3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 02/27/2007

Started by David Randolph, February 27, 2007, 09:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which stocks should I study today?

JMBA
1 (3.4%)
IPT
3 (10.3%)
ANGN
2 (6.9%)
PTCH
5 (17.2%)
WZEN
1 (3.4%)
BRCD
9 (31%)
JAKK
2 (6.9%)
DSL.OB
3 (10.3%)
ACKH
1 (3.4%)
JADE
10 (34.5%)
AOB
8 (27.6%)
GIGM
16 (55.2%)
SPWR
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

kslifka

How about DLSL.ob.  Not on fire today....but small solar company with actual profits and little debt.

kpusan

ACKH recen t news regarding a lawsuit settlement .. already up 80% today

nullzero

Nice buying windows for JADE, AOB, and GIGM. The chinese stock correction scared weak hands out.

Jim897

How about SPWR?  It is a solar play, but it is profitable with rising EPS.

nica33

Quote from: David Randolph on February 27, 2007, 10:19:56 AM
So far we have just 7 stocks for the poll, that way they will all be winners :)

I guess you're too busy looking at quotes ... did you know that Warren Buffet never looks at intraday quotes, that he doesn't even have a quotation system in his office?

I wouldn't mind using this opportunity to buy something like GIGM, though.

Good luck :)

In the same way Nicholas Darvas made his 2 million in the market back in the fifties. But I have not been able to trade in that manner. No yet
Keep it simple !!

nullzero

Was a great buying oppertunity for EXM this morning. Was down 7% or so and now only down -2%.

bourbonstreet_crawdaddy

Hello David,

I hope that you are having a fantastic day where you are. I would like to hear your thoughts on the upside potential for OPBL.ob and ACY. Do you believe that the opportunity exists for these stocks to double from where they are at today?

Thanks so much for your input, and great move on selling CPNE.ob when you did. I am confident that the stock will be at new highs within the next couple of months, and the current selloff will look like a small blip in retrospect. What a great buying opportunity we have today!

Take Care,

Bourbon   ;D

ScottishTrader

Hi David,

too true, I think everyone is glued to their ticker screens (I know I am!!)  Is it too late to include OMNI??  Made a nice breakout above key resistance yesterday, but has since come back down with the rest of the market.  Still looks strong right now though

cheers,

ST

David Randolph

#23
Hi Bourbon :)

I don't know about OPBL.OB, because that is already a $427 M market cap company, but I like ACY, a $23 M market cap showing revenue and EPS growth.

I agree with you on CPNE.OB, but I'm not absolutely confident that will be the long term outcome. My hands aren't as strong on the stock as they used to be. I'm holding it on the Main, though, bought that position at $2.30, so around my entry level.

You should have posted before 10:30 am ET to figure on the poll, but it's ok, this time will pass ;D

nullzero

David whats your thoughts on JMBA? (I dont think JMBA is going to win the poll and its under 500mill cap so I cant post under the members area) I love the their drinks and personally go there all the time. They are well established in Southern California and have a following like starbucks but for healthy smoothies and drinks.

David Randolph

Quote from: ScottishTrader on February 27, 2007, 10:55:22 AM
Hi David,

too true, I think everyone is glued to their ticker screens (I know I am!!)  Is it too late to include OMNI??  Made a nice breakout above key resistance yesterday, but has since come back down with the rest of the market.  Still looks strong right now though

cheers,

ST

Yep, too late ST, sorry for that, I need to start working on the 10 winners of today (I want to have dinner with family today :)). Please ask for that one again tomorrow before 10:30 am ET.

Thanks and good luck :)

David Randolph

Quote from: nullzero on February 27, 2007, 11:01:03 AM
David whats your thoughts on JMBA? (I dont think JMBA is going to win the poll and its under 500mill cap so I cant post under the members area) I love the their drinks and personally go there all the time. They are well established in Southern California and have a following like starbucks but for healthy smoothies and drinks.

Please ask for this one again tomorrow nullzero, it seems interesting. If you have nothing better to do you could spend some time investigating how come it shows $0 in quarterly revenues, while EPS is quite positive (I guess it is because this is a ... how do we call that type of companies, a ... one of those that are valued at the net asset value per share ... ah, a portfolio company!)

David Randolph

#27
The 10 winners of today's poll, by the following order, were:

1 - GIGM
2 - JADE
3 - BRCD
4 - AOB
5 - PTCH
6 - SPWR
7 - DLSL.OB
8 - IP
9 - ANGN
10 - JAKK

Thanks :)

nullzero

#28
Here is a nice article done by fool.com on JMBA.

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2007/02/09/i-love-jamba-juice.aspx?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y

Here is the link to their offical site.

http://www.jambajuice.com/

A little profile of JMBA.

Jamba, Inc. was formed as a result of the merger between Services Acquisition Corp. International and Jamba Juice Company. Jamba Juice Company is a leader in healthy blended beverages, juices and good-for-you snacks. Founded in 1990 in California, today Jamba Juice Company has more than 595 company and franchised stores in 23 states nationwide with approximately 8,500 team members.

Guloso

Just a small note about JAKK.  It was on fire yesterday and I the fundamentals are good. Also had good news yesterday.