3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/24/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 24, 2007, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Quote from: tokyopua on January 24, 2007, 03:18:19 PM
I wouldnt buy it up here, but percentage wise the most on fire stock today I have seen is PLMA, no news that I saw, 166% ::).

I joined you on TRMM David at the same entry price, looks like probably some others here have too and we gave it a little jump start  ;)

Nah, not us, actually, after I posted the buy, the stock went down 1 - 2% ... it was below my buying price for 5 or 10 minutes, I guess. But now TRMM is rocketing higher towards the close, up 52% :o

PLMA? You need to pay attention to volume in dollar terms tokyo, look at it, just  $230 K changing hands today, can't be considered a true momentum play, just some kids playing in the backyard ;D

boatguy

Pull those stops on TRMM!!

tokyopua

Quote from: David Randolph on January 24, 2007, 03:25:34 PM
Quote from: tokyopua on January 24, 2007, 03:18:19 PM
I wouldnt buy it up here, but percentage wise the most on fire stock today I have seen is PLMA, no news that I saw, 166% ::).

I joined you on TRMM David at the same entry price, looks like probably some others here have too and we gave it a little jump start  ;)

Nah, not us, actually, after I posted the buy, the stock went down 1 - 2% ... it was below my buying price for 5 or 10 minutes, I guess. But now TRMM is rocketing higher towards the close, up 52% :o

PLMA? You need to pay attention to volume in dollar terms tokyo, look at it, just  $230 K changing hands today, can't be considered a true momentum play, just some kids playing in the backyard ;D

I was trying to stress the words percentage wise in what I wrote above, as I know I would not have bought it as a real on fire stock due to the volume, etc.    Just pointing it out as a curiousity, but actually it does beg the point that all of us should try to confine our suggestions to only stocks with volume so as not to take up your bandwidth.  I will only point out such stocks from now on (unless I make a mistake, lol) ;)
Chance favors the prepared mind

boatguy

#63
Tokyopua, Those of us that have been around awhile know when you give a heads up it is just that!!

Keep it up ;D  Your opinion is valued here!

Percentage is how I track too, gotta get a 100K trades before you can get a million.


David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on January 24, 2007, 02:53:47 PM
What do you think of AUY david?

I don't understand it very well ... expectations are for an astounding revenue and EPS increase for 2007. I wonder why is that, probably acquisitions?

But still, a $3.5 B market cap company, huge already, especially when compared to 2006 numbers, valuation looks stratospheric.

Still, looks like it is trying to breakout from a short term descending resistance, good luck, and if you want, add some info :)

tokyopua

Thanks boatguy  :)

I guess I will add another heads up then since its a bit late to buy today, but OPBL.OB was on fire today and since yesterday, with buying pressure that was sustained throuhgout the day.  The chart looks too parabolic for my tastes and the stock doesnt have much history, but its rising on a 19% buyout from NYMEX.  Nice financials, at least to my untrained eye, nice accelerating income growth...
Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

#66
More info for TRMM, I just put Michael on the job and he found out that:

- UK + Canada sales were 1/3 of total.
- UK + Canada business was sold for about $105 M
- So, we can extrapolate total assets worth $315 M
- LT debt is $178 M
- Net Asset Value = $127 M
- 17.2 million shares outstanding, so market cap now $55.9 M.
- According to these calculus TRMM should run up to $7.40 to be fairly valued.

Now spam the hell out of these calculus on Yahoo and more if you can, we want a big gap up at tomorrow's open

I was kidding, don't worry about that, perhaps I'll write an article on TRMM later.

I'm going dinner now, will close this board to new posts until tomorrow, see ya :D

kslifka

#67
Quote from: David Randolph on January 24, 2007, 04:00:52 PM
More info for TRMM, I just put Michael on the job and he found out that:

- UK + Canada sales were 1/3 of total.
- UK + Canada business was sold for about $105 M
- So, we can extrapolate total assets worth $315 M
- LT debt is $178 M
- Net Asset Value = $127 M
- 17.2 million shares outstanding, so market cap now $55.9 M.
- According to these calculus TRMM should run up to $7.40 to be fairly valued.

Now spam the hell out of these calculus on Yahoo and more if you can, we want a big gap up at tomorrow's open

Now that's what I like to hear ;D