3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 02/14/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 14, 2007, 09:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

#15
Quote from: nullzero on February 14, 2007, 09:40:37 AM
IMOS is looking really good :).

Yep, powerful bullish reaction to the 50 days SMA.

And the recent news out of IMOS promise to finally unlock the company's valuation.

IMOS was covered previously, as one can see on the Stocks Covered List under "I", but I guess the recent news and increased institutional ownership are a clear signal that IMOS is on the right path to make its shares reflect the true value of the company.

I'm a bull in IMOS (although, for me the best in the sector is still AMKR)!

WallStreetnBio

Quote from: nica33 on February 14, 2007, 11:39:57 AM
CYCR.ob

I like the insider purchases but its a biotech. Maybe David will check it out.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

kslifka

KRSL keeps going.  I sold mine at 16.48.  I couldn't tell if the 16.50 top back in May of 2006 is for real.  I'm thinking not since KRSL still wants to run.  I was thinking with that type of earnings growth this one might double.

nica33

Quote from: prodigykid6 on February 14, 2007, 11:43:43 AM
Quote from: nica33 on February 14, 2007, 11:39:57 AM
CYCR.ob

I like the insider purchases but its a biotech. Maybe David will check it out.

It's in the medical appliances and equipment industry. Actually the news are related with some tools  and tests to detect early stages of some types of cancer
Keep it simple !!

David Randolph

Quote from: kpusan63 on February 14, 2007, 09:45:20 AM
MCZ

The short term trend is bullish, and perhaps today's gap up will be a breakaway gap. But the stock is losing momentum throughout the session, since it is below the opening level.

Fundamentally:

- Market cap is $39.6 M. Designs, manufactures, markets and distributes video game accessories.
- Balance sheet is somewhat weak, because the current ratio is just 1.2.
- There's no revenue trend, but annual revenues are much higher than the market cap, so if the company turns profitable ...

• Mad Catz Reports Fiscal 2007 Third Quarter Basic and Diluted EPS of $0.07
Business Wire (Tue 4:00pm)

Revenues declined 3.8%, but that wasn't the problem with the company. The problem was that it wasn't profitable. Well, it is now.

I see MCZ going higher over time, too cheap to handle at current levels.

BadOscar

David I was thinking it would be nice on the stocks coverd list if you would start putting your overall sentiment after the symbol. Something simple like Bull Bear, or Neutral. What do you think?

TraderStar

Does anyone have a suggestion for a stock under $3 for my daughter's IRA .. I prefer ones that can be held 6 mos to a year or more & of course with great fundies and growth potential  :)  Would ETLT be a good candidate or is it more for a shorter term trade?  Thanks

tokyopua

FALC broke an ascending triangle to the upside just now, looking good....
Chance favors the prepared mind

Stocky2000

hi david

LBTS is on fire...

ket

boatguy


kslifka

Quote from: boatguy on February 14, 2007, 12:32:30 PM
NGA is on fire ;D

Earnings look great.

North American Galvanizing & Coatings, Inc. (Amex: NGA - News) reported today quarterly net income of $1,006,000, or $.12 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2006 compared to quarterly net income of $254,000 or $.03 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2005. For the year ended December 31, 2006, the company's net income was $4,535,000 or $.60 per basic share and $.58 per diluted share, compared to net income of $644,000 or $.08 per diluted share for 2005. The increase in net income is primarily a result of the increase in sales volume and average selling prices.

cramercramer

XIDE/XIDEW/ forming a new uptrend.

I am really" in love" with this stock.

David Randolph

Quote from: dnickers on February 14, 2007, 10:13:38 AM
Hi David - Can you check out JRJC?

Thanks!

Technically the trend is positive and volume has been above average lately, as you can check on the chart below.

Fundamentally:

- Market cap is $134 M. The Company specializes in providing online financial and listed company data and information in China.
- Balance sheet is awesome, with $41.6 M in cash and just $3.69 M in total liabilities.
- Revenue trend was very positive until 2006, because this year's revenues for the first nine months of the year are declining 15% from the 2005 levels. The revenue multiple is way high, at 20.
- The company is profitable. For the nine months reported in 2006 the company achieved EPS of $0.05, down from $0.17 over the first 9 months of 2005.

I think the catalyst moving the shares lately was an SEC file published on February 7, saying International Data Group, Inc., an investment fund, has revealed ownership of about 20% of JRJC shares traded in Hong Kong.

The balance sheet is truly impressive, but the company needs to raise those revenues and profits to be valued even higher, a 20 times revenue multiple is too high for my stomach. I love the business, though.

I'm neutral on JRJC, interesting stock ...

boatguy

#28
In @ 5.5 NGA

Sold HGR-

picked upn TWTR also :)

David Randolph

Quote from: BadOscar on February 14, 2007, 12:13:36 PM
David I was thinking it would be nice on the stocks coverd list if you would start putting your overall sentiment after the symbol. Something simple like Bull Bear, or Neutral. What do you think?

Yes, that would be great. I'll think about a way of doing that over the weekend, thanks for the suggestion :)