3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Daytrading with Consensus

Started by Ares, February 08, 2007, 08:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better

Using a stop loss
2 (100%)
Using a hedge
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

nutsterrt

Ares...still have TSTC on your radar? Moving again today  :D

Ares

#226
Watching RNO's 4.25 resistance.
RNO went above the previous week's high, pulled back for 3 days and currently has a positive net price.
This may really move when the 4.25 resistance is broken by blocks.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#227
Hi Nutsterrt,
TSTC looking good on the Daily chart but still below the 8Weekly ma.
Weekly 8ma= 8.98
previous week's high = 8.90

Nice bounce from the 8 dollar support area  :) and broke through yesterday's high of 8.41.
Currently trading above the daily's 8ma
Positive net price.
I would wait for at least 25 cents above the open with lots of green at time and sales (better if lots of blocks coming in) to enter with momentum.

I guess just watch out for those overhead resistance.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#228
MVIS just went above 3.80
My alert came on but I didn't see the activity in level 2.
Just to give a heads up to whoever is watching this.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Looking at DNDN's 1 minute chart, the momentum entry would have been at 15.02

momentum low = 14.80
higher high = entry signal
previous high = 15.02
protective stop just below 14.80
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#230
Out DNDN at 14.80
This is getting frustrating.
Went in with momentum and bought strength at 15, price went up to 15.40 but didn't take a profit
Saw momentum low entry for buying weakness ,went as high as 15.23 but broke the 14.80 low instead.
The 15 minute chart showed that the price opened and closed below the 8 ma with a high of 15.14 and a low of 14.96.
If I exited using this strategy, I would still have been out at a loss.
I need to find out an exit strategy that would get me out at the highest possible profit (if it is possible).
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Momentum low entry for DNDN at 14.70
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#232
DNDN recently hit 14.99 (resitance) and pulled back on the 1 minute chart.
Should I exit now at a profit or take some risk, ride the dip, and let it run?
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#233
BDSI getting close to 5.96 resistance.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#234
Question: What is a positive net price?
It is when the open is above the previous day's close  1 (33.3%)
It is when the last price is above the previous day's close  2 (66.7%)
I don't know  0 (0%)

Total Voters: 3

I think a positive net price is when the last price is above the open.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

PMCS. Watching 7.15 as resistance to be broken.
Above weekly and daily 8ma.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

nutsterrt

TSTC looks like it'll hold 9 today  :o  Curious if you got in or not the other day.

Ares

#237
Wow nutsterrt,

TSTC broke 8.90 and 8.98.
I'm happy for you.
Me, I haven't got into it (even on paper).
I'm still paper trading right now.
Still searching for a  strategy that will work for me.
I'm already frustrated with my trades lately and it's not even real money.
I would have been stopped out at DNDN at 14.61 again instead of a  profit if I exited at 14.94.
I got in at 14.70 using a momentum low entry and looking for the price to break 14.99 again.
When it didn't break it, I hanged on and rode the pullback which went down below 14.61.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

nutsterrt

Well, good for you for trading on paper while you try to find a strategy that works for you. Wish I would've done the same when I first started; I probably would've saved myself a few bucks over the long run.

My greatest weakness seems to be timing, but I have a feeling that is going to be difficult to ever perfect. Good luck to you!

Ares

#239
I would like to test the Linear regression/RSI2.

I'm trying to figure out how I could copy and paste a chart from prophet.net in here.

RFMD is currently at the lower regression line and RSI2 is below 20.
It looks like a buy at 6.20/6.12 area  for a long term hold.
The linear regression line is currently sideways.
I'm just eyeballing the targets since this prophet.net chart is new to me.
Targets are: 6.80,7.50,8.20, and 8.80.

I wonder if this would be a good candidate for daytrading tomorrow.



Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.