3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

SYX

Started by David Randolph, November 27, 2006, 06:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Se7en

Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

guitarman

Bought some more too!
Cramer is an *!#!
It's really nice to hear how far you guys dig!
I'd never even heard of Stock Lemon! LOL!

Best
GMan

Terliso

SYX chart... on watch for possible entry ;)

David Randolph

SYX tried to recover its losses after the morning slump, but the general market didn't let it. It closed a small gap that was opened between $17.7 and $17.72.

The technical trend, given by the 50 and 200 days moving average, remains bullish. I believe fundamentals are as attractive as they can be, the most attractive I've found in all stocks I've been covering (I guess, more than 100 already).

Moreover, SYX, especially www.tigerdirect.com, is a business that I would love to own myself. I wouldn't sell my business because someone writes something bad about it, or because a guy on TV says "sell tech". I would hold it because it is a business of the present and future, growing sales 30% a year and it is very profitable.

I'll continue holding SYX.

danman3459

Firstly: sorry, this was too funny not to post here.

Secondly: There is a website www.thedailywtf.com that monthly has a section that points out funny web/computer errors.  Well, this month includes a SYX wtf:



HAHA.

If they could just sell a couple of those ....

David Randolph

Yeah, really funny danman3459 :) It's a pity not even Gates or Buffet could do the mistake of buying such a product ;D

Nice bounce at SYX on Friday. People that sold on Wednesday did well, but only if they were able to buy back the stock on the dip. Or else I guess they'll miss the ride, because the best is yet to come on SYX. At least that's my believe, given my perception of the fundamental position of the company.

On Friday the company filed a form 8-K with the SEC with more details about the CFO change, particularly specific information about the new CFO background:

«Lawrence P. Reinhold was appointed Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the principal financial officer of the Company, effective January 17, 2007. Mr. Reinhold, age 47, was a business, finance and accounting consultant in 2006. Previously he was Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Greatbatch, Inc., a publicly traded (NYSE:GB) developer and manufacturer of components used in implantable medical devices (principally pacemakers, defibrillators and neurostimulators) from 2002 through 2005; Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Critical Path, Inc. a publicly traded communications software company in 2001; and a Managing Partner of PricewaterhouseCooopers LLP with responsibility for its Technology, Information, Communications, Media and Entertainment industry practice in the Midwestern United States from 1998 until 2000 (and held other positions at that firm from 1982 until 2000). He received his BS in Business Administration (in 1982) and his MBA (in 1987) from San Diego State University.»

GB is a $630 M market cap company.

Moreover, the former CFO will stay with the company for an additional 12 months:

«Steven Goldschein retired effective January 17, 2007 as the Company's Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the principal financial officer of the Company. He has agreed to remain with the Company on a part-time basis for a one-year period. The employment agreement with Mr. Goldschein was amended effective January 17, 2007 to reflect Mr. Goldschein's role as a part time employee for 12 months (not to exceed 30 hours per week) ...»

So, nobody is running away and the new man at the helm has a notable background.

The fears about the CFO leaving look like complete nonsense. The stock will probably rise to $20 plus this week.

I'll keep holding SYX.

David Randolph

SYX opened with a little gap up and closed that gap as the session went on. Nothing new to add on the fundamental or technical front, I'll keep holding SYX on the Main Portfolio.

David Randolph

SYX is still hovering around $19. Take a look at www.tigerdirect.com again, but keep in mind it still represents just 34% of the company's sales.

I'll keep holding SYX.

David Randolph

I'll definitely hold SYX through earnings, as I expect full year 2006 EPS of $1.4 (as you can read on the rest of this thread).

I just hope they report on schedule as promised. It would also be great if they provide guidance for fiscal 2007, that can really put the stock on fire on a push to $30.

I just noticed that on Tuesday the stock was downgraded, from "strong buy" to "buy", by Matrix Research:

• Systemax Inc. downgraded by Matrix Research
Briefing.com (Tue, Jan 23)

Still it was up 2.27% yesterday, and that goes to show its relative strength.

David Randolph

Nothing new on SYX yesterday. Let's just check the business again: www.tigerdirect.com.

I'll keep holding.

David Randolph

#100
I hope you were able to get back into SYX (if you have taken profits previously) or if you were waiting for a chance to get in on a dip, because SYX is roaring back up.

I maintain that there isn't much thinking to do about SYX for as long as the stock is trading below $30, because its fundamental value, with the current public information, is superior to $30.

On a micro technical level, SYX will probably close a gap opened at $20.15 on Monday or Tuesday, it will be "important" for short term technical players to see it close above that "fill the gap" number for them to get confidence to buy the stock.

Until SYX closes above $20.15 the current market action can be perceived just as a "fill the gap" rebound. If it closes above $20.15 it will be obvious to everybody that the sky is clear for the stock to make a new high above $21.

But that's just short term technical information, if you read this thread and focus on the fundamentals, as I've been doing, you won't have problems with buying and holding SYX, both a value and growth play.

David Randolph

SYX is really the best, isn't it? Look at that white candle and volume surge as it pushes to new highs above $21 :-*

QuoteOn a micro technical level, SYX will probably close a gap opened at $20.15 on Monday or Tuesday, it will be "important" for short term technical players to see it close above that "fill the gap" number for them to get confidence to buy the stock.

It did close above $20.15 on Monday (in fact, the close was $20.81, up 4.47%) and everybody is competing to get into the stock, which I consider a bargain at current levels.

QuoteI maintain that there isn't much thinking to do about SYX for as long as the stock is trading below $30, because its fundamental value, with the current public information, is superior to $30.

Just a quick peek at www.tigerdirect.com. Looking good.

I have a 45% profit on SYX and I'll continue holding.

Se7en

New 52 week high for SYX today!  :)


I read somewhere that SYX is mentioned on IBD lately, someone with more info?
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

David Randolph

Quote from: Se7en on January 30, 2007, 10:28:12 AM
New 52 week high for SYX today!  :)

I read somewhere that SYX is mentioned on IBD lately, someone with more info?

Didn't see anything, and I don't think that IBD ranking is all that much relevant.

Yes, SYX crossing the $21 "resistance" (well, you know, bull trends have no resistance) level to a new seven year high !

As I've been saying, there's not much thinking to do on SYX for as long as it is trading below $30. I have a 50% profit on the stock and I'll keep holding.

David Randolph

Another advance day for SYX. Notice there are no analyst estimates for SYX on Yahoo Finance, and the market has been telling us that my full year 2006 EPS estimate of $1.4 is indeed plausible. They already made $1 EPS in the 9 months though September, so $1.4 is entirely possible, since Q4 is historically the strongest for the company.

If they do release EPS of $1.4, everybody will see that SYX, even at this seven year high prices, is trading at 15 times earnings and growing earnings 351% from 2005 levels.

Let's check www.tigerdirect.com today ... nice :)

I'll continue holding SYX.