3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 02/05/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 05, 2007, 09:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramercramer


TraderStar

NGS another one looking good

TraderStar


David Randolph

Quote from: BigSully1 on February 05, 2007, 09:38:03 AM
RDCM earnings out-look pretty good.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070205/ukm005.html?.v=93

Technically RDCM is neutral. It might breakout above the $3.3 resistance level, but for now we can only hope. Let me check the fundamentals of the company:

- Market cap is $48 M. The Company develops, manufactures, markets and supports innovative, high-performance internetworking test and analysis equipment and quality management for data communications and telecommunications networks
- Balance sheet is strong
- Indeed, this latest quarter was the strongest ever, both in revenue and EPS terms. If we annualize 4th quarter revenues we get about $30 M for a full year, and annualizing the $0.07 EPS we get $0.28, which points to a forward earnings multiple of just 11.

There are no analyst estimates on Yahoo, but I like the stock. In fact, I just bought it for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio at $3.08.

dnickers


David Randolph

Quote from: cramercramer on February 05, 2007, 10:54:37 AM
OFI on fire again today

Yes, we own it at the Main Portfolio for longer term purposes, up 7.6% today, nice :)

kpusan

FORG

Having a good day today .. coming off a recent dip ... I am already in at $1.26 but thought this could be a possible play to watch .. volume is still a bit low but has been slowly trending up

David Randolph

Quote from: boatguy on February 05, 2007, 09:43:35 AM
TWTR volume picking up

TWTR is stock #154 on our Stocks Covered List

My take was that it could run as high as $2, but this is a rebound in a bearish trend, and that always presents a poor reward/risk ratio opportunity, because most of the times trends persist. Fundamentally I was also worried about growing losses due to pricing competition from Wal Mart and other larger retailers.

BigSully1

David, you got RDCM a bit cheaper than I did, as I bought shortly after the open. I have another order in hoping to get filled.

I remember when you bought RDCM for the portfolio some time back maybe a year to 2 years ago. Earnings had just came out around 3c,  and the stock just sat there around $2.28 for several days afterwards. Not very well followed. You saw it as a bargain, I saw it as a bargin and loaded up. Made lots of money on the tremendous run up that followed with many profitable trades in between. I believe it ran up to over $5.

I hope we can do that again.


marlene

hi david..............what´s about "etlt"

have a nice day..................

David Randolph

Quote from: kslifka on February 05, 2007, 09:51:04 AM
AVZA...I get numbers EPS from -.05 from Q4 of 2006 increasing this latest quarter to +.07 from Q1 of 2007.  Technically looks good.

Hello kslifka :)

AVZA is stock # 153 on our Stocks Covered List. Yesterday I wrote:

Quote- EPS reported today for the fiscal Q1 2007 was $0.07. Good, but EPS for the fiscal Q4 2006 was $0.14, so net profit margin declined by a lot, even though revenues rose.

And yes, you're right, my fundamental service had this data wrong ??? Fiscal 4th quarter, 2006 had an EPS loss of 5 cents, not a EPS profit of $0.14 as I thought.

So comparisons are better. But still, if we multiply those $0.07 by four we get $0.28 and a forward earnings multiple of 22.

Perhaps not all that expensive, but double of what we get on RDCM, so I'm going with RDCM, but good luck with AVZA :)

akclide

MTMC picking up vol. price up

David Randolph

Quote from: prodigykid6 on February 05, 2007, 10:28:31 AM
David you should try youtube.com to post the videos

The problem with youtube.com is that we need a code to put the video here on the message board and youtube.com takes between 1 and 2 hours to give me that code. Google video used to be instantaneous, but then only about half an hour later, and now they don't let me upload videos at all, unless I talk to them about being a professional video publisher or something like that. Of course, now I don't have time for that kind of talk, maybe later.

Thanks for the advice :)

cramercramer

Too bad David you don't like biotech.  NEXM can be next VPHM

bjc

HSOA crossing 200 ma. 

Stock has made numerous failed attempts, let's see if this one holds.