3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

NTWK - Sector: Technology---Industry: Software & Programming

Started by Romantic_lead, June 09, 2005, 09:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slt2005

I am excited about my WSCI and NTWK holdings for next week. I believe that WSCI might rocket tomorrow. NTWK, on the other hand, should climb steadily. Slowly first, but once it goes past $2.3 it should  gain a lot of momentum.

wiseman213

Keep an eye on NTWK. This puppy is acoiled spring and can breakout any minute now.

puenthouse

Wiseman, what is your advise on this.  are you sitting and holding this for earnings?  are you still in on this?  do you advise buying more at the low 2.00 or do you have a gut feeling this will go under 2 ?
Learning from every trade.

ScottishTrader

Hi guys  ;)

just saw this thread and thought i'd throw some TA your way  :)

Have to admit, 3SOF never ceases to amaze me, I'm on here every day and still finding new threads with fantastic picks, just set to explode :o

So, excuse me if you will but I completely missed the frenzy of the last rise, though it really looked like the day traders got a hold of it and milked it for all its worth on that one.  While I'm sure that it is underwritten fundamentally, just reading the Yahoo MBs it sounds like there were a lot of sore bag-holders around  :-[

Anyway, I think things look perfectly set up for a turn around, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is today or tomorrow.  As we can see, the last breakout was a symmetrical triangle to the upside, and blew past the upside target on huge volume, but I think just too fast.  The subsequent retracement has been steady and on lowish volume, and nothing compared to what it broke out on.  Now today you can see that we came down to exactly touch the top side of the symmetrical triangle, the previous resistance line, now acting as support, and bounced off this with strength.  What's more, the close of the day was exactly at the 68.1% Fibonacci retracement level, and while I'm not too sure what this means, it looks nice  ;)

Actually what I think this means is that we have 2 good indicators that support has been reached on this retracement and we should see an advance from here on out.  I'm pretty new to this, but if you ask any of the other technicians out there, I think they would agree that this is a textbook example right here.

My only word of warning, if it breaks the descending support line, I don't think I'd wait around long, this one sounds like it has been a painful ride for some :'(

Happy Trading!!
The Scotsman


puenthouse

Thanks Scottish, good imput...  been waiting for some more info on this.  I have asking wise what his plans were on this.  He still thinks that news in OCT will bring this one up, and he has been right about 80% of the time.  I have been surprised that NTWK has dropped under 2.00.  I did not like seeing that, but following Davids % bases, my 8% can be spared waiting till the report.
Learning from every trade.

Melf Elf

Scotsman,

Nice analysis.  Applause.

Quote from: ScottishTrader on September 29, 2005, 02:18:31 AM

So, excuse me if you will but I completely missed the frenzy of the last rise,

It doesn't look like you missed anything, unless you were real quick at the September 14 opening "Gap To Crap"  ;D

Quotethough it really looked like the day traders got a hold of it and milked it for all its worth on that one. While I'm sure that it is underwritten fundamentally, just reading the Yahoo MBs it sounds like there were a lot of sore bag-holders around  :-[

It does look like there was alot of speculation on September 14 and 15.  The high for the move was at the open on September 14.  Those two days were both black candlesticks, and the volume was heavy; even heavier than the channel breakout on September 13.  That usually doesn't bode well when the heaviest volume days are on down days, ala BRVO.

QuoteThe subsequent retracement has been steady and on lowish volume, and nothing compared to what it broke out on.
 

That's good.

QuoteNow today you can see that we came down to exactly touch the top side of the symmetrical triangle, the previous resistance line, now acting as support, and bounced off this with strength.  What's more, the close of the day was exactly at the 68.1% Fibonacci retracement level, and while I'm not too sure what this means, it looks nice  ;)

Similar action yesterday...trying to hammer out a bottom at the down trendline.

QuoteMy only word of warning, if it breaks the descending support line, I don't think I'd wait around long, this one sounds like it has been a painful ride for some :'(

That wouldn't look so hot, to close back inside the channel, and it really wouldn't look good if NTWK also closed below the up trendline (dotted green line ont the chart).  It's a validated trendlifne (4 hits).  I put the data points for the coming days on the chart.

