3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SKNN.OB

Started by AussieTrader, November 24, 2006, 01:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

setravis

I think we need a chart here so we know what she looks like.... ;D
"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Samantha Stephens

#61
Ok all you nibblers out there... ;)

I think this might be a good stock to trade ... but I'm still not convinced the shoes will actually sell.

To follow up on my fashion plate, soap box dissertation, I feel compelled to clue you all in on WHY women LOVE shoes, bags, jewelry, makeup ... great haircuts etc.

We love these things because they never change size. No matter how big or small my "behind" gets ... I know I can walk into a store and buy a pair of 8 1/2 shoes. Even if I can't actually SEE my feet ... I know that they will faithfully remain the same size.

SKNNS will probably have very comfortable shoes. But ... that really doesn't matter to us. And, I think the whole insert concept won't work when you look at sexy little sling back pumps or fashionable heals - I think the insert will be too bulky.

We love to hate high heels. The higher the heel, the more painful the shoe ... the smaller they make our feet/legs look  .... SOLD! That's why prescription painkillers were invented.

Shoes (etc) are a love affair. Now for those who still don't get it... both of these shoes are $250+.... approximately the pricepoint of skinns. Which woman would you rather date? I hope this is a rhetorical question...

Now do you get it????
-Samantha
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

AussieTrader

#62
LOL you are too funny Samantha.

Personally I would date this lady (well that is obviously untrue as I would naturally date my wife ;) anyway this lady whom I know is a big Skinns fan, and although not quite visible in the picture, she is in fact modeling the exact same pair of Skinns that you pictured for us  ;D
AussieTrader
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

Samantha Stephens

Nice ....   ;)
But I'll have you know that when they took my picture, I was actually wearing these... and you'll notice there's no way they could hide a sknn insert! hahahahaHAHAHAHAH

Don't feel bad Aussie buddy ... they told all the married guys I was wearing the ugly shoes.
-Samantha >:D
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

Samantha Stephens

I totally agree. It may be a rush to judge. I just wanted to make sure that if the bulk of this website is male ... and they're banking on shoes. They really need more than just a chart and a good story. If a picture can tell a 1K words. I just wanted to make sure they had the BIG picture. ;)

Personally ... I live in Crox ... and if they make heelys in an 8 1/2 ... SOLD. I just thought it was important to help explain the mystique around "things" that women will kill for. If you're supposed to buy what you know ... I just don't want a bunch of guys running around high heal shoes... maybe they can all learn vicariously. hahahaHAHAHAHAHA

-Samantha
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

calven

Using the 50 day moving average for support and a nice uptrend building. I like SKNN on a break of the small symmetrical triangle. Bought 1/2 my position in SKNN today at $2.67 - will buy the rest on a breakout of that triangle.

Entry: $2.67 (half my position)
Stop - 2.39
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

calven

Shes going to be on fire if we get a little breakout from this symm triangle!  ;D

Watch this one!
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

tokyopua

Just picked up a little SKNN here at 1.84 near its original breakout range. 

If 1.70 to 1.60 range doesnt hold as support then I will likely sell it again.  Might even average down if it gets into the 1.80 to 1.70 range. 

The way I see it is that I am playing with the house's money on this one since I sold most of it close to a double last time  ;)

Chance favors the prepared mind

tokyopua

Quote from: tokyopua on January 12, 2007, 02:48:48 PM
Just picked up a little SKNN here at 1.84 near its original breakout range. 

If 1.70 to 1.60 range doesnt hold as support then I will likely sell it again.  Might even average down if it gets into the 1.80 to 1.70 range. 

The way I see it is that I am playing with the house's money on this one since I sold most of it close to a double last time  ;)



Hmmm, rethinking this trade after looking at Calven's symettrical triangle and realizing that the downside target of the breakout could be more like 1.4... guess I will sit it out for the rest of the hour of this trading day, but since I am using BoA to trade and its $0 commission, I dont care if I have to sell quickly, better to avoid a mistake quickly.
Chance favors the prepared mind

ScottishTrader

Was having a look at SKNN.OB the other day on Fous's site (TTT.net), and I have to say it looks pretty interesting.

SKNN got creamed by a stocklemon report about pump mailers for the company and its lack of any earnings to support its valuation.  While there is definitely some truth in all this and it does smell a bit fishy, they have also been releasing PRs that support the fact that they have a real product they anticipate putting to market in the next quarter.

