3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SONS - Sector: Technology---Industry: Communications Equipment

Started by AA, June 08, 2005, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AA

Long @ 4.67

Stop Loss - Break 4.50 USD @ close

1st Target - Close gap @ 5.5 USD

Possible Inverted H&S (Neckline @ 4.50 USD)  ???

Comments please?  8)


Ramsburg


Welcome to our board LuxAA,

Nice pick to a debut post ;)

SONS has a pretty looking chart, and I agree with your target an trading plan.

About the inverted H&S, I'm not quite sure you have a regular pattern there.

best regards,
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

AA

Randolph ,

See this! Above 4.50 (strong support now)!

:)


David Randolph

Losing momentum and volume today. I can't buy it, but thanks LuxAA, I wish you luck !

AA

No comments!!  8)


Nightbreed

i'm in it from 4,40.

got to break through 5 but it takes a while now.

when it breaks 5, we dont have to wait that long until it reaches 7.

patience with this one.

gr N
"What do you mean, not fair?.....everybody gets the same....everybody gets a lifetime."

Death

SmartWrasse

I am long SONS from the low 4's.  It has been volatile.  I don't know how I would have traded it this year so I just hung on.  There has been some recent support I think because of a rumor of BLS as a customer.  Hopefully, voice over internet will be a big deal and this company should profit well from that.  How long it will take I have no idea, and I am not a techie in this area (I'm a biotechie)

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=SONS


Nightbreed

I'm also in from the low fours and bought again when it broke 5.

In my opinion ist is a bit of a buy on the rumour sell on the news. Earnings will be there in a short time and they will be good but the real news should be a big big big contract but if they get that contract......I dont know.


gr N
"What do you mean, not fair?.....everybody gets the same....everybody gets a lifetime."

Death

SmartWrasse

Well October really sucked for the SONS longs.

The stock appears to be moving up from a bottom yet again.  Earnings are reported next week, and there is good news with a contract win Deutsche Telekom

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/051102/1185653.html?.v=1

The company is big in Asia (esp Japan) as far as VOIP sales, and now moving in Europe.

Good luck to us Nightbreed.  The way this thing moves around we may need luck.

FreeLove

Im still riding my free shares that i bought way back at .29....
no complaints here this stock made me tons of money....

they all laughed at me when i said sons would be 5+ when it was .29


Nightbreed

He man,

Thanks for the luck but frankly i dont need it.

I sold most of the stocks on 5,90 and everything i own right now....pure profit baby.

Slowly but steady building myself a nice portf........with the accent on slooooowly ha ha ha

gr N
"What do you mean, not fair?.....everybody gets the same....everybody gets a lifetime."

Death

wrangler

Press Release Source: Sonus Networks, Inc.

Sonus Networks Continues to Lead the Japanese VoIP Market
Tuesday December 20, 8:30 am ET 
Sonus Growth in Japan Continues Dramatic Increase

CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 20, 2005--Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS - News), a leading supplier of service provider voice over IP (VoIP) infrastructure solutions, announced today that market research firms Synergy Research Group and Infonetics Research have reported that Sonus is leading Japan's migration to VoIP with key customer deployments throughout the telecommunications, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), and wireless industries.

"Sonus' leadership position in the rapidly growing Japanese market is a testament to the Company's vision, our ability to execute, and our commitment to this important region of the world," said Hassan Ahmed, chairman and CEO, Sonus Networks. "Asia-Pacific has been one of the first regions to embrace the benefits of VoIP and harness the power of these technologies to deliver innovative services to consumers, and Japan in particular has accelerated its migration to an all-IP infrastructure. As a company, we are dedicated to ensuring our customers' success as they extend their service capabilities in Japan and throughout Asia-Pacific."

A recent report entitled "Q3 2005 Service Provider VoIP Japan Market Shares," issued by Synergy Research Group, reveals that based on revenue Sonus is the clear leader in the carrier VoIP market in Japan with total media gateway market share of 61.1% and dominates the high density media gateway industry with 81.1% of the total market.

"Sonus' performance in Japan is truly impressive," said Jeremy Duke, president and CEO, Synergy Research Group. "Sonus' first mover advantage, sophisticated field-tested technology, strategic partnerships, and the expertise of its professional services team have earned Sonus a highly respected position in the Japanese market and this is reflected in their substantial market share position."

Infonetics Research also released its third quarter market share analysis, which shows Sonus substantially increasing its market share in the total Asia-Pacific region due to its success in Japan. Infonetics named Sonus as the market share leader in both the total carrier-class media gateway and high density gateway revenue.

"Sonus has an enviable position of being firmly entrenched in Japan's VoIP industry, particularly in the Voice over Broadband (VoBB) market," said Teresa Mastrangelo, analyst broadbandtrends.com. "With nearly 10 million subscribers, Japan continues to lead the world in VoBB subscribers, and shows no sign of slowing down. Over the past 12 months, Japan's VoBB subscribers have grown 39 percent. Sonus' success in this region is a significant indicator of the Company's ability to deliver reliable solutions capable of scaling to meet the demand of one of the world's fastest growing markets."

About Sonus Networks

Sonus Networks, Inc. is a leading provider of voice over IP (VoIP) infrastructure solutions for wireline and wireless service providers. With its comprehensive IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) solution, Sonus addresses the full range of carrier applications, including residential and business voice services, wireless voice and multimedia, trunking and tandem switching, carrier interconnection and enhanced services. Sonus' voice infrastructure solutions are deployed in service provider networks worldwide. Founded in 1997, Sonus is headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. Additional information on Sonus is available at http://www.sonusnet.com.

wrangler

saffeysite1

I like the potential of SONS in the Japanese market, esp when Japan is very bullish right now.

I [email protected] on 12/23, stock is coming off bottom, not much risk here I believe.


wrangler

Hi saffeysite
Did you already have thread started? If you do see if this one can be moved there so they'll be together. I put search on it and it brought up to many possible threads to look at so I went ahead and started thread.
I'm not invested but would if I was ready to buy. Like the chart on it and news makes it better.
Goodluck trading and Happy New Year to you and you're family :)
wrangler

SmartWrasse

I have been in it before.  broke even.  Management has been a problem.  They will not give guidance.

Great positive comments in the earnings call in the summer, and then almost nothing on the most recent earnings call.  May be losing sales to LU and others, but I think they will make money and grow.  Too small a company for total solution that an LU could offer, but they apparently have the best VOIP switches.