3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/21/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 21, 2007, 09:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njshiva

#15
David, thanks for analysis on ACY yesterday. Its up another  13%.
I got a very small position though at 15 bucks.

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on February 21, 2007, 10:39:09 AM
David, do you have JADE ?

No nica33 :(

There are three stocks outthere where I've written very bullish comments, which were JADE, CECE and NTTL.OB, but didn't buy any. Even today I wrote on the Premium area that CECE was a great candidate for the Main Portfolio, but I didn't have time to cover it more deeply, and bumm, up 10% today!

Still, I can't complain, results have been great with the current holdings! (one that I covered here and indeed bought was MCZ)

nica33

David,

Could you check CYD please?

Obrigado   ;)
Keep it simple !!

dcrlin

Quote

I learned English ... well, mostly here, at www.3stocksonfire.org, and reading thousands of news, magazines and company reports. I wasn't particularly good at English at school, my speciality was mathematics. But, you know, English is the easiest language in the world :) (I just had to consult the dictionary to write this lol)

My real name is César José Mendonça de Freitas Borja. But I trade and feel like David Randolph ;)

David,

My husband likes math very much: algebra, calculus, matrix algebra, vector calculus, numerical analysis.  His name is David Randolph.  He has never met with anyone from Portugal, but he has several friends from Bazil when he was younger.

I am very happy when I am with both online David Randolph and offline David Randolph. :o

English is my second language, too.

dcrlin

David Randolph

Quote from: nica33 on February 21, 2007, 10:06:10 AM
Hi David, I asked yesterday for VDSI. Thanks!

When I knew a lot less about stocks than I do now I was short VDSI, and paid 5% or so for my ignorance :D

Technically the stock is extremely bullish, after yesterday's long and white marubozu.

Fundamentally:


  • Market cap is $670 M

Hold it right there! The limit is $500 M market cap, as you know or can read on the 3 SOF Portfolio FAQ

There's a place to request analysis for companies with more than $500 M market cap, but I guess you would have to be a Premium member to do that (sorry ;D)

Maybe someday you will be, we could use a member with your level of expertize ... (or expertise? English is not so easy)

rudynostalgia

I just got back into JADE. It's a forest fire. I was in and out last week for a few points and I'm already up 6% in a matter of minutes. 

nica33

Quote from: David Randolph on February 21, 2007, 12:11:51 PM
Quote from: nica33 on February 21, 2007, 10:06:10 AM
Hi David, I asked yesterday for VDSI. Thanks!

When I knew a lot less about stocks than I do now I was short VDSI, and paid 5% or so for my ignorance :D

Technically the stock is extremely bullish, after yesterday's long and white marubozu.

Fundamentally:


  • Market cap is $670 M

Hold it right there! The limit is $500 M market cap, as you know or can read on the 3 SOF Portfolio FAQ

There's a place to request analysis for companies with more than $500 M market cap, but I guess you would have to be a Premium member to do that (sorry ;D)

Maybe someday you will be, we could use a member with your level of expertize ... (or expertise? English is not so easy)

;D  ;D  ;D.  You're right.  I didn't see the market cap before post.  Thanks for the replay and for the invitation   :)
Keep it simple !!

TraderStar

Quote from: David Randolph on February 21, 2007, 12:11:51 PM


Maybe someday you will be, we could use a member with your level of expertize ... (or expertise? English is not so easy)

Expertise.  English not easy?  It's a snap if you start at 6 months old  ;D ;D

I lived in Europe for 22 years and speak German, Italian, Spanish and some French.
I was always glad that I was a native english speaker as I would hate to have to learn it as a foreign language!! Especially the spelling and all the idioms  >:D
However .. the worst language to learn, I think, has got to be Japanese.  I spent 7 months there last year ... loved it .. but I have never lived in a place so long and studied so much yet earned so little of the language.  It is truly psychotic.  :o
Luckily we are not typing in Japanese with 2000 kanji characters and 4 alphabets!!

David Randolph

Quote from: 2bun on February 21, 2007, 10:20:48 AM
GM David,could you have a look at PXLW,it had pop on news this morning.Thanks

Technically the current rally looks like a rebound in a bearish trend 2bun. The stock was so oversold on the long term chart that was due for a bounce. Let's make some fundamental tests and check today's news:


  • Market cap is $112 M. Designer, developer and marketer of semiconductors and software for the advanced display industry, including advanced televisions, multimedia projectors, digital streaming media devices and liquid crystal display panels.
  • Not all that much dilution since 2002
  • Current ratio is healthy at 3.84, the problem is long term debt is $140 M and that puts book value at just $21 M
  • Revenue trend has been declining since 2004. Sold $133 M in 2006
  • Jesus, the company lost ($204 M) in 2006 (but ok, most of it was due to a tax event, normalized income was ($63 M), still, a huge loss. Lost ($15 M) in Q4 2006

Today's news were:

• Pixelworks Announces Design Win with Samsung for New 'Bluejay' Co-Processor IC for Slim CRT Televisions
Business Wire (Tue 4:05pm)

No doubt it is good news, but ... is it enough to turn financials around? Hard to know. This isn't the type of thing I go after, you know?

Sure, it can go up a lot. And it can just keep going down anyway, as the company is unable to show a profit and starts eroding that cash rich balance sheet.

I'm neutral on PXLW, good luck :)

BigSully1

David, how about HURC? requested yesterday. THNX

TraderStar

DDDC might be worth keeping an eye on .. seems to meet most of our criteria.

David Randolph

QuoteHowever .. the worst language to learn, I think, has got to be Japanese.  I spent 7 months there last year ... loved it .. but I have never lived in a place so long and studied so much yet earned so little of the language.  It is truly psychotic.  :o
Luckily we are not typing in Japanese with 2000 kanji characters and 4 alphabets!!

You've lived everywhere TraderStar, that's a good thing, you probably have a truly open mind (which is needed if one wants to learn something).

I wonder if Tokyopua learned Japanese, if I recall correctly he lived there for 2 years or so (but he's an American).

nullzero

PLRS has been on fire for the last 6 days or so.

2bun

SYNX is active today,same sector as TBUS.Good one to keep an eye on imo Increaseing volume and pps@ 2.19 now

bjc

XIDE not on fire, but it looks like the chart could be about ready to rock again.  I haven't checked into the fundamentals enough.

MACD could use a bounce soon, but damn...what a pretty chart.


SILC chart also looks attractive, but not on fire yet.  Also, volume has tapered off big time.  Under 20k traded so far today..bummer.