3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

CAFE.PK - Low Float

Started by JMoney, July 12, 2005, 09:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirebldr

Quote from: saffeysite1 on July 13, 2005, 09:47:10 AM
I no longer talk to this person, but today I am smiling as he is watching the stock with the largest % gains on the NAZ in the past two days.

Everyone have a great trading day!

-Saffey.



The NASDAQ Composite broke a "4 year fan line" to the upside a few days ago.

Every time a fan line was broken to the upside, a substantial rise occurred in the index. 
http://www.stocktiming.com/daily7-12.htm 
http://www.stocktiming.com/daily7-13.htm 
Art

saffeysite1


rocket88

can't believe i watched cafe move from 8.20 to 9.22  :o before i got on  ;D

JMoney

This thing is a giant! Up another 25% as of right now. I wouldn't be suprised if this thing rockets up again!  :o

saffeysite1

Come to Daddy.  I was going to sell the rest of my shares yest, but thank the lord I didn't. This things got more legs than a spider.

;D

saffeysite1

It does look like it's at top right now.  I going to sell the rest today and get back in when the sell off ends in two weeks.  Stock needs to take a breather, at least that's what the charts are telling me.

Tirebldr

Quote from: saffeysite1 on July 15, 2005, 11:34:34 AM
It does look like it's at top right now.  I going to sell the rest today and get back in when the sell off ends in two weeks.  Stock needs to take a breather, at least that's what the charts are telling me.

Please tell me (us), how does the charts tell you it will sell off, take a breather, and in 2 weeks come back?  Please give me a chart reading lesson ;) ::)

I got scared (all-right I'll admit it) and sold off to quick (before it went back up again). Now, I've got unsettled funds on my IRA and must wait a few days before I can buy back in. An expensive lesson that I'll probably relearn over and over again. So I would like to see what you see on the chart please.

TIA!!
Art

saffeysite1

#22
Hope you didn't sell when I posted.  I plan on selling near the close. 

A couple of reasons why I think the stock needs to take a breather:

1.  It's Friday.  People like to have pocket money for the weekend.  Also the markets closed for two days, don't know what can happen in that time span, so if you're going into the weekend with a profit, take it, as far as short term trading goes.

2.  Three day rule, most times than not, on the third day up, people take profits, why not.  Lock in your initial investment and leave a little behind if the stock is doing well, just don't let it go below your intial buy point.

3.  I have posted the most recent chart.  Bollinger bands are narrowing and steep incline.  No base has formed on the stocks new highs.  It may fall hard.  The band will eventually snap.  It looks like its starting to wear thin (exhausted).  The full scho.(bottom of chart) is starting to show just suttle hints of neg. divergence. 

All these indicators for ME, tell me to take some off the table and step back and see what the stocks next move will be = risk management.

4. Know your exit points when you first buy a stock.  This will alleviate pulling the trigger to fast, and this comes with just experience. 

Hope that answers some of your questions.

VikingFan

Re: The three day rule, yesterday was the third day, and people did take profits, sending the stock lower.  That was a buying opportunity ahead of today's resumption of the uptrend.  That selloff relieved a lot of the overbought condition, such as RSI.

The close over the $10 breakout level with a bullish engulfing candlestick is very bullish, as there's no resistance overhead.  It could move significantly higher next week, especially if there's any good news.  If it does, that will be the time to sell, or with a trailing stop if it does in fact start to turn back down.

saffeysite1

I got what I wanted and more from CAFE.  As in my last post, I noted for ME, those indicators are when I start to sell, everyone has there own philosophy for trading.   

I def. believe in moving up your stop and just keep letting the stock work for you, but I don't have the time right now to do that, but cheers to those that can.

If it goes up double from here, I can stomp my feet, but I wont, because I got what I wanted. 

See ya on Monday.

Tirebldr

Quote from: saffeysite1 on July 15, 2005, 04:49:54 PM

If it goes up double from here, I can stomp my feet, but I wont, because I got what I wanted. 

See ya on Monday.

Ya-all are the best.  Your explainations made perfect sense to me, and were great tutorials for me to study on.

I, also, got far more than I expected on CAFE thus sold. Would of sold when it was higherr, but learnt another important lesson: Don't buy with "unsettled funds" on my IRA. I wasn't able to sell until they cleared. Then, when I was able, I did sell, thinking the gap would be closed today, and wham it went back up (you g can thank me for the spike back up after I sold :-\. Now I gotta wait again. My goof! But I learnt from it. Hopefully, because of 3SF, there will be more times to get my blood pressure up again.

Have a great weekend ya-all!!!
Art

starfire

CAFE still going up with fantastic volume! How come it is not anyones radar on this board?? just curious.

VikingFan

There are 2 or 3 other threads here discussing CAFE and CAFEW.  I posted the CAFEW thread when it was at 1.72, and posted rebuys on the pullback to the high 2's this morning.  CAFEW is now at 5.21 and still undervalued...

slt2005

I am rookie and I really don't understand how to value companies. Take CAFE for instance, CAFE posts huge losses every quarter, its has a significant LT debt, it has flat revenues, and this garbage (on the surface) skyrokets over 200%? And that is based on an incrementally minor addition to the top and bottom lines, even if Walmart decides to implement the program after several months of testing. This means that even if Walmart buys everthing it can from CAFE, those revenues will not be seen for several more quarters.

And how is it that CAFE can have a superior technology (mainly into employee cafeterias) if it spends ZERO $$ in R&D?

Is this market upside down or what?

saffeysite1

This stock is its own animal, blown away buy it.    I just have to watch with awe.