3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

GV

Started by eliteG, April 19, 2006, 11:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melf Elf

Quote from: lalitha0 on May 22, 2006, 11:34:25 AM
Hi Melf,

I really appreciate your analysis. I am still holding and waiting for a little bounce to sell.
At least now the volume has dried up, may be it will hold here for a while. it is still above 50MA.

Thanks
Lalitha

Lalitha,

You're very welcome.

You're getting a little pop here, out of an Ascending Triangle.  Now, you'd like to see some volume come in.

This Ascending Triangle is a very small pattern, relative to all of the overhead resistance above 1.71-1.74 Near-term Resistance that we discussed yesterday, so this little breakout is suspect.

GV already is treading water in that area, right after a "breakout."  It's not acting like it broke out, if you see what I mean.

The low right before this breakout was 1.56.  What I normally do is put my stop a penny below that "last low," prior to a breakout.  That, as irony would have it, puts the stop right at 1.55, the 3SOF stop.

;D  >:D

FWIW, that's the stop I'd use.  If this breakout isn't going anywhere, I'd get out of it with a small gain, like eliteG did.  Just my opinion.

On the upside, this little pattern breakout puts target: 1.85 IN PLAY.

I'm using 1.51 as the low, since there was some confusion about whether or not 1.50 was a bad tick.

The high here before the breakout was 1.68.  The low; 1.51

1.68-1.51= 0.17 points added back to 1.68= Target 1.85 IN PLAY.

That doesn't mean that you'll get it, nor does it mean that it won't got higher.  That's just what the pattern measurement is, and it's IN PLAY, as long as GV is trading above 1.68.

Good luck to you, and to the others who are long!

Quote from: usedcasting on May 23, 2006, 10:58:28 AM
Hey Melf it's about time you took a look at this stock. Just kidding, thanks for the review. It's been a rocky road and I personally over did it here myself but never the less here we are and I am still optimistic.

Updating my previous chart.

Thanks again Melf.

uc.

uc,

You read my mind.  I was typing the above and tried to post it and got "Another reply has been posted while you were typing."

;D

Good luck, buddy!  ;)

Melf Elf

This breakout is looking better.  Some volume is coming in.

There was a 12,000 share block at 1.78, the high so far.  That doesn't show up on this 10-Minute Chart, for some reason, but it did print the 1.78.  After that, it slid a bit, down to 1.70, but as long as this holds above the 1.68 breakout, it looks fine for a shot at the 1.85 target, or higher.

Good luck everyone!

(Sorry, I put VPHM on the chart, instead of GV,,,duh-h-h...)  ;D  >:D

Lucas Scott

Quote from: AussieTrader on May 23, 2006, 07:45:06 AM
Sorry for your loss, but only 1 person has the answer as to why it happened, if you don't know who that person is, well..........

Aussie - perhaps you could make that a multiple choice question ;) ;D

What I'd like to know is why someone who has enough capital to lose $60k on a microcap stock needs to have his/her hand held to trade right. Ghark must have put $250k on this trade. To get to where you have a quarter million dollars to risk on a speculative microcap you have to have had some financial sense to get to that point. 

GV is cookin' today. Target 2.00 - 2.20 IN PLAY
GO IN THAT HOUSE OF PAIN THAT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO BE IN, BUT GET AWAY FROM ME.  I'M TRYING TO WORK, DAMMIT.

gharknes

how can you people agree with 3sof guidence, I ;ost a shitload of money based on that........sorry but am i missing something


I pay like the rest here for expertise and a plan of how to invest my money, recently i have lost a shit load of money on 3sof recomendations.



I would now like to see a full review of all 3sof recommendations over the last 2 months, i want it fully disclosed all investments and recomendations, and how these investments evolved indicating losses and gains, i believe this will not be a pretty picture, then when that is finnished i want to review my subscription

when David was here i was confident in his recomendations and would follow implicitly


there is something very wrong here, i want it looked into and i want a full report published for all to see............ASAP

3sof has lost it for me and has lost me a shit load of money based on very poor guidence, GV is a fine example of this, and i am not going to embarrass the people concerned by posting extracts of posts from the last 9 days, there are others

from my point of view 3sof has failed to give me the guidence that i pay for, there seems to be an extreme lack of expertise from david randolf left

sorry but this had to be said

I am going to copy this post to the general discussion thread........ why shouldn't it be read by everyone

RJ

Ghark.......

