3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Daytrading with Consensus

Started by Ares, February 08, 2007, 08:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better

Using a stop loss
2 (100%)
Using a hedge
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Ares

#105
In BRCD: 9.23
Will 9.23 hold or will this tank towards 8.60?
next resistance: 9.31
next resistance: 9.48
next resistance: ?
I wonder if some shorts are considering to cover already.
I still have that block of at least 300,000 at 9.36 in the green at the back of my mind.
If this goes over 9.36, that buyer will be making money already.
Hovering at 9.31
Will 9.31 hold or will it dip back to 9.14?
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#106
This chart shows a high of 9.95.
I didn't see how many shares was printed at 9.95.
Is this a signal that the price will be taken there or is it a fakeout?
Another possibility is a market maker testing resistance or triggering stops of shorts.
So far, multiple timeframes show and uptrend.
If the trend really is our friend(on this particular stock) this should go up.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#107
So far, the trend has been friendly.
The hourly chart shows a close above the 200ma accompanied by volume.
A golden cross on the hourly chart is about to happen.
Previous hour's high: 9.34
Previous hour's low: 9.23
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Quote from: pnguyen652004 on March 01, 2007, 02:42:03 AM
Sorry for this question but i didn't find out the info.  Just want to know how you can transfer your partly money from your tradefree dom account out and how much they will charge for each trx?

Thanks,


I just got off the phone with Marco at Tradefreedom.
He told me that there are 3 ways of withdrawing money from the account.
All we have to do is call them and they could:
1) send out a cheque(free)
2) do an electronic transfer (free- we just have to provide a void cheque where the fund will be transferred)
3) wire transfer (not free)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#109
Out BRCD at 9.37
Stalling too much
This may go up just after I exit but these are my reasons for getting out:
It opened and close below the 15 minute 8ma.
Not enough volume going up after it created a higher high on the 15 minute chart.
Watching for another entry.
I may have to buy higher than my exit to enter with momentum or wait for the stock to tank and buy close to support.
I still like the look of the 50ma that is about to cross the 200ma of the hourly chart (noting that this hasn't crossed yet)
On the other hand, the 15 minute chart gave me a definite signal to get out (for now).
In my mind, it's better to get out at a plus for now than to hope for the 9.45(previous hour's high)/9.48(52 week high) resistance to be broken.

In BRCD: 9.23
Out BRCD: 9.37
Profit: 0.14

Looking back, the 15 minute chart gave me a signal to get out at around 11:30ET when the price opened and closed below the 8ma.
If I initated an exit at that time I could have gotten out close to 9.45 since I  know that 9.48 is resistance.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#110
In BRCD again at: 9.43
Hourly chart made a higher high, time and sales green(momentum building)
15 minute chart has price above the 8ma again.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#111
Out BRCD:9.57
minute chart opened and closed below the 8ma.
next push didn't go  above 8 ma and time and sales was slow (making a decision)

In BRCD: 9.43
Out BRCD: 9.57
Profit: 0.14

Buy target:

9.60 (previous hour's high with a low of 9.38) resistance broken or

Support at:

9.26 (Hourly 200ma)

9.08 (Hourly congestion area)

8.73(Daily swing low)

8.60 (previous hourly congestion area)
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Premarket most acive: AVNX,BRCD,XOMA,CHTR
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Question: If a market maker is at the best bid showing only 100 shares , the time and sales prints red for a few seconds printing way more that 100 shares but the price is not going down. What could be happening?
a) It shows that time and sales is unreliable  0 (0%)
b) The market maker has actually more than 100 shares that is willing to buy at the bid but would only honor 100 shares.  0 (0%)
c) I don't know  2 (100%)

Total Voters: 2

Most of the time, the market maker has actually more shares to buy than it actually shows.
This is called, hiding size.
The market maker is refreshing 100 shares at the bid.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#114
BRCD's premarket high is 9.70
It should break this before I get in or wait for it to tank in the 9.00 range.
Today's set up is better than yesterday's
1 active in premarket
2 positive net price
3 didn't gap up

Hourly 50 ma:9.31
Hourly 200ma:9.07
9.01 = premarket low, hourly congestion area

This is how I look at it.

I let the market get consensus and let it decide where iit wants to take the price.
Price will either go up or come down.
It takes more effort for price to go up than to come down.
Price falls faster than when it climbs (most of the time)

If there's strong demand, I'm in.
If not, I'll be waiting close to perceived support.

If I'm wrong in determining my first perceived support, I'll cut my loss and wait again at the next perceived support and the next and the next.

Price somehow would find the real support and climb.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Previous hour's high:9.68
Previous hour's low:9.53

The hourly chart shows price closed below the 8ma.
Daily chart is still positive.
If the hourly chart opens and closes below the 8ma and breakdown 9.53 - this could go down fast.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

momentum seems to be picking up.
So far, the bulls seem to be fighting for price to go up
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#117
I was getting bored with BRCD. I just placed alerts and started shopping around for other candidates.
XOMA's hourly chart looks interesting.
I'm looking at 2.96 as resistance to be broken.
XOMA pierced the lower bollinger band with small volume, tanked and ended the move with a large volume outside the B-.
It went above the BB on the recovery rally.
second dip was just touching the B- with way smaller volume.
The previous hour's candle touched the 8 ma and backed off with a high of 2.96
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

BRCD's momentum is really starting to pick up.
I'm tempted to get in but still holding back.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

XOMA is below the 8ma of the weekly chart, and the daily chart so far.
There's a lot of overhead resistance's in here.
I'm still interested with this though because of the momentum low possibility in the hourly chart.
The added benefit during a bear market is a stronger possibility of a short squeeze.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.