3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SKNN.OB

Started by AussieTrader, November 24, 2006, 01:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samantha Stephens

Hi All - I'm confused about the concept. Shoes, in general, are relatively cheap. Are the skins just going to be ultra inexpensive/disposable? Or is the insert going to be orthopedic/orthodic ... or something special like antimicrobial? I don't understand the benefit of why I would want to by a shoe system, when I can just buy a pair of shoes that I don't have to fuss with. Can someone set me strait?
-Samantha
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

tokyopua

David, thanks for the great analysis!

I wound up selling the 25% final portion of my stock today at 2.83.  It was tough because I see so much potential in the stock, but I compared valuations to KCP (Kenneth Cole) which is about 450M (and whose shoes I actually own and see their stores in malls), and figured that the approx 90M SKNN value that David mentioned is just currently too rich until real revenues can be actually made.  

Also, the candle yesterday was a bearish belt hold at the end of a major run up, so I expect consolodation down into the range of the first or second tall candle of the Three White Soldiers run (all of this per Nison principles).  The final reason for my sell was that it was in my Bank of America account, and there is no commission which makes me feel more free to sell and buy back.

On the flip side, CROX has a valuation of 1.7B and no patent on their idea, so SKNN could just go to the moon and I might regret it if I cant get back in lol.
Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

#47
Quote from: SamanthaStephens on December 12, 2006, 11:08:56 AM
Hi All - I'm confused about the concept. Shoes, in general, are relatively cheap. Are the skins just going to be ultra inexpensive/disposable? Or is the insert going to be orthopedic/orthodic ... or something special like antimicrobial? I don't understand the benefit of why I would want to by a shoe system, when I can just buy a pair of shoes that I don't have to fuss with. Can someone set me strait?
-Samantha

Hi Samantha :)

I think the idea is for you to buy several skins, so you can have your shoes combining with your clothes. For example "today I'll use the red skin because I'll wear this red shirt", something like that. At least I think this should be the business model, like those girls that change the cover of their cell phones or watches to match with the clothes they're wearing.

Yes, skins need to be relatively inexpensive to sell a lot in the market place. I also wonder about those details before taking a more definitive view on the stock.

tokyopua

Quote from: David Randolph on December 12, 2006, 11:16:19 AM
Quote from: SamanthaStephens on December 12, 2006, 11:08:56 AM
Hi All - I'm confused about the concept. Shoes, in general, are relatively cheap. Are the skins just going to be ultra inexpensive/disposable? Or is the insert going to be orthopedic/orthodic ... or something special like antimicrobial? I don't understand the benefit of why I would want to by a shoe system, when I can just buy a pair of shoes that I don't have to fuss with. Can someone set me strait?
-Samantha

Hi Samantha :)

I think the idea is for you to buy several skins, so you can have your shoes combining with your clothes. For example "today I'll use the red skin because I'll wear this red shirt", something like that. At least I think this should be the business model, like those girls that change the cover of their cell phones or watches to match with the clothes they're wearing.

Yes, skins need to be relatively inexpensive to sell a lot in the market place. I also wonder about those details before taking a more definitive view on the stock.

Yes, this is basically the concept.  If you look at thier website (David has a hyperlink in his post) http://www.skinsfootwear.com, you can get a sense of how it looks for sneaker style shoes, but supposedly they would have bones that you could use for stiletto heals, etc.  No question it is a cool idea, and they have a patent so really they should be pretty revolutionary.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Samantha Stephens

Um... Miss Manners would have you match your leathers... not your clothes. ;) So shoes, belt and bag/purse should all match. For you ... I suppose that's shoes/belt and brief(case). ;)

I asked my hubby if I bought him an insert and a bunch of skins to swap out and he looked at me like I was losing my mind. And then he said he'd put the inserts into the first skin ... wear them till they fell apart ... move the insert to a second skin ... repeat. Granted he's no GQ model ... but I think he's a lot like most guys... if I were to overgeneralize the simplicity of the Male species... hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA

The styles they have on their website ... are very reminiscent of the old Nike Bill Bowerman waffle iron running shoe that Prefontain wore... which seems like a technology and fashion step backwards.

