3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

DIVX

Started by njshiva, September 26, 2006, 09:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsburg

#30
Thanks for the inputs ;)

Update:
Several interesting news are not only showing that the DivX certification has a lot of demand, but are also showing to the public the real potential of the DivX concept:
Cars: Visteon Brings Popular Digital Media Format to the Streets
Processors:  RMI's Alchemy(TM) Au1200 Mobile Processor Receives DivX Portable Certification
And obviously the DVD Players: Panasonic Latin America Introduces New DivX Certified DVD Video Player


Not only the DVD players are demanding a DivX certification now, Computer processors, and now Cars ;) ... Whats next ?  ;)
I'm not sure, and I maybe crazy about it... But like I said before, I didn't buy the new Apple iPod JUST because it was not compatible with DivX... I may be an isolated case, but I'm a heavy consumer on electronic gadgets since I can remember, and I'm really not going to buy any iPod until I see a «DivX certified» stamp on it ;) I suggest all our fellow traders to follow my example and in a near future we could watch something like this: ;)


(this would be really cool for DIVX share prices uh?)  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Also, I've been lurking around the http://stage6.divx.com/ , still in beta version, I've installed the plugins and watch some movies there. I can see the potential, you don't have tons of movies like you have on other video websites, but youtube, metacafe, google video, etc are weak on video quality, and you can see really a great difference in the DivX video quality there.
(You have to install the plugin and restart your browser if it's your first time on Stage6 while watching the movie... it's still a beta version)

Let's compare video qualities in Full Screen:

For example, the movie Loose Change:
- On Stage6: Loose Change on Stage6 
- On Google Video: Loose Change on Google Video 
- On Youtube: Loose Change on Youtube
Note: Put the video in Full Screen in order to really watch the quality difference.

Stage6 is still a small website with a small community, but the future of internet video must be something at least with THIS quality right ? ;)

Now, about the recent price development:
DIVX had another interesting session, approaching its highs after the recent correction... We are holding this position, and expecting new highs at anytime soon.

Trading Plan:
Hold DIVX

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

njshiva

DivX, Inc. to Announce Third Quarter 2006 Results
Tuesday October 17, 1:18 pm ET


SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DivX, Inc. (NASDAQ:DIVX - News) today announced that it will issue its earnings release for the third quarter 2006 after the market close on Monday, October 30, 2006. DivX will host a conference call to discuss the results at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time on the same day.


Ramsburg

Update:
No special developments here, DIVX is holding quite well near the highs, $24 looks like a first resistance taking in consideration the stock wasn't able to close above that value yet. We could draw some kind of ascending triangle pattern, but that would be just playing with the charts, since we don't have enough data to perform a solid TA here.
We'll keep holding it with no special plan yet.

Trading Plan:
Hold DIVX

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

usedcasting

Do you ever feel there is something others know that you don't.  ;)

uc.
Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em

Ramsburg

Quote from: usedcasting on October 20, 2006, 03:52:16 PM
Do you ever feel there is something others know that you don't.  ;)

uc.

hhehehe.... what do you mean ? dont you know ?
I know... ;)  >:D
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

dwest718

Bad close but still a pretty solid day... premarket Monday could tell a story.  Not a great way to start the weekend but I'll take the gains today.  :-\

njshiva


I was hoping it to knockout that 25.21 today. But otherwise its not that bad of a close.
We might see some good action next week.  >:D

njshiva

RADAR IT!!! Earnings Oct 30.

Ramsburg

Update:
I hate to draw these triangles on charts like DIVX, since I don't expect to do any TA on this chart yet... but we can see it there any way ;) Especially the ascending support, with precise tests on the trend line... Friday's close was the highest closing price since the IPO, not the historical high price, but a real nice candle ;)
Looking to the intraday action we can clearly see a big volume increase during that push on the last hour, as if some something important was happening... but with no news at all ;) We like that, because we know about the potential on this play ;)

What could be going on here? Let's speculate ;)... maybe Apple is buying DivX stamps for their new iPod? Or Google decided to give away another few Billion dollars and went shopping again? Hum... Perhaps Microsoft wants spend some money and buy some real good video technology?  Nah... probably it was only market noise on a quite Friday afternoon with a couple of «big guys» buying a cool ticker that was quickly running on the tape ;)

Trading Plan:
Hold DIVX

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

AussieTrader

Quote from: dwest718 on October 20, 2006, 04:03:16 PM
Bad close but still a pretty solid day... premarket Monday could tell a story.  Not a great way to start the weekend but I'll take the gains today.  :-\

Hey Dwest, I'll take bad closes like that any day of the week thanks  ;)

DIVX is on my shopping list, I sold out a little while back around $23 or so. Its shaping up to break  new highs now.

Good Trading
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

dwest718

Well I also said premarket would tell a story and premarket was up 3-4%.  Check out the 2nd part of that quote there  ;D ;D.  A little bit of weakness turned into a nice day today so far... hopefully it stays up there and doesn't hammer on us.  Let's go DIVX  ;D

njshiva

another 52week high  ;)

njshiva

Quote from: Terliso on September 28, 2006, 01:33:15 PM
Quote from: Terliso on September 28, 2006, 12:12:28 AM
Good pick, applause ;)

Applause again, I really like this pick this could go up to $30 easily ;D

looks like we might see 30bucks..  Terliso.   ;)

Ramsburg

#43
Update:
DIVX chart is still too «young» for us to perform some solid TA, but taking in consideration that bla, bla, bla ... Ok... Let's just play with the chart  ;)

We can draw a short term ascending support line with 5 surgical tests, and we can consider the $24 area as the main resistance level for the first 4 weeks of DIVX history, this brings us a potential ascending triangle with breakout last Friday. This triangular pattern has a target of $30.75 IN PLAY for the time frame of the next 4 weeks. $24 should give us a nice support level in case of a throwback and retest to the breakout level.

Cramer has been also playing with DIVX, first recommending it on the same day we picked this position, than suggesting profit taking and now this take on RealMoney Radio during yesterday's session:
Cramer: «He told another caller he believes that DivX, which was recently trading at $25.29, will make it to $30. However, because the caller had seen a four-point profit, Cramer recommended taking a little off the table and allowing the rest to run.»
This projection from Cramer makes sense with our pseudo-technical projection, although we are not thinking about exiting this position soon.

DIVX should probably consolidate and test the $24 area again before it goes higher, we'll just keep holding it.

Trading Plan:
Hold DIVX

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Ramsburg

Update:
News:
- Photobucket Adds DivX Media Format to Let Users Share and Publish High-Quality Video

DIVX had a normal correctional session after the recent 3 sessions rally, $24 is now a support and I believe DIVX will hold above that mark.

Trading Plan:
Hold DIVX

Best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account