3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

NWD

Started by stocky, June 18, 2005, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stocky

NWD
Up on 776% avg daily volume on no new. Do you smell something cooking?

"New Dragon Asia Corp. engages in the milling, sale, and distribution of flour and related products, including instant noodles in China. It offers a range of wheat flour for use in bread, dumplings, noodles, and confectionary products to retail and wholesale customers. The company also provides a range of instant noodle products, including packet noodles for home preparation, and snacks and cup noodles for outdoor convenience. New Dragon Asia markets and sells its products through distributors, supermarkets, and food stores in China. It also exports its products to other countries, such as Korea, Australia, Malaysia, and Indonesia. The company is based in Shenzhen, China."

vipmoney


When you think about Asian Companies, you must think BIG.

Don't know whats up, but somethings is happening for sure.

thanks for the call
Vip Money

stocky

Trailing P/E (ttm, intraday): 9.45
Qtrly Earnings Growth (yoy): 74.00%

Average Volume (3 month): 55,537.9
Average Volume (10 day): 78,788.9
Shares Outstanding: 45.06M
Float: 9.88M

But to make informed opinion check out

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/050505/nwd10-q.html

Also read RISKS.

setravis

"Success loves to hide behind challenges.
Embrace the challenge, enjoy the journey."

Do your own DD and invest based on your DD, not mine !

Semper Fi
S.E.Travis

Tirebldr

What do you, who know, think about NWD these days? Even the 5yr seems to be slowly trending up?
     Can someone tell me how I'm doing with my trendlines on this chart? Tryin to learn ;)

>>New Dragon Asia Corp.
36/F, News Bldg., No. 2 Shen Nan Zhong Rd.
Shenzhen, Guangdong 518027, China
Company Web Site       
Phone: +86-755-2595-1100
Fax: +86-755-2595-1101

Instant noodles for an instant world. That's how New Dragon Asia Corp. sees it. Formerly a grain and oil processing group, the company now makes and sells instant noodles (Long Feng and other brands) to the growing market of on-the-go, Chinese middle-class. Though New Dragon produces more than a billion packages of instant noodles each year, the product line accounts for less than half of sales; the rest comes from milling and selling wheat flour. The company also produces and markets soy-milk powder and dried seasonings. New Dragon is taking aim at its neighbors and has begun selling instant noodles to South Korea, where they are a staple food. New Dragon Asia Food Ltd. owns 78% of the company's stock.   
Art

ehos


http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=312.msg6213#msg6213

Already had it bought a while back, and reccomended a look over in the BRVO area.   I think NWD is a much better buy than BRVO.  Proven company, BIG, solid.  It's one of those buy and die stocks.






Melf Elf

#6
Quote from: Tirebldr on July 02, 2005, 12:02:29 PM
     Can someone tell me how I'm doing with my trendlines on this chart? Tryin to learn ;)


Good job, and nice work getting it posted.  Applause!

The only thing I'd do differently is connect the highs to show the Symmetrical Triangle (see chart below).  That helps you to measure the target off the pattern, which in this case, was made on this week's rally.  That helps you to know where it's a good idea to take profits.

Since the target was made, NWD looks like it's in a A-B-C correction of the rally.

A = the first move down
B = a rally back toward the highs, which we're in now
C = another move lower, to "correct/consolidate" the recent rally

The first move down off the high of $1.15 was $0.23, to a low of $0.92.  If we rally to the top of the bear flag on Monday, near $1.06, then break below the bottom of the flag, another $0.23 down for leg C of the correction would put us at $0.88.

$1.06 (if that's Monday's high) - $0.23 (Leg A down) = $0.88 for Leg C

If that scenario should play out, that would put us right back at the top of the Ascending Triangle for a re-test of the pattern breakout, and might be a nice entry, with a stop below the up trendline on your chart, roughly $0.81 or $0..82.  Risk would be about 7% on the trade.

All conjecture on my part, but it does look like it's correcting the rally.  Watch to see if it breaks below the bottom of the bear flag, which would suggest a re-test of the top of the Symmetrical Triangle.

Applause to Stocky for finding this one.  The P/E sure looks good, and it sounds like nice growth potential for the company.

Sorry that you have to use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the chart to see the right side of it.

Ramsburg


Great Topic, and Excelent posts here ;)

Applaud everyone here !  ;)
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

tommyt

Very educational! Applaud all!
To simpilfy for a guy like me, could it be safe to say if it returns to the .88 area then buy, with a stop around .82? What about a exit target?

Thanks again.

Tirebldr

Thanks for the education Melf Elf. Thus is why I'm falling in love with 3SF. Folks helping folks with no put-downs.

Thanks again...........Wonderful educational charts -- Even if I do have to scroll to see it all ;). Am saving them in my MSWord tutorial section for further study ::)
Art

Melf Elf

Quote from: tommyt on July 02, 2005, 02:55:37 PM
Very educational! Applaud all!
To simpilfy for a guy like me, could it be safe to say if it returns to the .88 area then buy, with a stop around .82? What about a exit target?

Thanks again.

