3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Daytraders: Fading the Gap

Started by eliteG, June 10, 2005, 09:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

Michigan is a great school...it may be evil(I was a Buckeyes fan, grew up in Ohio ;)) but they have a great program.

If you need any help in Computer Science just ask.  I may have some of my old things  >:D  So what you looking to do with programming skills?  I always wanted to work for Blizzard or LucasArts, but decided on Electrical instead of Computer Science.

I did my best trading when I was working 2 other jobs.  Good for you man.

eliteG

wasn't paying close enough attention to post some picks.. :-X

mix_master_mike

AH! THE BUCKEYES! What a good rivalry :)

I much enjoy web programming - your PHPs, ASPs, JSs, etc... That's what I'm doing at my current summer job, and it's a good time.

Okay, okay... today... I haven't seen many high vol picks that are worth (able to) shorting. And the anti-fade I'm really not feeling today. And I missed the damn market open (ahh work!).

Right now I'm closely watching the action with MPET... might get in if the vol. is right and it doesn't break any trends.. I'll try to post a chart at the end of the day.
Mike
www.vafrous.com

mix_master_mike

Ah! Entered into MPET @3.12 (short)
Mike
www.vafrous.com

mix_master_mike

Okay that one clearly isn't working out... closing position. I'll review the others I was watching today AH and post some charts with anything tasty.
Mike
www.vafrous.com

mix_master_mike

Alright, had a bit of a down day. One that I couldn't pay too close attention to at work was this; it formed a pretty chart:

Mike
www.vafrous.com

dugdogg

Quote from: mix_master_mike on July 06, 2005, 10:12:47 AM
Ah! Entered into MPET @3.12 (short)

mike,
  can you clue me in to how you shorted a stock under $5? i didnt know you could do that with any retail accounts. thanks


Adam

EliteG are you a fellow buckeye?  Class of 93 for me.  Teddy Ginn looks good this year.  Go bucks!!

mix_master_mike

Shorting can only be done on margin, and margin requirements vary by stock. They are usually based off of volitility, as far as I understand. There are many sub $5 stocks that ETrade will let you short.
Mike
www.vafrous.com

eliteG

Quote from: Adam on July 08, 2005, 10:41:12 PM
EliteG are you a fellow buckeye? Class of 93 for me. Teddy Ginn looks good this year. Go bucks!!

nope but I went to Toledo.  Yea cant wait for football season to start.  The best sports game I have ever watched may be the Ohio State vs Miami College Championship match.  That was incredible!  Triple overtime.

mix_master_mike

Yes, that game was sweet... but you want to talk triple-OTs? How about that UM v MSU at the big house this last year? Classssssic...
Mike
www.vafrous.com

eliteG

shoot I wasnt playing close attention to that last year, sounds good... but it didn't have Willis Mcgahee's knee inverting after a tough tackle  ;)  I have that vid on my pc....nasty but classic.

eliteG

good gap fade setting up


eliteG


eliteG