3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/24/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 24, 2007, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kslifka

ATVE is still looking good here.  Nice rounding bottom.

David Randolph

Quote from: Se7en on January 24, 2007, 11:02:28 AM
looks like EGHT is on fire!

EGHT, yes, I love the revenue trend and business model of that company (VOIP player). It is the living prove that one shouldn't use technical stop losses when considering an investment.

Yes, on fire today but there's a lot of overhead resistance here (notice the volume it had when it spiked to $1.67), so I'll pass it today, but I see a lot of long term potential on that stock.

Thanks, let's have another !

nica33

Hello Dave!! Keep the nice work!!!

Please take a look to RMKR.

Thanks :D
Keep it simple !!

tokyopua

I got CNLG at 3.54, would have had it at 3.43 but Etrade wouldnt trade it, so I had to spend time to log into my Bank of America account and buy it with that  >:(.  

I dont know if it can do it, but if this breaks 5.08 today it can really fly (at 4.11 now, resistances at 4.2 and 4.45 in the meantime).
Chance favors the prepared mind

boatguy

#34
SFP might take off if it clears 3$ volume increasing-

HGR going through 9$ :)

RJT

TAKE A LOOK AT TRMM . Any comments on MIND?

David Randolph

#36
Quote from: kslifka on January 24, 2007, 11:19:42 AM
CNLG is on fire but maybe a little too hot now >:D

Gee, this isn't the first time CNLG makes one of these ! Unfortunately the last time it all ended in tears for late buyers.

I see it is just a $7.65 M market cap company, hence its ability to run so high in such a short period of time. I see their balance sheet looks healthy, with $2.5 M in cash and just $140 K in short term debt, so I don't fear short term dilution.

Revenues so far in 2006 are just $420 K, so kind of incipient, but at least they're not losing millions, just a ($710 K) in Q3.

Let's check the news that made it run the last time and today's news, to see if they are relevant enough:

For the first spike, there was nothing out, just the speculator's and day traders fever:

«Shares of Conolog Corp., which makes equipment for communications devices, nearly tripled on unusually heavy volume with no apparent news. The company didn't issue any comment or file documents with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and no analysts cover the company.

Nonetheless, the stock grew to $3.67 from Friday's close of $1.31. By noon, investors had traded almost 1.9 million shares, versus daily trading average of 20,000 shares.»

And today we have the following:

• Conolog Announces Final Approval for its CM-100 DIRECT SUBSTATION System; Deliveries Scheduled for Third Quarter
PR Newswire (Wed 10:42am)

The press release has no details or dollar estimates. I'm afraid people that were stuck with this stock on the previous spike will provide some resistance to the advance. There's no fundamental substance, at least not enough, the way I see it, to make it run much higher, and the risk of falling back down is relevant.

Anyway, good luck tokyopua and all the fast runners holding it :)

David Randolph

Quote from: bjc on January 24, 2007, 11:28:36 AM
IMOS please.

Hi bjc, thanks for the suggestion. I know IMOS more or less, it is a direct competitor of AMKR and I prefer AMKR. (in fact, AMKR is up 4% today, IMOS just 0.7%).

Anyway, since IMOS is not on fire today, I guess you're looking for more of a fundamental analysis on the stock, right? Tomorrow I'll hopefully have that new computer up and running, so I'll make a fundamental video on IMOS, how's that sound? (just remind me of it tomorrow, thanks).

Anyway, the short term chart looks great, with that golden cross and the ascending trend, good luck on IMOS !


David Randolph

Yes, MWIS.OB is up nicely today, 48% or so to $0.104, but I see resistance coming at $0.12 and volume in $ terms is less than $50,000 ... also, look at the bid/ask spread of more than 10%, just forget it for short term speculation. 

boatguy

#39
MEAD getting some volume-cleared 2.8-

got MEAD @ 2.47

http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=8729.msg85584#new

David Randolph

Quote from: kslifka on January 24, 2007, 12:19:58 PM
ATVE is still looking good here.  Nice rounding bottom.

You're right, looking good today, but volume is just about $200 K, if this thing dries nobody will want my shares (at least not at current prices). Also, the medium and long term trend is bearish, so there's overhead resistance, as shown by the 200 days simple moving average (blue on chart).

But thanks :)

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on January 24, 2007, 12:20:34 PM
Hello Dave!! Keep the nice work!!!

Please take a look to RMKR.

Thanks :D

Thanks nica33, I will !

Rainmaker? Suggestive name and chart :) ... actually this is the first time I see this stock, let me just make a quick fundamental review: market cap is $123 M, 2005 sales of $32 M, no revenue trend (so, no predictable growth), $48.15 M revs expected for 2006, $62 M for 2007 ... so forward revenue multiple is 1.98, compared to the industry average of 1.28.

Forward earnings multiple is 33, the industry average is 24.

So at first sight I don't see the value, but of course it can be hidden.

Technically not on fire today, but the short term chart certainly looks bullish, not so sure about the medium/long term.

David Randolph

Quote from: boatguy on January 24, 2007, 12:57:50 PM
MEAD getting some volume-cleared 2.8-

got MEAD @ 2.47

And now you're talking ;D

Ok, nice trade for you, congrats, but not on fire today, just 94,000 shares changing hands.

David Randolph

Quote from: boatguy on January 24, 2007, 12:32:55 PM
SFP might take off if it clears 3$ volume increasing-

HGR going through 9$ :)

Yes, I wasn't even looking, HGR pushing through $9 with nice volume, on fire after all. I'm glad I hesitated on that sale at the open ;) (although, NXXI and XNL were very well sold - I think it is also interesting to check the reasoning on the first post of this thread, how it was weak for HGR and strong for NXXI and XNL, if you know what I mean).

So, SFP ... let's check that one out.

Well, nothing to see, just 170,900 shares traded, not enough volume to be considered a momentum stock, at least not today.

Also, take a look at that resistance level at $3, made with much more volume the last time it went there, I'm not sure it will be able to break that:

boatguy

HGR looking better- might take some off at 9.9 area but will hold if it looks promising for the BIG move to15+ ;)