3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 03/15/2007

Started by David Randolph, March 15, 2007, 09:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Besides CHINA, which two stocks to cover today?

CSH
1 (7.7%)
FSLR
3 (23.1%)
SFE
1 (7.7%)
SLP
1 (7.7%)
OFI
4 (30.8%)
XING
5 (38.5%)
LEND
1 (7.7%)
PCU
0 (0%)
SLV
1 (7.7%)
EEM
0 (0%)
FXI
2 (15.4%)
CHL
2 (15.4%)
FMCN
1 (7.7%)
HMIN
1 (7.7%)
HOKU
2 (15.4%)
SOLF
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

WallStreetnBio

Quote from: HomeBound on March 15, 2007, 10:14:46 AM
Prodigykid, I would not hope for 45 any time sun. 37-38 range would be nice for short/put entry again. LEND is fast approaching put entry again.
Good luck

ohh i agree its not going to 45 i just bought calls based on it going up a dollar today and tomorrow. at what point would you short LEND again? it looks like the squeeze may be about over soon.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

nullzero

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 15, 2007, 10:04:55 AM
I sold my CFC puts at the open and bought some calls. There are a ton of shorts on CFC and Fast Money said it was a buy so I expect it to squeeze hard at least 10%. The risk doctor said if it goes up a dollar it could jump to 45 real quick and I think he is right. I'll be back short after the squeeze is over.

Im holding im, this short squeeze is going to turn into a long blood bath quicker then you can blink an eye. Once more horrible fundamental news comes out. CFC should break the lows made in summer of 06 soon.

WallStreetnBio

Quote from: nullzero on March 15, 2007, 10:20:59 AM
Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 15, 2007, 10:04:55 AM
I sold my CFC puts at the open and bought some calls. There are a ton of shorts on CFC and Fast Money said it was a buy so I expect it to squeeze hard at least 10%. The risk doctor said if it goes up a dollar it could jump to 45 real quick and I think he is right. I'll be back short after the squeeze is over.

Im holding im, this short squeeze is going to turn into a long blood bath quicker then you can blink an eye. Once more horrible fundamental news comes out. CFC should break the lows made in summer of 06 soon.

I think your 100% right but the squeeze may last a couple of days. Until then I'll sit on the sidelines.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

David Randolph

From yesterday:

PCU, SLV, EEM, FXI

CHL, FMCN, HMIN, HOKU, SOLF

HomeBound

If LEND short covering will drive rebound to $10 look for sharp reversal and new short frenzy.

Unknown factor for all lenders is possibility of the rate cut by the feds, I believe this is a major factor driving current rebound.

David Randolph

Quote from: HomeBound on March 15, 2007, 10:34:08 AM
If LEND short covering will drive rebound to $10 look for sharp reversal and new short frenzy.

Unknown factor for all lenders is possibility of the rate cut by the feds, I believe this is a major factor driving current rebound.

Or else everybody knows that story already.


David Randolph

Quote from: johnwho44 on March 15, 2007, 10:35:59 AM
CSV?

Keep that one in mind and request it again tomorrow johnwho44, nice chart :)

David Randolph

Ok, the winners were XING and OFI, exactly my two votes ;D

I wish you good trades!

TraderStar

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 15, 2007, 10:23:27 AM
Quote from: nullzero on March 15, 2007, 10:20:59 AM
Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 15, 2007, 10:04:55 AM
I sold my CFC puts at the open and bought some calls. There are a ton of shorts on CFC and Fast Money said it was a buy so I expect it to squeeze hard at least 10%. The risk doctor said if it goes up a dollar it could jump to 45 real quick and I think he is right. I'll be back short after the squeeze is over.

Im holding im, this short squeeze is going to turn into a long blood bath quicker then you can blink an eye. Once more horrible fundamental news comes out. CFC should break the lows made in summer of 06 soon.

I think your 100% right but the squeeze may last a couple of days. Until then I'll sit on the sidelines.

I'm waiting for it to bounce into the 37-ish range, then I will get some puts with a tight stop.

JOYG has the sort of chart I like to play with options .. buy a call or two with nice tight stop.

WallStreetnBio

What time do the Euro markets close? The markets have dropped right before there close the last couple of days. I was thinking of buying some SPY puts for a play on that.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

David Randolph

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 15, 2007, 11:55:12 AM
What time do the Euro markets close? The markets have dropped right before there close the last couple of days. I was thinking of buying some SPY puts for a play on that.

They closed 34 minutes ago. Hour changes in Europe this weekend.

TraderStar

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 15, 2007, 11:55:12 AM
What time do the Euro markets close? The markets have dropped right before there close the last couple of days. I was thinking of buying some SPY puts for a play on that.

There is a cool little free world clock program that you can put on desktop and it will keep track of any timezones you want.  I have it set for AZ, NM, NY, UK, Europe and Japan.  http://www.dualitysoft.com/dsclock

WallStreetnBio

LEND is getting squeezed hard today. I bought some calls about 2 hours ago at .35 and now there .95  ;D
#1  CDS
#2  XING

tokyopua

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 15, 2007, 11:55:12 AM
What time do the Euro markets close? The markets have dropped right before there close the last couple of days. I was thinking of buying some SPY puts for a play on that.

Heard something on CNBC today that sounded like big players were trying to get the S&P to 1400 by tomorrow morning, not sure how that would work if true...

BTW, how did you make that $2000 in ten minutes on your last SPY puts?
Chance favors the prepared mind