3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/23/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 23, 2007, 09:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Good morning :)

As you probably know I'm holding ETLT.OB, PFSW and TRMM at the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio.

ETLT.OB is performing as expected, and I think it will probably run towards $1 and break that level on the upside, because fundamentals are just too attractive, as you can read on my previous comments to that stock on the Stocks Covered List.

PFSW is a slow motion mover, and although I believe the stock has a lot of potential, maybe not the best performer I could think of for the 3 Stocks on Fire Portfolio. Anyway, I'm not prepared to dump it right away, since it just triggered an inverted head and shoulders technical pattern that should take it as high as $1.45 for the short term.

TRMM's trade is based on the chart, that looks great for a big white candle, but also due to a fundamental evaluation of the assets that tells me each share is worth north of $6. Again, you can find that analysis on the Stocks Covered list, under "T", as TRMM was previously owned and discussed a lot on this message board.

I'm available to cover some stocks on your suggestion. However, I still need to update the Stocks Covered List with the previous two days analysis (can't let that thing pile). I wonder if Ramsburg won't come up with a easier way to do that list and the ratings that could be a great help.

I also informed him of the site being slow at high traffic times, and today he'll be controlling the server looking for what's wrong.

It's nice to be back here one day after another, I feel I'm learning a lot and we're building something of great value here. Thanks for your participation :)

kslifka

AESK.ob  Market cap 20million.

kpunarc

"October is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February."
- Mark Twain

nullzero

TBSI and what do you think of the dry bulk shippers in general?

kpunarc

AOI

Avg Vol (3m):   774,948
Market Cap:   805.51M

BUSINESS SUMMARY   
Alliance One International, Inc. engages in the purchase, process, store, and sale of leaf tobacco in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. It primarily offers flue-cured, burley, and oriental tobaccos that are used in international branded cigarettes. The company offers its products to the manufacturers of cigarettes and other consumer tobacco products. The company was founded in 1904 and is headquartered in Morrisville, North Carolina.
"October is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February."
- Mark Twain

magu

Hi David, could you please take a look at NICH?good earnings .
thanks

kpunarc

"LTS"

Avg Vol (3m):   828,397
Market Cap:   501.41M
Diluted EPS (ttm):   0.03


BUSINESS SUMMARY   
Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services, Inc., through its subsidiary, Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc., engages in the retail and institutional securities brokerage, investment banking services, and investment activities. Its corporate finance and investment banking services include underwriting of public equity offerings; merger, acquisition, and divestiture advisory services; corporate restructuring services; placement of private debt and equity offerings; rendering fairness opinions financial valuations; and providing general investment banking and corporate finance consulting services. The company also provides a range of wealth management services, including portfolio management and financial planning, access to money managers, and investment funds. Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services provides its services principally for middle market and emerging growth companies, and high net-worth individuals through a coordinated effort among corporate finance, capital markets, investment management, brokerage, and trading professionals. The company was founded in 1876 and is based in New York City.
"October is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February."
- Mark Twain

tokyopua

Chance favors the prepared mind

nica33

Good morning David.  I would like to know your opinion for JADE.  they finish 2006 with 45 stores and by december 2007 their plans are to open 100 more.  The last year earnings were 34 cents.  How much could be with those new stores?

Thanks
Keep it simple !!

colorado-cece

Good morning David from sunny Colorado (at least before another snow hits!)

I am new to your SOF board, and have been studying and learning so much.  David, you are such an asset to people like me just starting out. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and helping us to grow.

Some advise requested.  Before discovering your site, my first attempts at trading have tanked, and I didn't know enough to get out early.  My 3 stocks have lost about 50% (I know, you seasoned traders are shaking your heads).  Is it better now to just hold on to them hoping some day to recoup some losses, or just take what little is left?  Believe me, I will now watch and learn from the great people on these boards and not make the same mistakes.

Also, I'd like to know your thoughts on UQM.

nullzero

Nice move for MSI! Volume is kicking in and its starting to break out of its channel.

lancefur

Quote from: tokyopua on February 23, 2007, 09:47:01 AM
Quote from: kslifka on February 23, 2007, 09:38:51 AM
AESK.ob  Market cap 20million.

Wow, I am in, thanks!
Scottrade isn't allowing this to be placed via the web or scottrade elite.  >:(
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

nullzero

I skipped over aesk after seeing its business was a skiing lodge. I dont think it has much more room to run.

tokyopua

Quote from: tokyopua on February 23, 2007, 09:47:01 AM
Quote from: kslifka on February 23, 2007, 09:38:51 AM
AESK.ob  Market cap 20million.

Wow, I am in, thanks!

David, if a 20M market cap sells land for 80M, does that go to the bottom line?  I bought thinking/hoping it does...
Chance favors the prepared mind

lancefur

Quote from: nullzero on February 23, 2007, 09:57:21 AM
I skipped over aesk after seeing its business was a skiing lodge. I dont think it has much more room to run.
I won't feel so bad then. Hate to see not getting in on a stock running up 50% already. Anyone know why Scottrade Elite doesn't allow for Pink Sheet to be traded or would one think it is just this one?
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!