3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 01/24/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 24, 2007, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Quote from: RJT on January 24, 2007, 12:38:37 PM
TAKE A LOOK AT TRMM . Any comments on MIND?

Huge news out on TRMM today. They're selling their European unit for $92 M and the market cap is just $51.44 M. The problem is they have $178 M in long term debt, so all those $92 M are going to pay down the debt.

Recently they also sold their US Photocopier business to Skyview Capital and their Canadian ATM business.

The money is being used to pay down debt. It looks like they're selling the business, by parts, to pay the long term debt. I'm not sure what will be left will be of any value, much less of $50 M plus value. Probably there's a reason why they didn't sell the company as a whole, perhaps nobody wanted to buy it, because it was overvalued by the market.

So, running high today, but I have doubts about this not being just one day wonder on TRMM.

Perhaps it might be able to close that gap, at $5.01, but I fear these long term descending charts ... good luck :)

boatguy


David Randolph

Quote from: boatguy on January 24, 2007, 01:28:15 PM
HGR looking better- might take some off at 9.9 area but will hold if it looks promising for the BIG move to15+ ;)

Yeah, looking strong. Wazzup with $9.9? Looks clean on your chart.

David Randolph

#48
Ok people, although the market is up a lot today (by the way, in case you didn't notice it, we're in a bull market), I want to buy something that enters the eyes with that "can't miss" feeling, you know?

Not easy to pull it out, and sometimes what looks like "can't miss", will indeed miss. There are several stocks that I like and are up nicely today on good volume, but I don't want to mess with those because they already belong to the Main Portfolio, that is, the 3 Stocks on Fire Premium Service medium/long term portfolio, which is up 246% since inception on April 2005 (got to make some publicity on that Premium service ;))

Let's see what we have left, I'm also going to make a tour through some special momentum filters to see if I find anything that I like.

Thanks for your participation !

tokyopua

White knuckled it there for a bit as it fell, CNLG just hit .5 above my buy point so I sold, could still go higher but I wont complain  ;)
Chance favors the prepared mind

boatguy

I'm chicken Dave and take some profit when I can  :)


David Randolph

Quote from: tokyopua on January 24, 2007, 01:52:36 PM
White knuckled it there for a bit as it fell, CNLG just hit .5 above my buy point so I sold, could still go higher but I wont complain  ;)

Good job, congrats Tokyo :)

dwest718

I know you don't want Pinks but I really want to know your opinion on DOVP.  It broke through short term resistance today on pretty solid volume and big white candle.  Sitting at highs of the day.  Will it have more room to run?

David Randolph

#53
Quote from: dwest718 on January 24, 2007, 02:26:14 PM
I know you don't want Pinks but I really want to know your opinion on DOVP.  It broke through short term resistance today on pretty solid volume and big white candle.  Sitting at highs of the day.  Will it have more room to run?

My problem with pinks is that I don't have either technical or fundamental information. My Metastock database service doesn't cover pinks, and my fundamental data service also does not cover pinks.

For example, you're talking about DOVP. What's the market cap of that company?

I don't know, where to find the information?

I could never buy a stock without knowing the market cap, at least that. That's like buying a product without knowing the price. Of course, the share price doesn't tell you how much you're paying, only the market cap does.

Unless you're a pure technical player (which I ain't), it's very hard to be interested in any PK due to lack of information.

Therefore I don't have an opinion on DOVP.

nullzero

What do you think of AUY david?

David Randolph

Ok, here's how it goes, I'm playing with little money here and I don't want it to be parked.

The best momentum stock covered today, and that I'm seeing on pages and pages of stocks, is TRMM.

Therefore I just bought 33.33% of the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio capital in TRMM at $3.17.

I think it has the potential to gap up tomorrow.

boatguy

#56
OPMR on fire

Watch only , not a recomendation.  ;)

Sidotti buy Rumor?

David Randolph

I was encouraged to see that they sold their US Photocopier business for $9.2 million, the Canadian ATM business for CDN$14.75 million and now the ATM business in the United Kingdom and Germany for $92.6 million.

Let's see how this plays out until the end of the session and at the open tomorrow, I guess people will be impressed by the $92 M for the European business.

tokyopua

#58
I wouldnt buy it up here, but percentage wise the most on fire stock today I have seen is PLMA, no news that I saw, 166% ::).

I joined you on TRMM David at the same entry price, looks like probably some others here have too and we gave it a little jump start  ;)
Chance favors the prepared mind

boatguy