You aren't Ted Kennedy in disquise are you??  :o

Terliso

Where is David anyway? is he coming back here in 3SOF?

eagerlearner

gharknes, we all feel sorry for your loss.  arent we all feeling lots of red these past 2 weeks? i am sure even the best investors/traders lost money during this massacre unless they are all cash or only short stocks.
from your posts we can see you are letting your pain erode your logic. david had a bad run before his departure, and it was this kind of ranting and complaining that stressed him out , forcing him to leave .  Please dont let this happen again to our new team. I love our 3sof team and their work. look at how much more time and tools they are providing us than before.
QuoteI am going to copy this post to the general discussion thread........ why shouldn't it be read by everyone
this is a gereral board that everyone can see, 3sof is as open and honest as it can possibly be.

As G pointed out , the goal is to bring us opportunities. GV was a great opportunity that gave us 80% gain at a point.(btw, i didnt buy GV)  it's on your own discretion to enter and exit the trades if u want to protect the gain. much has been said by other posters in this regard.
On the other hand, if u decide to follow 3sof  trading plans exactly (buy point, sell point, diversify), u still got a small gain on GV.  And your portfolio should be in green YTD while all the indexes turned red.
So both ways 3sof didnt do anything wrong.

Let's all calm down and trade responsibly, there is no sure thing in the market.  :)

Terliso

Quote from: gharknes on May 23, 2006, 04:00:11 PM
how can you people agree with 3sof guidence, I ;ost a shitload of money based on that........sorry but am i missing something


I pay like the rest here for expertise and a plan of how to invest my money, recently i have lost a shit load of money on 3sof recomendations.



I would now like to see a full review of all 3sof recommendations over the last 2 months, i want it fully disclosed all investments and recomendations, and how these investments evolved indicating losses and gains, i believe this will not be a pretty picture, then when that is finnished i want to review my subscription

when David was here i was confident in his recomendations and would follow implicitly


there is something very wrong here, i want it looked into and i want a full report published for all to see............ASAP

3sof has lost it for me and has lost me a shit load of money based on very poor guidence, GV is a fine example of this, and i am not going to embarrass the people concerned by posting extracts of posts from the last 9 days, there are others

from my point of view 3sof has failed to give me the guidence that i pay for, there seems to be an extreme lack of expertise from david randolf left

sorry but this had to be said

I am going to copy this post to the general discussion thread........ why shouldn't it be read by everyone

Sorry for ur loss bro :(   When u buy & sell a stock it's completely all ur decision & responsibility.....do ur own due diligence & most of all DIVERSIFY UR MONEY (Money Management #1 rule) ;)

eliteG

Quote from: eagerlearner on May 23, 2006, 04:37:23 PM
gharknes, we all feel sorry for your loss.  arent we all feeling lots of red these past 2 weeks? i am sure even the best investors/traders lost money during this massacre unless they are all cash or only short stocks.
from your posts we can see you are letting your pain erode your logic. david had a bad run before his departure, and it was this kind of ranting and complaining that stressed him out , forcing him to leave .  Please dont let this happen again to our new team. I love our 3sof team and their work. look at how much more time and tools they are providing us than before.
QuoteI am going to copy this post to the general discussion thread........ why shouldn't it be read by everyone
this is a gereral board that everyone can see, 3sof is as open and honest as it can possibly be.

As G pointed out , the goal is to bring us opportunities. GV was a great opportunity that gave us 80% gain at a point.(btw, i didnt buy GV)  it's on your own discretion to enter and exit the trades if u want to protect the gain. much has been said by other posters in this regard.
On the other hand, if u decide to follow 3sof  trading plans exactly (buy point, sell point, diversify), u still got a small gain on GV.  And your portfolio should be in green YTD while all the indexes turned red.
So both ways 3sof didnt do anything wrong.

Let's all calm down and trade responsibly, there is no sure thing in the market.  :)

eager thank you for this post  :) and for pointing out out portfolio is nice and green for the year  ;)

That is exactly the reason David was stressed out..  It is so terrible to hear that people lose money based on our trade.. this is our pressure when we make a trade.. to make it one where we give our members the greatest opportunity.

Thx again eags  8)

Melf Elf

#204
Quote from: gharknes on May 23, 2006, 04:00:11 PM
........sorry but am i missing something

gharknes,

Sorry, but you're missing a lot!

1. The buy was at 1.475, not at anything above that.  3SOF sold it for a 5% GAIN.  

2. At today's closing price, if you're still holding, you should have a GAIN of 15%, not the terrible losses that you have.

3. 3SOF recommends that you only put 6.6% of your entire portfolio in any of their picks.  If you put more than that into this one pick, that was YOUR choice, and it's YOUR responsibiltiy if you have terrible losses in this, or in any other 3SOF pick.

