3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

CGHI.OB - a no brainer? 'CGHI.OB' is no longer valid. It has changed to CGHI.PK.

Started by eliteG, June 14, 2005, 02:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliteG

CGHI

News:  http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050614/145183.html?.v=1
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 14, 2005--Centurion Gold Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB:CGHI - News), the only South African junior gold mining company publicly listed in the U.S., announced today that it has been approached by two different publicly listed mining companies to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Centurion Gold Holdings. The Company's Board of Directors is currently evaluating both offers.

I have been watching it for a while.
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=319.0

I dont know seemslike a no brainer.

great Chart:





eagerlearner

eliteG , did u buy this one?
i took a small position in it after the takeover proposal.
its been quiet since , where do u think this is going?

thanks!

strp609

Eager,
Looks like the buyout search will get some more exposure this weekend:

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/050624/089451.html

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050601/15203.html?.v=1

figure at this price it's worth a speculative position, i'm in  8)



eliteG

it still seems like a no brainer to me.

thx for bringing it back up eagerlearner

thx for the info strp609

we need some fundamental experts to look at this one...is stockpicker around? ;)


Irishman

Hey Elite-
I gotta tell you, I've looked at the fundies on this thing as you requested, and I am mystified. ALL of the acquisitions they have had have been for shares of CGHI stock-- NO CASH.Their earnings history is sketchy at best and the last earnings that I see are from 6 months ago and they ain't much, plus, when the CEO talks about the value of their holdings to make a judgement as to the value of the company for a sale, he's including the minerals that are STILL IN THE GROUND and are only PROJECTED reserves.I  think this is often done in mining operations where there is little actual historical results to go on but his number is $520M, which, from what I can tell, is ludicrous. This just doesn't smell right to me but I know you're too much of an old pro to get burned. All the best
The Irishman

eliteG

I agree...the smell is an important thing.  ;)  Thank you for looking at it Irishman  :)
I dont think anyone can be much of a pro at this penny business.  This one will teach us a lot.

strp609

Agreed, thanks irishman, looks like they're leveraging everything using these "stock for mining" acquisitions to increase their pps on paper to make it more attractive for the offers they claim to have

i'll keep a small position on a tight leash based on technicals, while giving it a few days for news - i'd be interested in seeing either a buy the rumor run or a real offer if there is one (anything over .24pps would be fine with me  :D)  either way i figure it will start to reflect up or down in the share price soon, and that will tell me what i should do - good warning on this one, thanks  ;)

eliteG

right on schedule  ;)  :o  :o


eagerlearner

Yes! Thanks for the pick and analysis eliteG!  ;D
i added to my position before open at 0.3 .
what's the exit point ? when do u think the deal will finalize?

Thanks!

eliteG

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050627/275413.html?.v=1
well according to that news..we should definately hold... but it is strange to me that we are not closer already.  It may be wiser to sell 1/2 now.  Its pretty darn interesting though...

I guess this stock slipped here, werent we in penny pickers before?

setravis

way to go eliteG...... ;D
No...I think she was here before the penny stock board was created.
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

eagerlearner

hi eliteG, what do u think of CGHI movement these 2 days? its so low compared to the buyout offer at 0.45, but the stock is not moving , and dropping today so far too.
ppl dont believe in the buyout offer?
what ya think wizard ?  ;)

Thanks!

eliteG

hey eagerlearner, these past 2 days are very strange to me. . when I think about it according to stock price history the buyout offer is quite low. . . I dont know I still feel this is ez money.  There should be another offer from another company as well.  So lets see what happens.. i believe the risk is minimal.  8)

eagerlearner

Hey G! the wizard!  ;D
just hit the low of 0.27 since the annoucement.
what do u read into this? does it look very unusual to you too?
i am still holding my full position. do u have a position in this?

Thanks! all the best!

eliteG

strange stuff huh?  I dont get it.  No position in this one although I really feel there is almost assured upside.  Goodluck with this one.  I dont know about you but I wouldn't mind a big win right about now  :)