3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Today is strategy day

Started by David Randolph, February 15, 2007, 09:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraderStar

David (and others) if you prefer Firefox to MSIE (and who doesn't?) try using Maxthon, http://www.maxthon.com which does everything MSIE does and more without the security problems and taking up less resources.  I have never had a problem accessing sites with Maxthon and the tabs are great :) :)

nica33

Quote from: bungee01 on February 15, 2007, 02:08:18 PM
The "Deluxe Stock Screener" link only shows up for me when I use IE browser.  It doesn't show in Firefox, so that s/w may only be available for use in IE.

Yes,  I have firefox and It doesn't show it.
Keep it simple !!

nullzero

#107
Msn money has the best tools and info of all the other market portal sites. The only slight downside is its a little more confusing to navigate compared to yahoo and the others. Now its time to come up with some creative screener settings for the MSN deluxe screener. If you use this to find a sector or a group of stocks with good fundamentals, can then go into further analysis with a indepth TA of each stock.

David Randolph

QuoteYes, I sold it.  The OTCBB stocks scare me. Look PMED for example, another big fall. I'm starting to learn a little about them from you.  Now, I only have CPNE.ob.

Yep PMED had a second leg rally but it didn't took it so high as the first. I hope rickjust and ... I can't recall his name, sorry, sold it.

And CPNE.OB looks to be the best, although some people are doubtful that their service is worth anything. My take is, there are many services outthere that aren't good, but because of the specific way they sell, they're worth a lot for investors.

It's just the way things work. For example, IIG sells a software that is practically worthless (because you can download a similar software free from the internet), for $6,000 a piece and the market rewards the company with a $256 M market cap, because the fact is, they sell it and reap great profits. 

TraderStar

Quote from: nullzero on February 15, 2007, 02:29:07 PM
Msn money has the best tools and info of all the other market portal sites. The only slight downside is its a little more confusing to navigate .

Wow .. who would have believed anything microsoft-related could produce something so useful  ;D? ?  MSN drove me crazy in the early days of the internet as their site has always been the poster-child for "confusion" ... so I never would have though of looking there for valuable invester tools.  Thanks again :)

nica33

Quote from: nullzero on February 15, 2007, 02:29:07 PM
Msn money has the best tools and info of all the other market portal sites. The only slight downside is its a little more confusing to navigate compared to yahoo and the others. Now its time to come up with some creative screener settings for the MSN deluxe screener. If you use this to find a sector or a group of stocks with good fundamentals, can then go into further analysis with a indepth TA of each stock.

The only thing that I don't like is the graphs.  They're very flat
Keep it simple !!

David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on February 15, 2007, 02:29:07 PM
Msn money has the best tools and info of all the other market portal sites. The only slight downside is its a little more confusing to navigate compared to yahoo and the others. Now its time to come up with some creative screener settings for the MSN deluxe screener. If you use this to find a sector or a group of stocks with good fundamentals, can then go into further analysis with a indepth TA of each stock.

Yep, this tool must be explored in all its senses. But not today, not by me. Have to go to my mother-in-law birthday party. But I'll leave this open until 4:30 or so ...

See ya, thanks for your participation, great stuff today :)

nullzero

Yes I have to agree the graphs are not great. I use stockcharts.com and scottrade elite for my graphs so thats not a problem. Im trying to work on a filter fitting david's fundamental tips right now. Only problem is im trying to find out what fundamental filters in combination to use to identify dilution.

nica33

#113
Quote from: David Randolph on February 15, 2007, 02:12:04 PM
QuoteDavid do you use Internet explorer? This site is from Microsoft.  Maybe if you're using other it could be no compatible

Right on nica !

I use Firefox, that's why I had no link. With IE it works perfectly. Thanks a lot!

