3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

"FREE" spreads ... just curious...

Started by Samantha Stephens, November 19, 2006, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samantha Stephens

Have you ever gotten one of these for free or close to free?"

Calendar - same strike. Sold the near ish month and bought the future month for net zero debit.
Diagonal- Sold the near higher strike and bought the future lower strike for net zero .. or close to zero.

By that I mean - Less commissions ...You were able to sell a relatively near month and simultaneously buy a future month @ even... less commissions.

I have this theory that it can be done. I was plinking around one day and I thought I was losing my mind. If you have proof. Please scan info - be sure to remove all pertinent account information and share.
-Samantha
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

Samantha Stephens

Or maybe a butterfly (of some sort) where your net credit was = to the difference in strikes? IE ... you got $2.50 credit when you used the 10 & 12.50 strikes?
-Samantha
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!