3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 01/29/2007

Started by David Randolph, January 29, 2007, 09:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quilan

Watch DYMTF today!!!

It's on fire!

David Randolph

Quote from: bjc on January 29, 2007, 11:33:42 AM
Happy Birthday, David..

I remember you talking about covering IMOS last week, but I could never find it, if you did.  I was just curious as to whether that was still in your plans. 

Hi bjc, this is the third time you request IMOS, and I'm glad you did it, because the stock looks really undervalued here:

IMOS 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-677779339822669417&hl=en

Even more undervalued than AMKR, another one in this sector that I like. I guess the problem with them is they're not filing the proper forms with the SEC, and that always puts a cap on valuation. But still, too cheap to be true, considering the revenue and EPS trends.

I'll have a deeper look at it at the Premium area and perhaps I'll buy it for the Main Portfolio.

Thanks :)

David Randolph

Quote from: nuccio on January 29, 2007, 11:45:29 AM
Happy Birthday David. You don't look a day over 20. Keep up the good work. Any thoughts on MDZ

Hi nuccio, nice photo :)

Actually I'm 31 and already a father of 2 :)

Here's the 3 minute look I made for MDZ:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-3038924012721745531&hl=en

Its market cap is too large already at $2.4 B or so, so not interesting for short term trading purposes. This is really a boring stock, even on a longer term basis, but I guess not too risky either. Good luck if you own it :)

David Randolph

Quote from: supergeek on January 29, 2007, 11:45:40 AM
I sold 60% of my EVCC at the open today for 5.47. It was up 600% or so since i bought it, so im not kicking myself that hard. and i still have the other 40% up almost 800%. I cant explain this company mainly because i cant find much on it. like i said last week, my dear old mum who knows nothing about this had a dream hunch so i bought a little bit.

hehe supergeek, you're a funny guy ;D And a great trader too, holding for that huge run up ! I wonder how were you able to do it without knowing much about the company. You probably trust a lot in technical analysis and kept it as it went up ... but that's kind of contradictory to selling now, since it continues to go up (but perhaps making a short term top, who knows).

Well, the next time your mom has a dream, don't forget to mention it here at 3 Stocks :D

Thanks !

David Randolph

Quote from: gmarc66 on January 29, 2007, 12:19:55 PM
Happy Birthday David! ;D

I believe it was Ramsburgs and Michaels Birthdays this month too, wasnt it? Happy Belated Guys! :D

thanks

julia

Hi julia, nice to see you :)

Yes, Ramsburg made 30 on December the 28th, I'm exactly 11 months older than he is. Don't know about Michael though, got to ask him, since he's a close friend (although I never met him personally, I talk to him everyday and have talked more with him than many "close" friends I have near by ...

David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on January 29, 2007, 12:21:38 PM
Happy birthday david btw, I look for stocks under 1 billion market cap from now on.

Yes nullzero, even if you want to short a stock, if you're looking for fast profits, it will be easier to grab them on a low market cap company, because, you know, for a $10 B company to fall 50%, it must lose $5 B in value, for a $300 M market cap to do the same move on the share price, it just needs to lose $150 M in market value.

So, much easier for small caps to make big short term moves than with big caps (although, sometimes these stocks can make big moves too).

In the past I had the tendency (when considering shorting, which I don't like much, because of the long term reward/risk ratio) to look for huge companies, because I thought they had more to lose ... that's true, but not in share price terms, and that's what ultimately makes your account balance change.

David Randolph

TRMM touched yesterday's low of $2.92 and it is coming back to $3 now. I wonder if it will push back above $3, even I will be surprised. But I'm still holding, I usually don't change plans all that frequently and don't like to watch the intraday activity.

OFI still pushing up strong, gaining 10% today.

SILC has been giving you a chance to buy below my entry price for a couple of hours or so, but I guess it will close at the high of the day.

David Randolph

Quote from: Quilan on January 29, 2007, 01:09:59 PM
Watch DYMTF today!!!

It's on fire!

3 minute look for DYMTF.OB:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2120008801433451432&hl=en

Indeed on fire, but it looks tremendously overvalued, with $175 M market cap and $0 revenues (also huge losses).

Good luck though, thanks for the suggestion :)

marlene

hi dave,.................happyyyyyyy birth..

i´am new at 3 stocks on fire...................

what you thinking about "ptsc"

have a nice day.............. :) :)

phabrux

Hi David,

what about one of your old pick?
     

WYY


Thanks
phabrux

nullzero


422fwhp

Hello and happy birthday!

FUEL please.

...then, take a break and go to the park with your kids  ;)

David Randolph

Quote from: marlene on January 29, 2007, 02:18:49 PM
hi dave,.................happyyyyyyy birth..

i´am new at 3 stocks on fire...................

what you thinking about "ptsc"

have a nice day.............. :) :)

Hi marlene, thanks, and you're welcome to 3 Stocks on Fire :)

I know PTSC.OB fairly well, and unfortunately I dislike it. Here's my latest take on it:

«PTSC.OB 3 minute look:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=1631124066098011850&hl=en

I said on the video that I would share a link to a more in depth analysis of PTSC.OB, but unfortunately somethings wrong with www.otcbbcoverage.com where I had the analysis posted. I'll talk to Ramsburg to see what's up with that website and will post PTSC's written analysis here, later (I was extremely bearish on the stock when it was trading at $1.20 - $1.30, it's a pity xxxxxx didn't read that analysis. But, don't worry mate, all you need to do, I guess, is take the loss, the lesson, and move on :))»


David Randolph

Quote from: phabrux on January 29, 2007, 02:24:37 PM
Hi David,

what about one of your old pick?
       

WYY


Thanks
phabrux

WYY my old pick? I don't think so phabrux, at least, I don't remember it. Perhaps it was of the beers I had over lunch , so please refresh my memory with a link.

Thanks :)

dnickers

Hey guys - I think we're supposed to be giving David stocks that are on fire...not down for the day on low volume...we don't need to waste his time!