3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

DVAX

Started by [D] Investor, August 24, 2006, 09:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kslifka

Not yet because of article ::)

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/investing/10313825.html

Questions Arise After Dynavax Offering

By Marc Lichtenfeld
Senior Columnist
10/10/2006 7:28 AM EDT
Click here for more stories by Marc Lichtenfeld

Some investors in Dynavax (DVAX - commentary - Cramer's Take) must be marveling at their good fortune, at least those who were able to buy shares of the Berkeley, Calif.-based biotech company at $4.40 in a hastily arranged stock offering on Wednesday, Oct. 4.

Imagine their glee when the stock opened Thursday at $6.35 and closed at $7.70 after a New England Journal of Medicine article was released Wednesday night stating that Dynavax's allergy therapy "appeared to offer long-term clinical efficacy in the treatment of ragweed allergic rhinitis." A 75% one-day gain. As my boss on the trading desk used to say, "That's some sweet corn!"
Who Knew What, and When?

Several questions come to mind when looking at this deal. If the company knew that the positive data were going to be released, why did management rush to do an offering on Wednesday?

The NEJM alerts the scientific media on Fridays to what it will publish in the coming week's edition, and journal subscribers get the news on Tuesdays, rather than Wednesdays. Dynavax acknowledged it knew as early as Friday that the positive article would be published Wednesday. It also acknowledged that the stock offering deal was put together overnight.

Dynavax sold 6.2 million shares at $4.40, grossing roughly $27 million. Had it waited a day and sold at Thursday's closing price, Dynavax could have taken in nearly $48 million -- quite a difference for a company with $60 million in cash and negative operating cash flow of $34 million over the past 12 months.

Page 1 2 3 NEXT PAGE >



kslifka

Closed at Low of the day...so this one will likely go down tomorrow morning. >:(

I will be looking to buy more DVAX on a bounce of the 38% fib retracement between 6.65 and 6.69. ;)

kslifka

Still waiting to jump in with both feet on DVAX.  Any thoughts??  It will probably go down in the AM.  Possibly to the 50% fib retrace, but I can't see this one enterning the gap.  :P

joet

I jumped in at 6.70 and will be stopped out if it breaks 6.1... target is a new 52wk high...

Lets see how this one shakes out  cheers joe

kslifka

Thanks Joe for your insight.

I think tomorrow will be a rebound...even though it may drop in the morning.  Time will tell.  With this kind of volume...I just can't believe it will drop into the gap.  The Street article is still playing havoc with the price...but weak hands should have dropped by now. ???

I want to add more >:D

REALDEALS21

By the chart, the next time we see $8+, the GOLDEN CROSS will happen, MA50 going over the MA 200.  Nice set up here.  ;D

kslifka

Quote from: REALDEALS21 on October 13, 2006, 02:16:33 PM
By the chart, the next time we see $8+, the GOLDEN CROSS will happen, MA50 going over the MA 200.  Nice set up here.  ;D

Hope your right :)  I've been waiting to put more into this one.  I do like that it is putting higher highs and lower lows over the past couple of days.

DVAX has volume spikes intra day over the past couple of trading sessions.  I'm thinking the time may be near to move higher. 8)

joet

Which will we see first the gap fill or new Highs??? Hmmm still holding   Terliso posted a response to me on another thread that he thinks we will fill the gap on this one... ( I value his opinion, very savy trader)  HMMm  I also have been noticing the intra day volume spikes, that is why i am still in, Someone is accumulating here...  I will move my stop to 6.36 (last weeks low...)  but i still like the Bullish pattern and am hoping for a new HOY

Cheers joe

REALDEALS21

RUNNING UP NOW ! HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS DID NOT GET SCARED AND PICKED SOME UP IN THE MID 6'S RANGE !

kslifka

I bought more today.   :D.

RSI crossing 70 and 50dma getting closer to that 200dma. 

Intra-day DVAX seems to spike on volume then drift lower on low volume then spike again toward the end of day.

Want new highs soon.  Don't want it to drop below the red line 8)

kslifka

Update.

Sharp shakeout at the open.  Chart still intact.   :)

DVAX needs some news soon. >:D

joet

Yep, that sharp drop in the AM swept me out before i even had a chance to think about lowering it.  oh well, I will watch now and look for the next trade, No loss on that one
Hope it does go to new highs for those holding, if it enters the big Gap it may be a short candidate?!?!
cheers Joe

Terliso

DVAX seems going into the hole or could be forming a little symmetrical triangle above ;)

REALDEALS21

I dont think it will fill the gap ! I think the ascending triangle will be happening !! ;D :D

kslifka

DVAX will probably test 6.38 tomorrow.  Volume has been so low.  Possibly formation of a 'W"??? ???