3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 03/16/2007

Started by David Randolph, March 16, 2007, 09:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

Good morning :)

Today I won't be around because I'll be working with Ramsburg on www.3stocksonfire.org homepage and functionality of the website.

This thread is open for your to discuss stocks or whatever you please. I'll be here in a few hours.

Have a nice day :)

nullzero

Wow some crazy action on LEND and others... High volatility in the market sesm to defantely be there.

WallStreetnBio

Dave I really think you should take a look at CHL and SLV for the main. They're not exactly on fire or smaller market caps but they have solid strong growth. Better than having free cash laying around.

(CHL) China Mobile Limited provides mobile telecommunications services in Mainland China. This market hasn't even been tapped yet. All those foreigners are going to be using CHL at the olympics.

(SLV) Reflects the price of silver owned by the trust. All the metals were up today because of the demand from China. Here is a great article that sums up the demand for silver. Silver may shine brightest amoung metals this year
#1  CDS
#2  XING

WallStreetnBio

Quote from: nullzero on March 16, 2007, 09:39:32 AM
Wow some crazy action on LEND and others... High volatility in the market sesm to defantely be there.

What direction do you think LEND will head....it seems like they gave away there loans. I think LEND will head down in the long term but near term there might be some short squeezes.
#1  CDS
#2  XING

nullzero

LEND findind any excuse to rally. However the odds are in favor of a bankruptcy for LEND... I think this extreme rally is just short term noise I would load up on shorts and puts on LEND. In a month this may very well be trading on pink sheets. The sign of extreme volatitily is a negative sign even if its to the upside. LEND is almost back up to where it was before the  beganing of the big downside. So I dont see any upside left for LEND.

WallStreetnBio

Quote from: nullzero on March 16, 2007, 09:57:12 AM
LEND findind any excuse to rally. However the odds are in favor of a bankruptcy for LEND... I think this extreme rally is just short term noise I would load up on shorts and puts on LEND. In a month this may very well be trading on pink sheets. The sign of extreme volatitily is a negative sign even if its to the upside. LEND is almost back up to where it was before the  beganing of the big downside. So I dont see any upside left for LEND.

Thats comforting...I'm loaded up on the april puts  :-\
#1  CDS
#2  XING

nullzero

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 16, 2007, 10:03:21 AM
Quote from: nullzero on March 16, 2007, 09:57:12 AM
LEND findind any excuse to rally. However the odds are in favor of a bankruptcy for LEND... I think this extreme rally is just short term noise I would load up on shorts and puts on LEND. In a month this may very well be trading on pink sheets. The sign of extreme volatitily is a negative sign even if its to the upside. LEND is almost back up to where it was before the  beganing of the big downside. So I dont see any upside left for LEND.

Thats comforting...I'm loaded up on the april puts  :-\

Im holding some april 10.00 puts from yesterday with strong hands. I am preprared to loose it all if the trade doesnt work out but I believe I wil be on the right side of the trade soon. Just like my assumptions on NEW back when I first shorted it months ago.

TraderStar

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 16, 2007, 09:45:36 AM
Dave I really think you should take a look at CHL and SLV for the main. They're not exactly on fire or smaller market caps but they have solid strong growth. Better than having free cash laying around.

(CHL) China Mobile Limited provides mobile telecommunications services in Mainland China. This market hasn't even been tapped yet. All those foreigners are going to be using CHL at the olympics.


I've been playing CHL for some time now, every time it dips to low 40's I get some.  According to Robert Hsu who publishes The China Strategy, this & certain other chinese stocks are long term winners. He travels extensively to China & Asia & checks out these companies at the source.

One thing he said in a recent newsletter that I found amazing...
"Before the 1990s, Mainland China's political system prevented people from pursuing wealth, and China stagnated under the shackles of communism. Nonetheless, over 50 million ethnic Chinese living outside of Mainland China (like me) were able to prosper in places like Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, America, and others. If we were a country, the total economic output controlled by these Overseas Chinese would be third in the world, after the U.S. and Japan."  (I added the italics ... )
Yikes (!)

Hsu's outlook on the growth of China stocks, particularly those he recommends with good fundamentals is very positive.  That's why I held my chinese stocks through the recent market correction .. and even added some more.  I recommend his newsletter to those interested in chinese stocks  (and I don't recommend many newsletters .. many of them are less than useless).



masternic35

Quote from: nullzero on March 16, 2007, 10:09:20 AM
Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 16, 2007, 10:03:21 AM
Quote from: nullzero on March 16, 2007, 09:57:12 AM
LEND findind any excuse to rally. However the odds are in favor of a bankruptcy for LEND... I think this extreme rally is just short term noise I would load up on shorts and puts on LEND. In a month this may very well be trading on pink sheets. The sign of extreme volatitily is a negative sign even if its to the upside. LEND is almost back up to where it was before the  beganing of the big downside. So I dont see any upside left for LEND.

Thats comforting...I'm loaded up on the april puts  :-\

Im holding some april 10.00 puts from yesterday with strong hands. I am preprared to loose it all if the trade doesnt work out but I believe I wil be on the right side of the trade soon. Just like my assumptions on NEW back when I first shorted it months ago.