There might be support at 1.66 - 1.67 basis the weekly chart, which I'll post next, but I find that when I'm thinking, "Maybe this is support...maybe that is support...okay, I hope tha-at is support,"  I'm better off going and playing something else.
;D

usedcasting

Great work Melf elf. Following closely.

Thanks (Applaud) Asap.
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

yuyjust

Any thought on this one today Melf ? ? I watched the action today until 10 min before close and it print the low of 1.81 I thought that 1) it broke up trendline intraday (I think it  is around 1.87) 2) I think it has no chance of coming back up and close above the line (since it was so thinly traded)   So I sold mine got filled at 1.83 around 3:52 pm boy o boy did I get shock when i check the chart tonight. It manage to creep back up and close at 1.90 hmmm. What's up with that?? Well gotta move on. I see alot of support around 1.70-1.80 area. Well I jumped the gun >:D

bjc

wiseman-

Where was it you saw that NTWK's earnings will be announced in early/mid October?

If that information is false, are you aware (or is anyone else) of when the earnings announcement will be?  I would expect them to be pretty good, and it looks like thats probably the only thing that will move the stock price. 

tugsinav

Hi bjc,

  FYI, they reported on November 9 last year. So, I expect they would do the same this year...IMO.

jorgegr

This one is moving good volume again, price also increasing

perhaps we might have a rally here >:D

jorgegr

setravis

"NTWK" Threads have been Merged.
Please use the search before starting new threads on a Stock Pick.
Chances are a thread already exist.
So why not post whatever you have to comment about on that pick to that thread.
"Simplicity" My fellow traders.  ;D                                                     
All history on a stock pick in 1 thread is awesome.   ;)                                                       
Just trying to get threads together,so we don't have a numerous amount floating around on the same stock.   :( ::)                                                     
Thank You....and good luck with all your trades....make some $$$  ;) ;D



Yesterday's closing chart.......     
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

jimbocrapper

 
Target: $$2++ after earnings.....$3+ by year end

Software company NTWK will report 4Q and FY 2007 financial results in a few days.....about a month ahead of last year's release.

During an investors' presentation this month NTWK's CEO said that the company has met its $30M revenue goal for the year. This is Up from $18M in 2006

What this means in that NTWK will report 4Q 2007 revenues of about $9.5M or up over 100% from 4Q 2006 when it reported $4.6M.

This also means that based on the current cost structure and gross margins of over 50% NTWK will report a profit for the quarter compared to a loss of 10c/share in thew year-ago quarter.

The only analyst covering the stock has a $3 target and expects 50% revenue growth and 13c/share net income next year.

The stock is trading at 0.6 P/S and it is sure to jump to well over $2 after earnings.

setravis

jimbocrapper,
Welcome to 3SOF ! #1 Stock site on the web.
You are in the right place, lot's of stock traders here with a great deal of knowledge.
Heads up on your post...
It is not necessary to use all the capital letters in the title of your topic. I did edit the title of your topic to remove all the caps! When one does that, it is as if he or she is trying to speak to loud to gain someones attention to their topic and it seems as a way to try and pump a stock pick.That is a notorious way of the Yahoo Message Boards !
This is by far a much greater site than Yahoo boards.
So please kill the caps in the title of your topic when you wish to post and make a stock pick,and one other thing Use the search before starting a new thread on a stock,more than likely there is a thread that already exist, if so post your comments to that thread.
If by the search, you fail to find....by all means start you topic on your pick.
I used the search and found that a thread already exist on NTWK.
Your post will be merged with that thread.
Thank you, and once again , Welcome to 3SOF....The Best !!!

I will leave you with today's closing chart....
Good trading to you ! Make some $ bucks $  ;) ;D
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

jimbocrapper

Thank you very much for the nice welcome. I agree that this is the  best stock website in Cyber space