The issues I see -
*Guy/Guys and shoe horse women like Amelda Marcos ... or my buddy Nicole... will just buy shoes.
*People who don't care about shoes ... won't be buying a system to resolve an issue they don't have.
*Sport shoes are so high tech now ... I don't think an insert system can compare for performance.

Who does that leave? The poor - who can't afford to overbuy the skins and "trendy" guys... ???
-Samantha

Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

David Randolph

#50
LOL, I get asthma if I laugh too much, so please stop Samantha !

QuoteWho does that leave? The poor - who can't afford to overbuy the skins and "trendy" guys... Huh
-Samantha

I'm sure this isn't a product for the poor, or it wouldn't be made in Italy, but in China. I think this just leaves "trendy".

I'm not thinking so much about guys, but girls (well, and some guys, but not me, I'm your husband's style on shoes). Girls between 10 and 25 years old. I guess that  should be the target market for SKNN.

Well, girls have different covers for their cell phones, why not different covers for their shoes/snickers?

But you brought up a good point Samantha, the target market for SKNN is probably  smaller than for other companies in the same industry, so maybe, although it looks like a cool concept, it will trade at a below average valuation if/when the business matures.

purple

FYI


Only 2 months after being charged with pump and dumps from the Secretary of State of Massaschusetts,  Geoffery Eiten is up to his old tricks.  In a recent mail piece, Eiten reccomends investors purchase shares of fledgling shoe company Skins Inc. (SKNN).   With a market cap of $100 Million and 0 revenues to date, Eiten wants us to beleive that footwear is the new bio-tech.

For the full report go to

www.stocklemon.com

tokyopua

#52
Quote from: purple on December 12, 2006, 03:11:15 PM
FYI


Only 2 months after being charged with pump and dumps from the Secretary of State of Massaschusetts,  Geoffery Eiten is up to his old tricks.  In a recent mail piece, Eiten reccomends investors purchase shares of fledgling shoe company Skins Inc. (SKNN).   With a market cap of $100 Million and 0 revenues to date, Eiten wants us to beleive that footwear is the new bio-tech.

For the full report go to

www.stocklemon.com


Wow, stocklemon can really kill a stock, I am actually surprised that SKNN held up so well given the beating that they gave it.  And it is funny that they used the same analogy that I have, i.e. that this stock was behaving like a biotech given it had no revenues.

Anyway, SKNN bounced off of the top of the channel I had it trading in last time, will try to post that chart soon.   I still see negative momentum down just based on the chart, and possible follow on effects of the stocklemon article, so I dont think it is likely I will try to re-enter tomorrow.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Barry34785

Quote from: purple on December 12, 2006, 03:11:15 PM
FYI


Only 2 months after being charged with pump and dumps from the Secretary of State of Massachusetts,  Geoffery Eiten is up to his old tricks.  In a recent mail piece, Eiten reccomends investors purchase shares of fledgling shoe company Skins Inc. (SKNN).   With a market cap of $100 Million and 0 revenues to date, Eiten wants us to believe that footwear is the new bio-tech.

For the full report go to

www.stocklemon.com


I downloaded and read the documents filed by the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.  Apparently, this guy didn't pay his tribute to the state and now they are coming after him.  They say he is operating without a license.

Massachusetts is not a bastion of freedom.  Rights guaranteed by the US Constitution are only granted after paying the appropriate licensing fees to the state.  You have to register your firearms with the state including your shotguns.  Last time I checked the right to keep and bear arms was the second amendment and to my knowledge it hasn't been repealed.  Massachusetts you may remember is the state that told the world it's okay for Adam and Steve to be "married".  If you want to sell your house in Massachusetts you have to make sure the septic system is upgraded at your cost.  Doesn't matter if you have lived there 20 years, if you want to sell it you have to make it adhere to the new code. 

