3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/26/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 26, 2007, 09:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nygal321

So what do u think of EVCC???

I think this is a STOCK ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
Irene

nica33

your opinion for COLM.  Great vol.!
Keep it simple !!

stoynalina

David! What do you think about SMD?

Terliso

Quote from: David Randolph on January 26, 2007, 09:26:41 AM
If you've been following this board you have been seeing how I mix technical and fundamental information to select stocks. I believe this gives me a little extra points when compared to the pure guts and glory technical player.

We'll see, that debate is still open.


You are the Captain here the David, portfolio is up almost 40% in just a matter of days.... ;)  applause ;)

David Randolph

Quote from: nygal321 on January 26, 2007, 01:35:44 PM
So what do u think of EVCC???

I think this is a STOCK ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
Irene

I already answered that. Yes, on fire now, but I don't understand what's going on with that stock, so I'll keep away. Why do you like it, besides the chart? Please en light me on EVCC. Thanks :)

David Randolph

Quote from: Terliso on January 26, 2007, 01:44:56 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on January 26, 2007, 09:26:41 AM
If you've been following this board you have been seeing how I mix technical and fundamental information to select stocks. I believe this gives me a little extra points when compared to the pure guts and glory technical player.

We'll see, that debate is still open.


You are the Captain here the David, portfolio is up almost 40% in just a matter of days.... ;)  applause ;)

Yes, of course, that would not be possible with a bigger size portfolio like the Main. And as it went up, it can go down, I guess. But I'm finding this experience of trading with just $15,000 and just 3 stocks a great reward, because what I would like to prove is that it is possible for a small guy (in trading account size, of course) to get to a medium size and then to a huge size. I guess the techniques must change and evolve with size.

The debate is open, lets see what we can do ;)

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on January 26, 2007, 01:40:31 PM
your opinion for COLM.  Great vol.!

COLM is a $2.1 B market cap company. I guess I'm going to put another rule on FAQ: "Just below $500 M market cap wanted".

Because to move fast, stocks need to be small. It's hard for a billion dollar or more company to make a big short term move.

I would cover it if I had more time now, but since it is Friday and there's only two hours left in the session, I'll start eliminating stocks that don't perfectly match my technical/fundamental filter.

Thanks for the suggestion, though :)

Se7en

Quote from: Terliso on January 26, 2007, 01:44:56 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on January 26, 2007, 09:26:41 AM
If you've been following this board you have been seeing how I mix technical and fundamental information to select stocks. I believe this gives me a little extra points when compared to the pure guts and glory technical player.

We'll see, that debate is still open.


You are the Captain here the David, portfolio is up almost 40% in just a matter of days.... ;)  applause ;)

True, nice work but very difficult to follow for people who aren't online the whole day and completely new to what 3SOF was in the past, I thought the portfolio would be for some short term trading but this is very very short term, almost daytrading... ::)

However, keep up the good work!
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

flyingstocks

really like PGMI.OB, any chance to analyse it? thanks

David Randolph

Quote from: stoynalina on January 26, 2007, 01:43:04 PM
David! What do you think about SMD?

I don't know anything about it, but going down 14% today with just about $200,000 changing hands, so definitely not on fire.

Two hours to go, bring me fire

David Randolph

QuoteTrue, nice work but very difficult to follow for people who aren't online the whole day and completely new to what 3SOF was in the past, I thought the portfolio would be for some short term trading but this is very very short term, almost daytrading... Roll Eyes

However, keep up the good work!

Of the 9 trades made so far (considering the two still open), only 1 was a day trade. The objective is not to follow, is to understand the method.

Because if I can do it once (that is, to turn a small trading size account into a medium size account), I'll be able to do it whenever I want, provided the strategy is sound.

If you think this is fast trading you should see me day trading the DAX futures .. . in comparison this is mom and pop trading ;D

Thanks ;)

David Randolph

Quote from: flyingstocks on January 26, 2007, 01:58:52 PM
really like PGMI.OB, any chance to analyse it? thanks

I wish you very good luck with PGMI.OB flyingstocks, up 16% today :)

However, volume is just about $125 K, not enough to consider on fire ... why do you like it so much?

dcrlin



You are the Captain here the David, portfolio is up almost 40% in just a matter of days.... ;)  applause ;)
[/quote]

True, nice work but very difficult to follow for people who aren't online the whole day and completely new to what 3SOF was in the past, I thought the portfolio would be for some short term trading but this is very very short term, almost daytrading... ::)

However, keep up the good work!
[/quote]

David,

I thought this portfolio is a shorter term trades than Main portfolio.  It's almost like daytrading now.  I am not new to 3SOF, but it's very hard for me to follow you  picks.  I press reload button often (almost every other minute) since this portfolio started, but I still miss you picks or the stock is too high already. 

I only have about 8% profit so far.  How to better follow your picks?

Thanks for the great picks.

dcrlin

kslifka

ABTG.ob

Techincally...so so...but up because of revenue growth released yesterday.

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ambient Corporation (OTCBB: ABTG - News), a leader in Broadband over Power Lines (BPL) solutions, announced today that it expects to report record revenues for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2006. Ambient released preliminary consolidated revenue figures of approximately $1.45 million (unaudited) for the three months ended December 31, 2006.

ADVERTISEMENT
click here
Based on preliminary fourth quarter sales results, Ambient expects to report revenues of approximately $2.353 million for fiscal year 2006, an 893% increase over fiscal year 2005 revenues of $236,903.


flyingstocks

PGMI.OB - volume is 400k so far, it is kind of on fire :)

Pachinko machines are a legal gamling format in Japan. very popular there. growth is certain. PGMI operates 14 stores and opening new ones. only 8m market cap. rev is 5m last Q. EPS is negative because of depreciations.

One thing I am not certain of is it has a lot of convertible shares. so the market cap is not really 8m. more like 30-40m. still represents good value IMO.