3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

SYX

Started by David Randolph, November 27, 2006, 06:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danman3459

Any idea what's going on? Down 6%!

Amarens

#136
Got out at 26,78. Sorry too much profit to let it run away. ::) ::) ::) B.t.w. was my safety stop loss which was executed.

Will wait for an hour to see how things settle after the Chinese fall and Greenspan's words. Wow what a loss...

Amarens

David Randolph

Quote from: danman3459 on February 27, 2007, 09:43:39 AM
Any idea what's going on? Down 6%!

The stock was a big gainer over the last couple of months so people took profits on it to compensate for losses elsewhere. Anyway, my take is value will take it higher again by the end of the session (watch how it is trading above the open).

I'll hold SYX with strong hands (it's a pity Amarens got out, but can't blame her, great profit :))

David Randolph

If there's a consumption lead recession in the US later this year as I expect, SYX will start going down.

It was a pity that I didn't had the nerve to sell at my initial $30 objective. Anyway, at yesterday's close SYX showed an 82% return, great by all means.

la-onda

updated chart, will be interesting how deep will SYX fall in the next trading weeks

spiritgate

SYX is going back up now and there's a conference call today at 5pm.
spiritgate

soxguy

syx getting clobbered after hours

Amarens

Does anybody know what happened?

Amarens

REALDEALS21



mbaugh

does anyone think that SYX will run up before its $1.00 dividend date which is payable to holders of April 2 and payable on April 19?  I believe the dividend price has already been factored into the share price and that we will see alot of buying pressure until April 2.  Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
mbaugh

David Randolph

After I took an 83% profit in SYX at $26.2 the stock had a bad 4th quarter and collapsed to the long term 200 days moving average, to a low of $16.06.

But now the stock is coming back strongly, because Q1 2007 numbers were a lot better than expected, since the company earned $0.37 EPS for the quarter against the seasonally stronger Q4 when it made just $0.23.

I know that Q2 is weaker from a seasonal standpoint, but I already missed a nice trade on MCZ thinking "I'll better wait for the weak quarter to buy". The point is everybody knows about seasonality, it's always priced in (unless we're talking about a micro cap company).

Everything that I wrote about SYX on this thread is still in place. For example, the company's market cap is $757 M, and over the last four quarters the company had revenues of $2.45 B. Therefore the Price to Sales Ratio is just 0.3.

www.tigerdirect.com continues to grow, as internet sales grew 18% from the year ago level (even though I expected 25%, this is still a nice number).

What the company needs now is margin expansion, because net profit margin in Q1 2007, for example, was just 1.92%. Out of $676 M in sales, just $13 M in net income. I think it will be possible to increase this margin, especially as competition goes bankrupt (that seems to be happening with PFSW and its www.ecost.com unit).

I know SYX quite well, it is a pleasure to have it back to the Main Portfolio.

The Trading Plan is:

Buy SYX, 6.66% of capital as always.

Amarens

Hey, am I lucky, never got out of SYX  ;D ;D was too late to sell and decided it would go up again. How is that for a loooooong term view  ;)

Sometimes it's better to laugh about it, and since I keep a very diversified portfolio it does not heart too much. But all losses heart, let's be clear about that.

Amarens

yukiii

wow 50% of the float is short

SYX    $ 20.94
Systemax Inc.   -0.09
Shares Short   5,494,100
Days to Cover (Short Ratio)   8.9
Short % of Float   49.54 %
Shares Short - Prior   4,659,200
Short % Increase / Decrease   17.92 %


BigSully1

Quote from: yukiii on June 28, 2007, 12:48:46 PM
wow 50% of the float is short

SYX    $ 20.94
Systemax Inc.   -0.09
Shares Short   5,494,100
Days to Cover (Short Ratio)   8.9
Short % of Float   49.54 %
Shares Short - Prior   4,659,200
Short % Increase / Decrease   17.92 %



Is Stocklemon still on their case?