Since this sell-off SKNN has put in 3 strong days, and while it got topped out at 2.18 resistance yesterday, it looks to me like SKNN could rally further here.  I picked up some just below $2 (though I believe tokyopua did some nice bottom fishing earlier in the week), and am hoping to see it re-test 2.40 resistance next week.

tokyopua

Quote from: ScottishTrader on January 20, 2007, 11:02:52 AM
Was having a look at SKNN.OB the other day on Fous's site (TTT.net), and I have to say it looks pretty interesting.

SKNN got creamed by a stocklemon report about pump mailers for the company and its lack of any earnings to support its valuation.  While there is definitely some truth in all this and it does smell a bit fishy, they have also been releasing PRs that support the fact that they have a real product they anticipate putting to market in the next quarter.

Since this sell-off SKNN has put in 3 strong days, and while it got topped out at 2.18 resistance yesterday, it looks to me like SKNN could rally further here.  I picked up some just below $2 (though I believe tokyopua did some nice bottom fishing earlier in the week), and am hoping to see it re-test 2.40 resistance next week.

Hi ScottishTrader,

Yes, on the one hand I probably bought too soon, I got some lucky timing with the PRs about the company and now the chart looks better.  I actually didnt want to sell it the first time, but the overbought condition was clearly going to break down the stock so I am glad I did.  But I really like the concept. 

This is a very speculative stock given that the company hasnt sold anything yet, but what keeps me interested is that they have a patent on a very unique idea for the two piece shoe (outer "skin" + inner "bone" parts).  There has been some discussion on this thread about whether their current line up looks good, but I am less concerned with that.  If you ask me CROX shoes are ugly as hell, but they are very comfortable and have been marketed well, so are selling like crazy. 

As long as SKNN can figure that part out, the uniqueness factor of a two part shoe has massive potential, especially because it is patented!  Even CROX has no patent, so they have a problem with knock off copies of their shoes.   

The SKNN price point for selling the shoes is apparently quite high currently so they seem to be going after a higher end market, but high price points can always be dropped lower (though the converse of raising low price points never works once a precedent has been set).  So basicallly I think they can play around to get the variables just right, but the underlying idea should sell itself in many ways.  Many people will want to buy the shoes just to show off to their friends "hey, check out this cool new shoe I have, its made in two parts and I can change the outside to match my clothes!"

At the end of the day SKNN is my one speculative stock that I am holding.  I hope the chart volatility can settle down too so that it can be held long term, would love to finally get in on the "ground floor" of a company with lots of future potential and buy and hold for once.

Chance favors the prepared mind

Samantha Stephens

OK ... all you shirts and sknn fan(atic)s out there ... heads up ... we finally get to see the shoes ... and see what the critics think of the shoes  Feb 1-4 in Vegas.

http://www.skinsfootwear.com/about/index.asp ... check out the news.

-Samantha
Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!

tokyopua

Sold for a slight loss today, got another break to the downside of a symetrical triangle.  Lots of press releases recently about them participating in shows helped boost the company, but I cant ignore the technicals as much as I like the idea.
Chance favors the prepared mind

ScottishTrader

that's a bummer tokyopua,

Yeah, I don't know about this company, I think there is a lot of hype and the proof will really be in the pudding of when they actually start selling shoes and if they start to get some media hype.  If we start seeing public media hype (beyond their own PRs) then I think we could see the share price take off.  Its tough, 1.80 should be support, but thats what I thought before and it hit the 1.60s.  I think this is th kind of stock that until we actually know somehting about the financial prospects, you either have to play it VERY short term, and just watch for intraday bullishness and a potential rebound, or just steer clear.

I think it needs to get back above 2.00 or 2.10 to break out of this downward cycle, although if I could I might see about picking up a litle if it hits the 1.60s again.  Still, not looking too nice.

Samantha Stephens

I know ...  I sound like Bitchin' Betty ... CAUTION ... CAUTION... I still contend ... the shoes are ugly. And since I didn't hear anything fabulously exciting from the media during the Vegas unveiling ... I have to think that they are just that ... ugly. And ... since my FABULOUS PICTORIAL PROOF and awesome argument (below) were not enough to sway any of you ... I'll take another tack.

YES ... women fart, we rarely glow and our feet usually stink to the high heavens. I've never met a pair of shoes that I'm so attached to that I would spend $300 on them ... only to have to burn them 6 months later. And even if I did ... maybe it's just me and my feet ... but I really would never consider taking the stinky insert out of one sknn and putting it into another sknn.

For all the chartists out there ... I'm seeing a double top with a failed attempt at a third rally during the make or break Vegas exhibit. I'm not so sure there is any "support" in this shoe company's stock price.
-Sam

Please don't drink and trade...
Sponsored by: CBOE, NYMX, AMX, NADQ ...

Cheers!