which would have been an exit at $2.70). What's done is done though.

Quote from: Lucas Scott on May 18, 2006, 11:36:08 AM
3Stocks stop got taken out. GV bounced off the 50 dma and is at 1.60x1.61. It looks like a speculative buy at this level. $1.64 puts me in. That price pops it above the trading range it's been in since 10 am EST.
Stockcharts shows a low of $1.50 but appears to be a bad print. Yahoo Finance shows $1.56. I have emailed Stockcharts to fix it, so it should be corrected tomorrow. They go by Yahoo Finance in these matters. 3Stocks is still long and so am I. Per my post I bought at $1.64. 
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

usedcasting

Lucas, glad to see you are a believer  ;). I do like that for the first time in a while there are bids at a decent size at around $1.60 this mornings. Hopefully we have found some support.

This is the chart I have been clinging to.

uc.

Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

tokyopua

Price hit 1.55 a number of times, has the 3SOF position been sold?
Chance favors the prepared mind

netfishmademerich

I'm pretty sure it is.  I don't even see any $1.55 bids anymore.

Loffigus

And to think, a week ago they almost had 100% gain on this stock, and today they are selling with just around 5%.   There has got to be a better way to protect profits, I can understand a long-term trading strategy to hold through a big correction, but short term trading should never allow the loss of that much profit.  Just my opinion.

hermanpu

seems like the market wants to bounce back, i don't really see the point of selling now, i'm going to wait it out another week and hope hurricanes damage a lot of electrical lines.

eliteG


Absolutely guys.  This trade was mishandled and this was severly amplified by a market top.  Looking back on it(hind sight is 20/20) I would have liked to sell for the 3SOF portfolio after the 3 white candles and maybe 1/2 for 3SOV.  This stock had a severe cutback and did not respond to any support levels.  Again the market fell dramatically during this time and this could not be accounted for. 

Profit should have been protected differently but we took a risk and it did not pay off.  With 6.66% of our portfolio in this play we thought this risk might pay off.  Instead of dwelling on how this play was mishandled we should concentrate on what we can learn from this.  And so this trade going from over 90% to a small gain will make us better traders(better big portfolio traders).

The atmosphere after the market dives is not pleasant.  I am hoping this community can now concentrate on what we should do.. and not what we shouldn't have done.  This will not be the last +90% trade.

3SOF will be unveiling some new things in the near future(new and improved services).. I think you guys will be pleased.  ;)

hermanpu

#159
erased

Adam

G-

I think this site rocks.  Feel free to give me a bunch of 90% winners that eventually reverse.  I will be a very rich man. ;D

This is a tough market.  You can't have multi bag plays on drag bunts. 

Keep up the good work. 

jorgegr

Elite-G:

I like your style and realism with a touch of genius, which I now can really applaud
(after 50 messages). :)

Guess we are all wiser after things happened, but making decisions at the right
time takes a lot of whisdom, gutts and  is another story, specially in trading.

Just keep the good work. My concerns are about loses which I hate and not potential
profits although I love them, but can't be sure until they are in my pocket.

Kind Regards  and go man go we gotta stand up and get profits again. ;D

jorgegr




berloga

EliteG and the company: it's been quite unnerving to watch the bag of dough turn into a bag of ash, but I agree we learn our lessons. I saw Terlisa selling at the 3 white candle top. I also saw fousc sell the night before. I guess the dark side took over me (and this is not the first time I let a hefty profit slip away).

What I would appreciate is to see more of a dynamics in your actions in the 3SOF portfolio. I, like many other folks here, have a rather small capital and am willing to take risk under your guidance. So far I am profitable this year, but was shaken 15% in 1 week in part because I was paralized like a rabit and did not believe what I saw. So, your plan of getting more active here is quite welcome!

As for the 3SOV portfolio, I believe it is reasonable to stash away some cash for those good stocks, like KOMG, while playing the game at 3SOF.

Keep up good work. Your efforts are greatly valued! ;)

Cheers.

Lucas Scott

Is this still the GV thread? GV has gone GREEN!!!!!
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

beroznikmal

So has the overall market, I would suggest a confirmation of the hammer before pludging back in ....
B
Up and down it goes, where it ends nobody knows....Or do we.....;)