Freedom to murder your girlfriend by drowning her in a submerged automobile is only allowed if you last name is Kennedy.  I'll bet Teddy doesn't have to register any of his firearms either. 

According to the documents I downloaded from http://www.sec.state.ma.us/sct/sctnat/natidx.htm you can't promote your investment newsletter without a license.  Your investment newsletter may be your opinion about how stocks are performing good or bad, but in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts you will not exercise your 1st amendment rights with out paying the appropriate fees.  Failure to do so will get you a 52 page complaint complete with 227 pages of exhibits.  Never mind the fact that you put a fine print disclaimer on all your marketing materials, that is of no consequence.  You didn't pay your fee, so now they going after you.  Prosecuting you for this is much easier than prosecuting a Kennedy for murder.

Taxachusetts the Pay State.  I had a 1974 Mercury Comet in 1985 and I got a bill from the town of Plymouth stating that if I failed to pay $1.24 in excise tax they were going to revoke my driver's license.  $1.24!  Excise tax is what you pay for the privilege of owning an automobile.  I didn't have a checking account when I was in high school, so I went down to the townhouse with $1.25 in cash, they did give me one penny back in change.

I'm not a lawyer, but from what I read this Geoffery Eiten is guilty of making money and not paying his tribute to the party bosses.  I'll bet Geoffery Eiten can drive his automobile across Dike Bridge in Chappaquiddick at night without going in the drink though.

SKNN is listed as a client of Geoffery Eiten's OTC Financial Network here: http://www.otcfn.com/sknn/index.html  and I did get a brochure from his firm.  I get lots of these from firms like his.  I did the same thing I do with all of these so called recommendations I make a note of the symbol and load it in QuoteTracker to keep an eye on it.  I see some of you on this board have found Medved QuoteTracker too.  Good program and it won't cost you and arm and a leg.  I keep track of it in another program that will cost you an arm and a leg and it's telling me this is still a good stock to own right now.  The MACD buy line is still way above the sell line and the moving average line is still going up despite today's drop to $2.58.  The software tells me to stay in so I'm staying.  Perhaps it's going a little down before it goes up again.

SKNN is a new and unique product.  They had the foresight to patent so that means exclusivity.  No copycats driving your products price down.  Interesting idea, sort of like you keep the same rims on your car and replace the tires, you keep the same Bones on your feet and put different Skins on them.  This will probably free up some closet space as the Skins won't take up as much room.

As for stocklemon....with a name like that does anybody believe any stock they talk about could make any money at all?  Sort of like trying to get a good business review from scam.com.

AussieTrader

Quote from: AussieTrader on December 12, 2006, 07:57:40 AM
I sold another block at $2.94 yesterday. Now I am left with 1/3rd of original position.
Now STEPS trade intention was short term explosive gain and that is sure what we got. Just thinking now whether to move the remainder onto a longer term hold approach or to stay true to the entry reasons and exit aggresively on a short term trendline or some such.

I stayed true to the STEPS methodology and stopped out around $2.5. There will be plenty of opportunity to re-look at SKNN over the coming weeks I am sure.

Stocklemon, defenders of the truth ??? Lol.

Will keep on watch
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

tokyopua

#55
Barry, I agree with you in principle about stocklemon, but I have learned to respect them and Motley Fool in terms of what they can do to your money, regardless of if they are right or not.  Motley hurt me in NVAX with one of their cut and paste crap newsletters where they just change the name of the company they dump on periodically.  Were they right? No.  Did NVAX go down? Yes.

I love the SKNN idea, and am looking for re-entry if the chart tells me to.  But check out the power stocklemon had on another penny called STTK on April 4th this year from this article:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:PHS2DJ9R6HYJ:www.stocklemon.com/04_04_06.html+sttk+site:www.stocklemon.com&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

STTK never recovered and from its peak of 1.7 fell to where its trading at .23 today.  Granted, totally different stories, but it does show that people listen to stocklemon, and that is all that counts unfortunately when it comes to stock price.