4. The fact that you asked this morning when 3SOF sold GV is just another indication of the fact that you don't take responsibility for YOUR trades.  You are days late, asking that question.

5. If YOU want a full accounting, and if YOU want this trade looked into, then YOU do it.  Don't waste other peoples' time, showing YOU how YOU screwed up.  YOU post to "everyone at 3SOF" where YOU were told to put a "shitload" of your portfolio on this, or into any other trade in which you have terrible losses.

Again, all of us are sorry that you have a loss, and I mean that sincerely, but I also sincerely hope that the 3SOF team doesn't spend five minutes of their valuable time responding to you, because of YOUR inability and/or unwillingness to take personal responsibility for YOUR actions.

Applause to eagerlearner for his fine post.  You need to read what others are saying to you, gharknes.  Yes, we're disappointed.  Yes, we have losses.  That isn't anyone else's responsibility.  The market has been wicked.  There are no guarantees when we take risk in the market, and there ALWAYS is risk.  Either accept that and take responsbility for it, or don't play.

Good luck to you.


Melf Elf

Quote from: eliteG on May 23, 2006, 04:52:48 PM
That is exactly the reason David was stressed out..  It is so terrible to hear that people lose money based on our trade.. this is our pressure when we make a trade.. to make it one where we give our members the greatest opportunity.

Thx again eags  8)

eliteG,

I had a feeling that's why David left.  I don't blame him.   What pressure for you guys, to perform!

I just gave you your 666th Applause.   >:D  >:D  >:D

Don't you DARE succumb to the pressure, and leave, or I'll haunt you FOREVER.

;D  >:D 

YOU DA ELF...MAN!!!

eliteG

Quote from: Melf Elf on May 23, 2006, 06:04:26 PM
Quote from: eliteG on May 23, 2006, 04:52:48 PM
That is exactly the reason David was stressed out..  It is so terrible to hear that people lose money based on our trade.. this is our pressure when we make a trade.. to make it one where we give our members the greatest opportunity.

Thx again eags  8)

eliteG,

I had a feeling that's why David left.  I don't blame him.   What pressure for you guys, to perform!

I just gave you your 666th Applause.   >:D  >:D  >:D

Don't you DARE succumb to the pressure, and leave, or I'll haunt you FOREVER.

;D  >:D 

YOU DA ELF...MAN!!!

LOL  :D  Thk you MELF and perfect reply up there!  Perfect!

gharknes

ok without replying to all the jiberish above


putting it very simple...............I pay 3sof for a trading plan, I want to see it, I want to be notified of sales in exactly the same way as buy orders - via email, sorry if i don't read every thread every post of this message board every day, i simply don't have time, as for GV, it was careless not to recieve instruction to take profits at 2.80, normally i would do, the initial buy of GV was great, but i followed 3sof like a lemming

also don't try to tell me what i lost or gained, i already know this down to the last dime and it's substancial, if you people have so much money that 1000's of dollars don't matter well it does to me.

we all take risks in the markets, I joined 3sof in an attempt to minimise this RISK and have some of the DD and research done for me by competent people that will give explicit instructions of when to buy AND SELL, I pay for this service


3sof might be in the green but there have been a lot of recent buys that got stopped out with a lossn, it is my belief that this is currently way too high

these are my thoughts, I hope they are taken onboard

AussieTrader

Gharkness, you seem to have abdictated responsibility and entered the blame culture. Only a few days ago you were accepting blame on your own poor trading approach:

Quote Gharkness:
'yes this is a nightmare and has caused me great pain, I have nobody to blame but myself.'
'you can all imagine i am devestated right now, how can anyone be so stupid.'
'I screwed up'

Oh you wanted 3SOF to tell you what to do? Not according to your post dated 23rd April:
'E ....nice pick, I committed $50k @ 1.47 on this, had a very pleasant evening on Fri.......will hold for at least 3 months, like has already been mentioned, this reminds me of HOM'

Anyway, my point being, you had everyones sympathy when you shared your pain on this trade. Your current tirade has lost all that sympathy and some. When you have a bad trade always try and learn from it and accept responsibility for your own actions.

Finally I also live where it is 4.00am when US markets are 4.00pm. It makes no difference as long as you professionally plan and execute your trades.

AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

tokyopua

Quote from: Terliso on May 23, 2006, 04:34:12 PM
Where is David anyway? is he coming back here in 3SOF?

I found David.

He is chilling over at OTCBBcoverage.com
I think you would like this site, and he has a cool feature called Fundamental Toolbox which might be similar to some of the stuff you were asking about in another thread.
Chance favors the prepared mind