3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/24/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 24, 2007, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Good morning :)

The first thing I'm going to do today is to clean up the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio at or around the open.

- HGR I'm going to sell because it's not on fire anymore.

- NXXI I'm going to sell because this was a trading mistake (it doesn't matter if it goes up or down today). I bought it because of news without being able to assess the impact of that news. Also, financials look weak, as the company has been diluting shareholders value and it has preferred convertible shares issued. Also, the chart shows a bearish candlestick.

- XNL I'm going to sell because this was a "buy the rumor, sell the news" type of trade, and the news is out, with President Bush delivering his speech to Congress yesterday. Unfortunately the speech was widely anticipated so probably the reaction to the news will be negative.

I feel that yesterday I was eager to buy stocks, although we were not finding any good ones (or I wasn't picking the right ones from your suggestions). I need to correct course and clean this mess up.

Still, I have 20% or so profit in just 3 trading days, probably it is time to settle down and assimilate the short term gains.

Anyway, although I'm not in a buying mood today, I'll be here all day covering your suggestions with 3 minute videos and written analysis, we never know if something bombastic won't show up ;)


boatguy

RFMD is looking bombasticish :)

mbaugh


David Randolph

Ok, I took a 2.85% loss on XNL and a 4.41% loss on NXXI. Still holding HGR. (check the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio)

Take both profits and losses fast. But take small losses and big profits is the name of the game here.

Let's start reviewing those suggestions, thanks :)


David Randolph

Quote from: boatguy on January 24, 2007, 09:30:32 AM
RFMD is looking bombasticish :)

RFMD opened with a big gap up and is already somewhat below the open, what's your reasoning?

I'll make a 3 minute look anyway ... thanks.

healey

CTEL after consolidation is taking off again

boatguy

#6
Just noticed the volume spike- looks like some support at 7.28 and 7.11 risky for now though- HGR getting some volume now-NTMD still going, just passed through HOD

Se7en

David, I noticed our 3SOF chat is gone, why not install it back, it would imo be usefull for what you're doing here and it would only improve the interaction between our members! In the past I spent many days on the chat here with Saffeysite, Tirebld, fous, Calven and many others, I kind of miss it ... ::)
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

David Randolph

Quote from: boatguy on January 24, 2007, 10:00:14 AM
Just noticed the volume spike- looks like some support at 7.28 and 7.11 risky for now though- HGR getting some volume now-NTMD still going, just passed through HOD

I agree boatguy, results were out on RFMD and I have an hard time analyzing them. They look stellar, but guidance for the next quarters are not so hot. Technically the stock is facing resistance, I'm not a fan.

Just made a quick video on the technicals:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=781233401509648437&hl=en


freimuch

PACT   

A LOT OF GOOD NEWS LATELY!!!

jlong

INSM   taking off maybe approval in europe...rumor?.....breaking resistance

tokyopua

Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

Quote from: jlong on January 24, 2007, 10:19:45 AM
INSM   taking off maybe approval in europe...rumor?.....breaking resistance

I don't like the long term prospects of that stock anymore, here's my last take on it, written on December the 5th, 2006:

«That legal action from Genentech and Tercica was always a cloud on INSM. If that issue gets out of the way, hopefully to the better for Insmed, it is a positive development.

The 66% rally in November was discounting that possibility, not yet confirmed (hence the recent decline).

If we get good news, probably the stock will trade around $2 again. If the news is negative it will tank hard, probably 15 or 20% in one day.

It is essential that the court ruling turns out positive for INSM, but it doesn't solve other problems, like the $158 M market cap without relevant revenues and the constant need to make private placements (well, not soon, as their balance sheet is strong now).

My biggest concern is the market size of iPlex. When I first bought the stock I thought it was much larger. I thought the drug was to make small children grow more, so nobody would be less than 150 cm tall when an adult (I know you don't use the metric system, but I don't know your system). Anyway, on my limited information I expected iPlex to help short children grow more, but no, after all it is just for a small number of children that suffer of Severe Primary IGFD. I remember there were just 20 or 30 thousand children with the disease in the US.

With the current information I don't see a big potential on the stock, but good luck for everybody holding :)»


WallStreetnBio

David, I noticed you use alphatrade. I like the fundamental and technical analysis. What alphatrade platform do you reccomend for the average investor? There different options are rather confusing and can get expensive.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

mbaugh