I wanted to buy yesterday some LEND JUN 10$ puts but got home 30 seconds too late ...
So I'm in it with you guy ;) I just bought some of those puts

Let's hope for the "best" now  >:D

Nikos

kslifka

Any thoughts on MITI.  Up huge on earnings after becoming profitable.  and news:

Wish David were around. ::)

March 16 (Reuters) -

MICROMET INC. (MITI.O: Quote, Profile , Research)

Latest Yr ago qtr EPS (diluted, $/shr) 0.11 -0.42 Net ($ million) 3.4 -1.9 Net income attributed to common shareholders

($ million) 3.4 -6.7 Revenue ($ million) 13.8 8.7


*Source: Reuters Estimates

#Excludes extraordinary, special or one-time items

--The biopharmaceutical company said latest quarter results include a $10.9 million milestone payment received from Merck Serono (SEO.VX: Quote, Profile , Research), for the completion of two phase-two clinical trials for adecatumumab, used to treat metastatic breast cancer and prostrate cancer.

--For the latest fourth quarter, one analyst had expected the Micromet to post a loss of 25 cents a share, before exceptional items, according to Reuters Estimates. (Reporting by Nitya Rao in Bangalore)



March 16 - Biopharmaceutical company Micromet Inc. (MITI.O: Quote, Profile , Research) said it signed an agreement with privately held Tracon Pharmaceuticals Inc., giving Tracon exclusive worldwide rights to develop and sell its antibody to treat cancer.

Under the terms, Tracon will pay Micromet upfront and milestone payments of more than $100 million, if the drug, codenamed D93, is successfully developed and commercialized.

In addition, Micromet will receive royalties on worldwide sales of D93.

Tracon, which will be responsible for all development and commercial activities, plans to start phase-1 clinical trials in the second half of 2007. D 93 is a humanized monoclonal antibody which inhibits tumor cell growth and metastatsis.


Tracon was founded in 2005 by Paramount BioSciences LLC, a drug developer and healthcare investment firm.

TraderStar

KOG .. looking interesting, could be good entry point here with stop around $4.

UXG ... I heard the manager here is the one who started GG ... and it may merge with 2 others, have heard it could be a good one for longer term & this may be as cheap as it gets ($4)

AKgirl

You may want to consider going short Cryptologic (CRYP).  Here's why. 

There's been speculation that the government's efforts to stop Americans from gambling online have been ineffective, according to reports.  While a law did make it illegal for American financial institutions to transfer funds between Americans and online gambling sites, some savvy gamblers have been getting around the law, using Internet money transfer services.  Plus, it looks as if U.S. Rep. Barney Frank is considering a bill that would repeal that ban imposed last year.

But the news is already out.  The stock ran from about $22 to $25 in a few days as the news has already been disseminated.  It's already been priced in.  And honestly, the repeal hasn't even been inked yet.  Until it is, we're looking for a near-term pullback on CRYP shares.  Once there's word of an actual repeal, we'll buy at the bottom of the sell-off.

Plus, there may be limited possibility that the repeal legislation would even make it to the White House through Congress.  And then there's the possibility that the legislation idea could die even before it gets started.  In reality, it's a nice idea but the success of a repeal isn't very high, in my opinion.  Go short Cryptologic here until there's some confirmation of repeal validity.


WallStreetnBio

I think only a few idiots are buying LEND and new shorts are shorting while just as many shorts are covering so the stock is flat right now. In afterhours shorts cant cover so I think it will tank just like it did last night in afterhours. The only reason it was up in premarket is because of the attention the stock has been getting and a short squeeze. The gap up this morning should be closed. With option experation it should go lower next week as well. JMO
#1  CDS
#2  XING

yukiii

David take a look at WPCS

Thanks

What's the story yukiii? To take a serious look I need two hours, it would help to write a quick answer if I knew why you're interested in WPCS.

Thanks.

WPCS International Inc. is an engineering company that focuses on the implementation requirements of wireless technology and specialty communication systems. The company provides a range of services including site design, product integration, security, structured cabling, construction and project management.
Earnings 2006  .58  2007 .73  2008 .91
Down on low volume at 200 ma will pop on Earnings.

Feb 27 9:02AM        WPCS Announces $2.4 Million in New Contracts   PR Newswire
Feb 20 9:02AM        WPCS Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Voacolo Electric   PR Newswire
Feb 12 9:20AM        WPCS International to buy wireless solutions provider   Reuters
Feb 12 9:02AM        WPCS Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire ATC International   PR Newswire
Feb 1 9:14AM        WPCS to buy 60 percent stake in Chinese company   Reuters
Feb 1 9:02AM        WPCS Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Majority Interest in China Based Taian AGS...   PR Newswire
Jan 30 9:02AM        $3.1 Million in New Contracts Awarded to WPCS   PR Newswire
Jan 9 9:02AM        WPCS Announces $6.5 Million in New Contracts

Quasi

Quote from: prodigykid6 on March 16, 2007, 12:28:52 PM.... In afterhours shorts cant cover so I think it will tank just like it did last night in afterhours. ..

Hi Prodigykid6,

Not sure I understand why shorts can't cover after hours?  On the Nasdaq website it shows that LEND does trade after hours, traded quite a bit last night right up till 6 PM.  With my broker all I have to buy the shares then call them and tell them to apply those shares against my short position and close it out.

Now maybe things are different here in Canada, don't know.

Quasi
JMHO subject to change without notice,
Happy Investing / Trading

Quasi