I like that $0.88-$0.90 area with the stop below Tirebldr's up trendline.  It's a reasonable risk, but we might not get down there.  But, after the analysis is said and done, it becomes all about setting up a good risk/reward ratio, naturally, with the reward being much better than the risk taken.

If we hit, say $0.88-$0.90 area, it's a decent risk to enter there, I think.  I don't see a pattern to determine an upside/exit target, like the Symmetrical Triangle on my chart, but this chart looks good.  We'll all have to share our insights along the way for upside potential. 

Melf Elf

Quote from: Tirebldr on July 02, 2005, 04:43:36 PM
Thanks for the education Melf Elf. Thus is why I'm falling in love with 3SF. Folks helping folks with no put-downs.

Thanks again...........Wonderful educational charts -- Even if I do have to scroll to see it all ;). Am saving them in my MSWord tutorial section for further study ::)

I especially love that about 3SF, or I wouldn't post here.  I've yet to see a put-down, or touting, or mindless cheerleading, or ego-maniac posts, like I've seen on just about every other board I've read.  Congratulations to David and Ramsburg!  I don't know how they've attracted such nice people talking T2T (Trader To Trader), but they have.  I applaud them both.

Sorry about the scrolling problem  :(

Tirebldr

Perhaps you could help me understand how to deal with my problem at this point.

My investment bucks are in a Scottrade IRA, of which they will not allow <1$ trades. Once this stock falls below a buck, how could I safely find a good buypoint to still come out in the black?

Problem 2 is once I go to sell this cheaper stocks, it seems very difficult to sell them. Is this normal on the lesser price stocks? Like AOBO. I'd like to buy into it, but if it spikes up as it normally does, and I put in a sell and it sets there........Is there a way to be an overcomer?

TIA
Art

Melf Elf

#13
Quote from: Tirebldr on July 02, 2005, 06:38:35 PM
Perhaps you could help me understand how to deal with my problem at this point.

My investment bucks are in a Scottrade IRA, of which they will not allow <1$ trades. 

I've never played a penny stock, but I'm pretty sure that they will allow you to buy it below $1.00.  I think that they just charge you more.  Their regular $7.00, plus some percentage of the principal amount of the trade, like maybe a quarter or a half a percent.  Check with them, and they'll tell you.  Their requirements might be diffierent on an IRA account due to some government regulation, so be sure to tell them that you are asking about an IRA account.

Quote  Once this stock falls below a buck, how could I safely find a good buypoint to still come out in the black?

There's no way that I know of to safeguard against a loss.  There is always risk of a loss.  The best that we can do is try to limit our losses by using stop loss sell points. For example, if YOU think that NWD is a good buy at $0.88 - $0.90 (and, please do your own due diligence),  limit your loss to something like a close below the up trendline on your chart (it rises daily) if you think that makes sense technically, and if YOU are comfortable risking a loss of 7-8%    And, STICK TO IT  ;)  Don't let the stock fall to $0.70....$0.60...  :(   

Honor thy stop!  :)

QuoteProblem 2 is once I go to sell this cheaper stocks, it seems very difficult to sell them. Is this normal on the lesser price stocks? Like AOBO. I'd like to buy into it, but if it spikes up as it normally does, and I put in a sell and it sets there........Is there a way to be an overcomer?

Yes, that is a problem, which is why I don't trade pennies, or illiquid stocks.  It's generally easier to get an execution and an execution that is reasonable (one in which they don't drop the price on you, if you put in a market order to sell) when there's alot of trading volume, like in GLGS recently.  There was a lot of volume in that one, and I would assume that it was pretty easy to get in and out of it.  You might ask someone in the GLGS folder.

On your Scottrade Streaming Quote Screen, right click on any of your stock symbols, and you'll see Time & Sales.  Click on that, and you can watch the actual sales come through.  That will help you to determine how much volume there is in the stock and how liquid it is.  Are the prices that are coming through pretty stable, or are they erratic, jumping all over the place? 

All Or None orders take longer to fill, if that's what you mean by "it just sits there," especially if you're trying to sell, say, 2000 shares of a stock that is trading only 100 shares at a time on the Time & Sales sheet. 

It can be very frustating, and you know that if the stock is trading at, say, $0.82 BID...$0.83 ASK, if you change your All Or None order to a market order, they're going to fill your order at $0.80, then bump the bid and ask right back to where it was! 

Somebody just pocketed your $40 (2,000 X $0.02), the devils  >:D  They call that "slippage," which I view as a euphemism for "theft," but it happens all the time.  I view it as a cost of doing business.

If you have to buy too many shares of a stock that isn't very liquid to make it worth your while to play it, I'd suggest passing on that one, and finding something that's easier to get in and out of. 

Watch the Time & Sales on NWD on Tuesday, too, and see what you think.  I don't know how many shares you're planning to buy (and, that's your private business), but the 30-day average volume is only 88,000 shares.  That's very illiquid if you're planning on buying anything much more than 100 or a few hundred shares.

Good luck in all of your trades!

basanlas

MelfElf,

Thanks for your honest input and sharing of kowledge,much appreciated.Applaud!!