3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

IONA

Started by calven, February 23, 2007, 10:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calven

Doesn't get any better than this from a technical standpoint!  ;D

I will be buying at $5.80 on monday.
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Ares

Nice Weekly Chart.
Above 50ma and 200ma
Tight Bollinger Band being broken by increased volume.
Fresh cross on MACD,Histogram, and Stochastics.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#2
Just received a newsletter from StockScores(another school of thougt that I like) recommending IONA.
This thing could fly.
Here's a clip from the newsletter.

1. IONA
IONA is breaking from an ascending triangle pattern through resistance at $5.65 with strong volume support. Support at $5.15 that needs to hold up if the stock is to stay healthy.













 
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

calven

This is probably my #1 technical setup at the moment... Interesting to see how this reacts this week - hoping to get in monday at 5.80ish - covering this under my personal log thread also
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Ares

Sorry Calven,

I missed to mention that 5.70 previous resistance as support.
Entries:
6.05 breakout
5.70 support
5.48 support
5.15 support

I was just wondering how you came up with 5.80.
Did you use the Fibonacci retracement or just estimating it?

Ares
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#5
Caught a ride with a block trade at 5.96
So far, the 6.05 support (previous resistance) seem to be holding
Hourly chart just made a higher high.
I wonder what price the "tickle " point is at.
Shorts may have to cover.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

calven

Im still waiting for an entry at the midpoint of the white bodied candle 5.75-5.80
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Ares

#7
Today?

So far as of 10:34am ET:

Hourly 50ma =  5.70
15 minute 50ma = 5.90
previous day's high = 6.05

The way I see it is, before the price could go down to 5.80, it has to break these supports:
6.20,6.05,and 5.90.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

Out at 6.08
I don't like that block that sold to the bid.
You may get your entry today Calven.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#9
I may have just been shaken out.
I just came back from taking my son to school.
I had to close my position because I can't stare at the time and sales. ;)
Previous hour's high: 6.13
Previous hour's low: 6.04

I'm watching 6.13 as most recent resistance.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

calven

Quote from: Ares on February 26, 2007, 12:24:42 PM
I may have just been shaken out.
I just came back from taking my son to school.
I had to close my position because I can't stare at the time and sales.
Previous hour's high: 6.13
Previous hour's low: 6.04

I'm watching 6.13 as most recent resistance.

Unless you are daytrading this there is no reason to get in over $6.00 - IONA will move down below $6.00 in coming days and touch the 5.70 support line... Im looking for an entry of $5.75-$5.80 - If it doesn't get in my buy range I won't take the trade.... ;)

My quote says "buy the breakouts - sell the breakdowns" Here we are in effect "buying the breakout" (on the retrace) which is optimal and has a positive EV considering we missed the first break over 5.70...

Patience my friend  ;D

-calven
StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Ares

Thanks Calven,
You finally responded.
I agree with you.
The optimal entry for swing traders and long term holders would be close to the breakout point, which is 5.75 to 5.80.
I just wasn't sure if you daytrade or not.

Ares
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

Ares

#12
I'm calling it a day.
I just caught myself sittng through the "idle hours" again.
I need to get a haircut.
Good luck trading everybody.
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.

calven

StockGravity.com - The Forces that Move Stocks!
http://www.stockgravity.com

Ares

Hi Calven,

Your patience is starting to be paid.
I'm tempted to get in as a daytrade here but the volume is still below 100,000.
Hard for me to get in and out.
Long term, the chart's looking nice,

Ares
Go in with upside momentum or wait for stock to tank and buy close to support.