Here is the STTK chart showing the huge red candle due to the article:

Chance favors the prepared mind

tokyopua

Quote from: AussieTrader on December 13, 2006, 12:39:27 AM
Quote from: AussieTrader on December 12, 2006, 07:57:40 AM
I sold another block at $2.94 yesterday. Now I am left with 1/3rd of original position.
Now STEPS trade intention was short term explosive gain and that is sure what we got. Just thinking now whether to move the remainder onto a longer term hold approach or to stay true to the entry reasons and exit aggresively on a short term trendline or some such.

I stayed true to the STEPS methodology and stopped out around $2.5. There will be plenty of opportunity to re-look at SKNN over the coming weeks I am sure.

Stocklemon, defenders of the truth ??? Lol.

Will keep on watch

What else do you have on watch these days Aussie?  I saw you got in MVIS, but I think I missed the boat there.  I have been watching TTP and CSLR recently.   David called a great short on CSLR, so not sure about it, but it is looking like it might reverse soon. 

BTW, looking forward to your revised STEPS criteria.  I went back and read the Elite G thread, and I understand it all now better having read STEPS, you made it easier to understand, thanks!
Chance favors the prepared mind

AussieTrader

Stocklemon bash V's SKNN news releases, let the battle commence:

- Spring Collection Available in Early 2007 -


NEW YORK, Dec. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Skins Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board:
SKNN), a developer of a revolutionary, patented, two-part interchangeable
footwear structure, announced today that over 30 high-end retailers,
representing 50 stores nationwide, will begin selling the
Company's revolutionary footwear line in early 2007. The Company's "Skins and
Bones" will be sold in a multitude of high-end retailers including Littles of
Pittsburgh; Footwear Etc.; World Class Footwear; Abbadabbas; J Stephens Footwear
and Sportie LA.

Leading retailers across the United States had the following to say:


"Skins is the most innovative, revolutionary concept I have seen since I have
been in the shoe business." -- Joel Sigal, President Littles of Pittsburgh


"Gilbert and I are excited about Skins' brand new approach to footwear. It is
revolutionary, yet practical. The consumer is looking for new and functional
shoes. We believe very strongly in the concept and are willing to place a very
substantial order to back it up." -- Elie Monarch, President Footwear Etc.,
Sunnyvale CA


"It's a one of a kind practical idea with functionality and engineering, the
shoes have body and sole." -- Barry Hanna, President, World Class Footwear,
Miami FL


"Skins is one of the most exciting and innovative concepts I have seen in the
footwear industry. Nothing like it exists and the immense amount of
time obviously spent in formulation and execution of product will assure
the success of the line. Applause to all involved!!" -- Janice
Abnernathy, President of Abbadabbas and CoolShoes.com, Atlanta GA


"Skins is the most unique footwear concept in years. They have combined fashion
forward design with advanced comfort systems and delivered both on a remarkably
innovative chassis. We have the points and features we need to engage our
consumer in a meaningful dialogue. This helps separate our stores from the
competition." -- Gary Hauss, President, Group Nine Associate d.b.a. J Stephens
Footwear, West Hills CA


"Finally, a footwear brand that will stir up the industry not only by its sheer
innovation, but by the critical understanding of what it is needed to elevate
the game. Skins will be a serious player in this industry." -- Isack Fadlon --
President and Owner of Sportie LA


Mark Klein, President and CEO of Skins Inc., said, "From day one, our strategy
was to launch our Spring Collection using a select group of high-end retailers
in the U.S. We have achieved this goal. These retailers represent the
cutting-edge of the footwear industry, and are adept at keeping a finger on the
pulse of the latest in consumer fashion. Our next step will be to
grow exponentially by targeting select department stores and retail chains in
the Fall of 2007, with an eye on international distribution thereafter."
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

tokyopua

Its not by much, but I guess you have to give round 2 to SKNN since they stemmed the tide on what looked to be a chart headed down in sort of an Evening Star type pattern. Still watching...
Chance favors the prepared mind

422fwhp