3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

XOMA - Sector: Healthcare - Industry: Biotechnology & Drugs

Started by bula, June 10, 2005, 11:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therman

XOMA is fighting with the weekly 50 SMA.

I think a consolidation to the daily 50 or 38 SMA is likely.
That would be about 1,50 to 1,60.
At these levels there is also a horizontal support-line.
That will be my entrypoint.

Good luck to the longs.

seadog

News still to come by this Weekend , I guess.

Dark

seadog, your a genius!

XOMA LTD. STARTED AT BUY AT WELLS FARGO SECURITIES  6/23

biobuy

They keep shaking and dropping it quickly although the ask gets chewed on for twenty straight minutes. I'm getting the feeling this will go on for one more week and in July it will finally run again. We have had a very good June and its best if it paces itself. below approximate monthly moves and general guessing on my part.

april 1.00 to 1.20...20%
may 1.20 to 1.40...20%
june 1.40 to 1.80...30%
july 1.80 to 2.34...30%
august 2.34 to 2.80..20%

biobuy

I would look for it to bounce once the price nears the 20 day moving average. Its getting very close. Not sure if it can wait till July. We shall see.

Dark

Heer Heer!
Another pop to da top,
this is turning out to be clockwork!

David Randolph

It's hard to know which direction XOMA will take, short term. The $2 resistance level has been a hard barrier to the stock, and it seems distribution is taking place below that level. I hope it breaks the $2 resistance with strong volume, since so many of you guys hold the stock, I will probably be a buyer if that happens.

rocket8


bula

Genentech (DNA) has earnings tonight after the bell.  XOMA is a large royalty partner with DNA on Raptiva.  Slowly today you can see that XOMA is gaining momo on speculation that the Raptiva sales were strong.  If XOMA clears 1.8 on volume, it may be worth a swing trade for a couple of dimes if DNA shows raptiva sales were strong.

Good Luck,
Bula

bula

DNA reported Raptiva sales were up 59%, much higher than expected.  Could pop XOMA a bit tomorrow.   PR is likely too if the company has any sense about them.  That is a large royalty for this company.

Bula

Tirebldr

Any speculation on what XOMA could do medium/long-term?

I was wise enough :-\ to get some at 1.93. I know, I know :D.

Do you suppose there would be any chance it could be any good longer term if I were to hold it.  Or would I be hopeful just to get my bucks out if I can?   

TIA!!!
Art

biobuy

Is any one watching this?  The chart is great and the next leg is set-- very tight bollies.
The gap is completely back filled from that first move over 2.00 that david bought. This next time it will stick and and move up from there.


biobuy


smeyers2

It is gaining strength and I believe has turned the corner. 2 of my 3 signals turned to buy last week, the 3rd (MCAD) looks to make the crossover (buy) this week. I am anxiously awaiting the climb. Good luck to All,

Steve

Dark

XOMA lookin like its time to buy again. I feel a run before earnings and the result of that Adams Harkness 25th Annual Summer Seminar in Boston, MA on Thursday, August 4.

good luck!