3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

More features for the site?

Started by cumulina, June 18, 2005, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cumulina

I don't have to tell you guys how great I think you are... :-*

I was wondering if it would be possible to:

1) Somehow save or mark particular posts, as there are some I'd like to review later, but I have a hard time finding them again. Sort of a personal folder, where really good commentarys could be stored, or the possibility to attatch a flag of some sort.

2) Can the current price of the stock be displayed when a post is written? On a danish site I use, the price of the stock is displayed a) when the post is written, and b) current price. That would put a whole new perspective on things.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers!

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

Ramsburg

Hi Cumulina !

Thanks for your suggestions.

Quote from: cumulina on June 18, 2005, 05:49:10 PM
I don't have to tell you guys how great I think you are... :-*

I was wondering if it would be possible to:

1) Somehow save or mark particular posts, as there are some I'd like to review later, but I have a hard time finding them again. Sort of a personal folder, where really good commentarys could be stored, or the possibility to attatch a flag of some sort.

I'm studying a special «Topic Bookmark» feature to add to this board, that way, every user will have his/her internal bookmarks inside this board... Soon will be online ;)


Quote from: cumulina on June 18, 2005, 05:49:10 PM
2) Can the current price of the stock be displayed when a post is written? On a danish site I use, the price of the stock is displayed a) when the post is written, and b) current price. That would put a whole new perspective on things.

To do that, a post must be about a certain stock, and the author will have to post the Ticker when he posts the topic... hum... I guess it's possible, but it's a bit harder to code that ;) So I'm not putting that as a priority right now. What we'll have on the short term is 3SF quotes, and some informations about each tiker you ask, like you have in Yahoo for example.

best regards and have a fine weekend ;)



Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

stocky

Home page on anyones browser is the special site. Mine is 'Yahoo Finance' though I have been using 3SF more than perhasp even Google :)

I know you guys have some sort of Yahoo fianance features in mind [over time], once they are there nothing stopping me to make 3SF as my home page.


Ramsburg

Quote from: stocky on June 18, 2005, 10:49:34 PM
Home page on anyones browser is the special site. Mine is 'Yahoo Finance' though I have been using 3SF more than perhasp even Google :)

I know you guys have some sort of Yahoo fianance features in mind [over time], once they are there nothing stopping me to make 3SF as my home page.



Thanks Stocky ;)

Well... Yahoo it's a 50 Billion$  Market Cap company with 7600 employees, and 3SF its just 0.00$ project with 2 part time workers ;) (David and me)

But yes, we have a lot of upgrades in mind for the future ;)

regards,

Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

FireFly

I think the suggestions here are great and I have another one to suggest:

Is it possible to add RSS feed functionality to the site.
This means that you will be able to get an online feed whenever there is an update to a chain you are interested in ?
It is very simple to set up and it's free.
It also provides a solution to the save and mark request posted by cumulina.

I can provide more info if needed.
Keep trading like kings !!! ;D

setravis

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

cumulina

Good morning!

I just read a post about EDNE, and it's a pity that there was confusion because several posts was made.

When one searches for EDNE, not only does the stock with that name come up, but also all posts with the word "wednesday" in it.
That gives 3 pages to look through.

But that's not as bad as searching for "SU"  (I've posted about SU=Suncor Energy Inc.) ;)
That makes for 31 pages!  :o
I think most people here would rather just start a new thread, than browse trough that many pages. (Lazy bums ;))

Good thing that nobody is posting or searching for Ford Motor Co. (F)  ;D  ;D  ;D

Is there a way to modify the search-function, maybe a way to make it look for stuff written in capital letters?

Sorry to keep bothering you guys -  :-*

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

cikoo

Online video destination YouTube has introduced a new WAP site, a move that further validates the power of mobile video.

The new site at m.youtube.com gives users a wider selection of videos and more community features. The new site now features millions of videos and allows subscribers to access their account, favorites, uploaded videos and favorite channels.
nokia lcd|htc spare parts|samsung spare parts
|motorola spare parts|nokia parts