As a female trader, you remind me of Linda Bradford Raschke, have you ever heard of her? Do you trade for a living or for a hobby? In which country do you live? I'm curious :)

No I don't know her.  Who is?  I'm from Colombia (Shakira's country  ;D ), but I live in USA.  Someday I'll trade for a living, not yet. I'm just a stay at home mom taking care of my 3 years old son.  I use my time to prepare the meals, do the chores, stay with my baby, post in 3SOF and make some trades  ;D  ;D  ;D
Keep it simple !!

ravenquork

Quote from: TraderStar on February 15, 2007, 01:13:31 PM
I am settting up nica's criteria in the scanner and am stuck with this:

Screening parameter: Return on Assets Increased Since <In the Last Year>

I see Return on assets for the first box, >= for the second box, but what do I put in the third box? (<in the last year>)



Did any 0ne figure this out?

nullzero

Quote from: ravenquork on February 15, 2007, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: TraderStar on February 15, 2007, 01:13:31 PM
I am settting up nica's criteria in the scanner and am stuck with this:

Screening parameter: Return on Assets Increased Since <In the Last Year>

I see Return on assets for the first box, >= for the second box, but what do I put in the third box? (<in the last year>)



Did any 0ne figure this out?

Its located under Advisor FYI

realcoolhead

David, you know I only concentrate on the main portfolio. But I still visit here from time to time just to see what you got to say  :D

That "pump" on IBCX.PK almost shattered my confidence on you ... at that time I could feel you were really mad and wanted to do something to make the stock go up, whatever way you could. As you said, it wasn't so bad since you didn't do it for your own benefit, rather for the people who followed you and after that you swore that you wouldn't touch .PK stocks anymore. I am actually glad that it did not work. That wouldn't do any good towards your stated long-term goal when you turn 35.  ;)

On the other hand, just as I said to you in the private message, this is THE most honest stock-picking service I have ever encounted. I have tried lots of other services, none of them really worked. Many of them use dishonest ways to calculate returns to make it look exceptionally good. Two examples come to my mind: one is Gorilla Trade, the one placed an entire AD page on IBD, basically their triggering price is set up so that if it worked, it is counted in the result; and if it didn't work, it is discarded... the other one is even funnier: I am talking about Bull Trade, if you look at their web site, the result is unbelievably good, yet here is how they calculate result: first of all, they can average down a position as many as 4 times, then when they average down the 2nd time, they calculate by ((A+B)/2+C)/2, not (A+B+C)/3! Similar if they need to do the 3rd time. When I email them, they say it is equal-share average, not equal-dollar average  ??? And finally, when they calculate final result, they do an equal-weight arithmetic average, no matter how many times a position has been averaged down!!!

Anyway, I have a bit of free time today so I wrote the above. Probably not much valuable information but just want to say how fortunate we are here to have David.  ;D He deserves not just 140 subscribers but 1000 ones! I hope he can reach that goal soon.  :D


Quote from: David Randolph on February 15, 2007, 01:16:44 PM

The stock was IBCX.PK and it happened, it fell from $0.0070 to $0.0001 in a couple of months. Everybody in the Premium service knows the story. It was a bit of a shame, but since I told people I was selling it wasn't so bad ...


ravenquork

Quote from: nullzero on February 15, 2007, 03:21:29 PM
Quote from: ravenquork on February 15, 2007, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: TraderStar on February 15, 2007, 01:13:31 PM
I am settting up nica's criteria in the scanner and am stuck with this:

Screening parameter: Return on Assets Increased Since <In the Last Year>

I see Return on assets for the first box, >= for the second box, but what do I put in the third box? (<in the last year>)



Did any 0ne figure this out?

Its located under Advisor FYI

Thank You

BadOscar

Messing with some formulas. Here 2 that combined will put you between the 61.8 and 50% fibon

Last Price >=  52-Week High-(52-Week High-52-Week Low)*0.618
Last Price <=  52-Week High-(52-Week High-52-Week Low)*0.5

WallStreetnBio

Dave, I dont know if your still looking at SILC for the main but the technicals are starting to look more attractive. I'm going to buy on any weakness tomorrow.
#1  CDS
#2  XING