3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/20/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 20, 2007, 08:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nica33

#30
Hi David!!  i would like to know your toughts for CSUH.ob.  There is not a lot of information about it but I think the product could be interesting.  They offer a calorie burning soda.

Thanks for your great work.  Everyday I learn a lot from you and from the 3SOF community  :)
Keep it simple !!

Se7en

Last week David briefly explained in 5 steps how to make a fundamental analysis of a company!? Anybody knows where I can find it? thx
Així és la Catalunya, així és el Barça! Mès que un club!!!

tokyopua

Quote from: David Randolph on February 20, 2007, 11:42:02 AM
SEC file just out for CPNE.OB showing JLF Asset Management is holding 3,037,500 shares, or 6.42% of the company (this means a share count of 47,313,084, roughly equal to the Q3 share count number, so there's no dilution at all).

Maybe this is part of why the stock is back up today to about the levels it was prior to Valentines day when the supposed "dillution" happened.  All those investors who mistakenly thought it was dillution bailed, but now there is definitive news out showing it wasnt dillution.  This is where it pays to know the rules and hold through the market reactions.  Glad I added to my position during all that noise ;)
Chance favors the prepared mind

David Randolph

#33
Quote from: njshiva on February 20, 2007, 09:55:54 AM
David,  can you look into ACY when you get a chance.

What an incredible bull run njshiva, I hope you're holding ACY :)

Fundamentally:

- Market cap is $28.47 M. The Company is engaged in the business of investing in used regional aircraft equipment leased to foreign and domestic regional air carriers
- The share count remained absolutely the same since 1997, needless to say I like that
- Balance sheet looks ok
- Revenue trend is positive. They reported 2006 revenue of $18 M, so the Price to Sales Ratio is 1.55 now.
- They reported $0.62 EPS for the full year 2006, and that puts the trailing earnings multiple at 29.5. But, 4th quarter EPS was $0.35, and if we multiply this by four we get to a full year EPS of $1.4 and that means a forward earnings multiple of 13, which can be considered cheap. The problem is Q4 revenues were lower than Q4 2005.

ACY had the most amazing bull run, from $5.5 to the current $18.5, in just three and a half months. I believe it is fully valued now.

I don't know if this business model has all that much space to grow ... amazing run so far (and today too), congrats njshiva :)


2bun

GM David,could you look at WGAT for me? Have you noticed TBUS from last week?That thing just does'nt seem to want to stop.Ha Ha!Plus dddc seeems to be getting stonger. Thanks

David Randolph

PFSW is breaking out above the inverted H&S pattern, let's see if it holds.

David Randolph

Quote from: stockslover on February 20, 2007, 12:29:18 PM
You can see it here Se7en:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=8945.msg88689#msg88689

Today I have my wife helping :-* (because today is a national holiday in Portugal (answering TraderStar's question the other day), so everybody is home - I just had to go play a Playstation motocross game with my 4 year old son ;D)

nica33

Quote from: David Randolph on February 20, 2007, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: stockslover on February 20, 2007, 12:29:18 PM
You can see it here Se7en:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=8945.msg88689#msg88689

Today I have my wife helping :-* (because today is a national holiday in Portugal (answering TraderStar's question the other day), so everybody is home - I just had to go play a Playstation motocross game with my 4 year old son ;D)

How many kids do you have David?  I have one, he'll be 3 next sunday 
Keep it simple !!

2bun

Sounds like you're haveing some fun there David! I have 3 kids,the youngest just turned 16,OMG. Definately take the time to do as much as you can with them,cause they grow up way to quick!!

David Randolph

Quote from: kpusan63 on February 20, 2007, 10:06:43 AM
Good Morning

NTTL is on fire still holding @ .42 ;D

Absolutely kpusan63, great pick :)

Here's my take on it the other day:

«NTTL.OB is enjoying a nice bull run in 2007. The chart is bullish. But volume is still low, just $178 K, I'm surprised you're surprised this wasn't covered yet :)

We covered just a bit more than 200 stocks so far, but there are what, 7,000 small caps out there? Still a long, long way to go to know them all ... but I have time, in fact, all the time in the world.

Brief fundamental study of NTTL.OB:

- Market cap is $16 M. The Company develops telecommunications software as well as a web security and financial software packages. The Company is a telephony company in the exploding VoIP industry.

"Exploding VoIP industry" probably means financials are lousy ... let's see, the balance sheet, yep, negative working capital of ($488 K).

Revenues were declining to almost zero (I bet they changed the business model), but had a big jump in Q3 2006, to $2.6 M.

Ok, despite the weak balance sheet I guess NTTL.OB is involved in several businesses that have huge potential, like the AVOP and the www.tougi.com.

The market cap doesn't look too high at about $16 M and the chart is awesome.

I would say NTTL.OB is a nice catch, good luck :)»

There's another stock outthere, which is CVDT.OB, that looks more or less involved in the same business as NTTL.OB, but CVDT.OB is valued at 10 times more or so. It could be interesting to compare the two companies.

NTTL.OB needs substance. Do you know of any "substance" out lately? Thanks :)

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on February 20, 2007, 12:47:09 PM
Quote from: David Randolph on February 20, 2007, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: stockslover on February 20, 2007, 12:29:18 PM
You can see it here Se7en:
http://www.3stocksonfire.org/trading/index.php?topic=8945.msg88689#msg88689

Today I have my wife helping :-* (because today is a national holiday in Portugal (answering TraderStar's question the other day), so everybody is home - I just had to go play a Playstation motocross game with my 4 year old son ;D)

How many kids do you have David?  I have one, he'll be 3 next sunday 

Great age nica33 :)

I have two, Lucas, who is still three (he'll be 4 next month) and Leonor, which is 6 months old :)

Quote from: 2bun on February 20, 2007, 12:53:48 PM
Sounds like you're haveing some fun there David! I have 3 kids,the youngest just turned 16,OMG. Definately take the time to do as much as you can with them,cause they grow up way to quick!!

Thanks for the advice 2bun. You have a big family, you must be proud.

David Randolph

Quote from: spiritgate on February 20, 2007, 10:12:52 AM
How about ZERO.OB

Hi spiritgate :)

Technically ZERO.OB looks like it is going to zero, since the trend is quite bearish on low volume.

Fundamentally:

- Market cap is $32 M. A development stage company focus is on research and development of proprietary devices that are designed to reduce harmful emissions, and improve fuel efficiency and engine performance on equipment and vehicles driven by internal combustion engines.
- Balance sheet is horrible, with negative working capital and just $433 K in cash
- Revenues were $0 since inception
- The company has been losing between $2 M and $3 M a quarter.

Spiritgate, I'm sorry, but this stock is just awful, I think it will dilute shareholder's value all the way down. I think you have a good shot at a 90% decline in 2007 here.

Can be wrong, though ...

2bun

I have an awsome family David,sometimes i have to pinch myself cause i think I'm dreamin !! Ha HA,but seriously the best advice I ever got about raiseing kids is to treat them like you would your best friends,cause inevitably they will be!

tokyopua

CPNE looking ready to break out of a cup formation on the 3 minute chart, if that happens its gonna be a fun day!!! >:D
Chance favors the prepared mind