3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

VKSY.OB

Started by HANDBALLJIM, December 15, 2006, 11:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANDBALLJIM

I heard that VKSY is going to move next week...has anyone else heard any news about this stock? Today's range was .18-.25

Any opionions would be great. Thanks

422fwhp

Let's all put our hard earned money in this sure-thing winner then...

Any of those talking birdies tell you anything of substance or just menutia?

HANDBALLJIM

#2
haha normally I would say the same thing...and I dislike stock tip spam....since most purchased lower....and trying to get people in to just move the stock.

I was curious if anyone follows this stock...or the best way to protect yourself...if it drops fast...also how can you lock profits if the stock did jump .20

Etrade is 5,000 shares for $5 and you must place a limit order. So to get out fast if you did have lets say 50,000 shares. Any tips....do I call Etrade and speak to a broker? Any help would be cool.

Thanks, Jimmy

tokyopua

I thought I had accidentally jumped into the Yahoo message boards when I read that title, lol.

I guess the only advice I have is that advice can sometimes get you in more trouble than it is worth.  Jesse Livermoore used to often trade in the direction AGAINST the tips he got.

But if you know the guy and really really trust him, maybe its ok.  On the other hand, I went to look for it on stockcharts.com just now so I could give you a technical opinion, and couldnt even find it.  That to me is not a good sign, I stay away from stocks I can't find there, they might as well not exist.
Chance favors the prepared mind

HANDBALLJIM

#4
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VKSY.OB

I was hoping not to hear that type of response...I usually do not trade bulletin board stocks.

Thanks



tokyopua

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=VKSY.OB&t=5d

Yahoo has only 5 days of price history available for that stock, and it doubled already over that time.  It also looks very thinly traded, so much so that each purchase or sell creates gaps in the price up or down.

Maybe the guy does know something and it doubles again in 5 days from here.  Or it goes back to where it was 5 days ago.  I wish I could give you better advice, I can only say that I personally am afraid to trade stocks when I cant get a longer term chart to read the tea leaves with.  Maybe its worth a small gamble to you with money you can afford to lose, but I wouldnt put big money into it.
Chance favors the prepared mind

HANDBALLJIM

#6
Thats a fair answer...I found a long term chart on prophet.net

It does feel like were getting in late, but weirder things I have seen happen in the stock market of the last 20 years. I am sure either way I will be posting next week...since I am on vacation for 2 weeks. I am going to try and trade...hopefully I will find some winners.

After hearing about all of these bonuses given out on Wall Street...and living in NYC...I am going to apply for College for a finance degree...must thing about my future at 39 years old.

Thanks

HANDBALLJIM

News out...but no pop? I am not experienced with OTCBB stocks...if anyone can take a look at this company and let me know if this looks like a good long term hold or should I look to get out when I can.  :-\

Thanks, Jimmy


basonista

Jimmy,

It's difficult to consider an OTC stock as a long term investment in all but the rarest of cases.  Usually, a stock is listed as OTC or on the Pink Sheets for a reason - low standards for listing.  It is also difficult to make money with these stocks since the fluctuations in price can be so great.  You need price and volume to even have a chance and even then you need to know when to take profits.  And also realize that there is a lot of manipulation that goes on with OTC stocks by much smarter people than us.

The advice that little birdy should have given you is to stay away from OTC stocks and at best, try paper trading a few to see what you are in for.  There is money to be made with any stocks but you really need to know the risk in most OTC and pinkies before you get into them.

HANDBALLJIM

#9
Yes I have been burned before with Canadian Pink sheet stocks...

I guess I will not panic yet...and see what happens the next couple of days. Someone said a few post up that since it is thinly traded it causes gaps...so maybe some big buyers will come in. Must stay positive...we all have sold stocks to soon...just to see them go to the moon.


HANDBALLJIM

#10
Finally starting to move....anyone have any opinions for me?

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/070104/111227.html

Thanks, Jimmy