3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

AKS - Sector: Basic Materials --- Industry: Iron & Steel

Started by J.Livermore, May 18, 2005, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Livermore

Hi guys  !

AKS looks may already reached its bottom. The volume is increasing in the last 3 sessions, and today it breached several reference lines.
The minimum target for this rebound is $9.00 for very short term, but it could turn to be a stronger move.

This one must be on the watch list  ;)
Jesse Livermore
I love Thursdays, specially the Black ones...

cmshop

aks is consolidating with good volume last week. Would it be a good buy next few weeks?

JMoney

I was also looking at this stock. I would like to see how it does in Monday's trading before I take a position.

David Randolph

The chart looks attractive but I would like to see the stock close above $7.02 before taking a position. It seems it is still too early with only a small white candle that closed away from the high of the day.

cmshop

David,
remember I post aks last Sunday? You said that you would wait until it hit above 7 at close. Today it hit with more than average heavy volume. Check chart at yahoo link below
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=AKS&t=6m&l=on&z=m&q=c&p=v&a=&c=

Is it time to consider it now?

David Randolph

AKS
#5
MY filter today got me just 1% of the 11000 stocks on my stock charts database and many stocks were steel related stocks. I see the sector is in play so there's a macro story behind this move. I don't know which stock will appreciate the most but I choose AKS because this is not the first time her chart comes to my attention:



We've had a steep decline that is now over, at least for the short term. This stock has everything in place to rebound from this base ... if it doesn't something's wrong with the stock, because the sector is strong at this moment (I don't believe AKS has any stock specific problem because all the sector was down in the last 3 months - down a lot). It is time to rebound, so I'm buying AKS at the open.

Everyday I will analyze AKS after the market close until I sell the stock. I always tell I'm going to sell before I actually take action. You just have to follow the answers to this post.

Everyday our team scans and filters 11000 stocks to come up with the 3 best stocks to buy on a short term basis. We run a diversified public portfolio which is up 117% since May 2005. We have great traders in our community which take advantage of short term opportunities in stocks.

If you want to join our community and receive our free newsletter, please register.

poiss

If You take a look at the whole sector You can see the same pattern everywhere. I´m long in GNA and all the same - great fundamentals (low P/E, cash dividends, growth etc.) but weak performance. IMHO it´s not about the stock, its all about the steel price. But yes, something is cooking and it will explode soon. Even I´m not taking position in AKS (for now!), this is most certainly the best pick in this sector.
Keep up good work!
And now for something completley different!

AA

Hi Randolph!

Wellcome aboard!!

I bought yesterday @ 6.95.

Good luck for us.  8)

cmshop

   Market Pulse: AK Steel plans surcharges on 2 product lines
that is the news about AKS this morning. Is it a neg or Postive ?

David Randolph


stocky

Stock is happily moving north so that may say something about it.

cmshop

Do you place stop loss order on this stock?

stocky

On all stocks, except BB and PK which I cant as a scottrade user. Mostly the stops are mental if I am watching the market. Real if I am away.

cmshop

what would be the stop loss price for this one for you?

stocky

6.4. Just below the last support.