3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 02/02/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 02, 2007, 09:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Quote from: akclide on February 02, 2007, 03:05:37 PM
HSOA, Huge short position Do not know when the earnings are.Vol. improving.
May see a good pop Your opinion.

Doesn't meet the criteria today, because it is up just 1.23%.

I made an analysis on it which you can find on the Stock Picking board at HSOA's thread. Didn't like the stock, unfortunately.

A huge short position can make a stock run if there's a bullish catalyst, but it doesn't change the fundamentals of the company. Most stocks that go down from $20 to below $1 have huge short positions in them, but if bears are right on their fundamental reasoning, the market will ultimately pay them, not the bulls, who are wrong on their fundamental assessments.

In this the stock market is much different from the futures market ... it took me some time to learn that (more than a year).

David Randolph

EVCC down 19%, after being up all morning ... Jesus ! That stock's manipulators are as mean as they make them, and don't take prisoners

metrom129

CPNE   Yeaaaaa!!!!!   23 percent gain!!   

TraderStar

#123
Quote from: David Randolph on February 02, 2007, 03:19:28 PM
EVCC down 19%, after being up all morning ... Jesus ! That stock's manipulators are as mean as they make them, and don't take prisoners

I took my money and ran this morning after what you said about it yesterday.  Thanks for the heads up about that.

Stupid question:  when you say at least $500k volume
QuoteVolume must be above the recent average (and above $500 K traded today)
does that mean if a stock trades for $10 and trades 50k shares, then that is equal to $500,000?  Or do you mean at least 500k shares traded overall (irrespective of stock price?)

cramercramer

Xide is atart running. But what about XIDEW? the same stock? Can start run any time

nullzero

Wow wish I bought more CPNE! I have 4900shrs riding on it

kslifka

Been watching ZAAP the past couple of days....no burning up >:D

David Randolph

QuoteStupid question:  when you say at least $500,000 volume does that mean if a stock trades for $10 and trades 50k shares, then that is equal to $500,000?  Or do you mean at least 500k shares traded overall (irrespective of stock price?)

There are two restrictions. That's because of pennies. Let me explain:

- Volume must be more than 300 K shares traded, to make sure you don't bring me boring stocks trading at $50 with 100 K shares traded. Those are trading $5 M , but they're not interesting anyway;

- Volume must be more than $500 K. That's because you can have a penny stock trading 100 million shares, but in dollar terms that's just a few thousand dollars, so I can't buy it.

nullzero

#128
FLOW is moving up fast on double average volume so far! Up over 4% moving toward 5%.

FLOW UP 8%!

David Randolph

Quote from: cramercramer on February 02, 2007, 03:31:23 PM
Xide is atart running. But what about XIDEW? the same stock? Can start run any time

Good question. I don't know.

I probably should have bought XIDE on the dip ... great stock !

TraderStar

Quote from: David Randolph on February 02, 2007, 03:38:16 PM

There are two restrictions. That's because of pennies. Let me explain:

- Volume must be more than 300 K shares traded, to make sure you don't bring me boring stocks trading at $50 with 100 K shares traded. Those are trading $5 M , but they're not interesting anyway;

- Volume must be more than $500 K. That's because you can have a penny stock trading 100 million shares, but in dollar terms that's just a few thousand dollars, so I can't buy it.

Got it.  What is the cheapest penny stock you are willing to trade?  I know some people will trade stocks priced in micro-pennies .. I don't like to trade them under 20 cents or so.

David Randolph

Quote from: kslifka on February 02, 2007, 03:37:40 PM
Been watching ZAAP the past couple of days....no burning up >:D

Perhaps I focused too much on the stock dividend idea. Perhaps there's more to it. I probably should have spent more time with ZAAP, but whenever I see a stock dividend I smell pumping for dilution, so I walk away.

It happened with IBCX.PK ...

nullzero

What do you think of FLOW david?

TraderStar

Has SCUR been mentioned today?  I checked back briefly and did not find it. 

David Randolph

QuoteGot it.  What is the cheapest penny stock you are willing to trade?  I know some people will trade stocks priced in micro-pennies .. I don't like to trade them under 20 cents or so.

Usually I don't like them under $0.01 (you know they can trade as low as $0.0001), but it depends on the volume traded in $ terms. If I see an OTCBB with more than $1 M traded it gets my attention, because that's enough money involved to be just a meaningless spike.