3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 03/19/2007

Started by David Randolph, March 19, 2007, 09:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 3 stocks should I make an in depth video analysis tomorrow?

TSSW
3 (11.5%)
SYX
9 (34.6%)
CAMT
3 (11.5%)
CSH
4 (15.4%)
ZROS
3 (11.5%)
URRE
3 (11.5%)
SIGA
7 (26.9%)
NETC
2 (7.7%)
CYTR
2 (7.7%)
AGIX
2 (7.7%)
ISH
3 (11.5%)
TASR
4 (15.4%)
CCC
3 (11.5%)
ONT
7 (26.9%)
TTWO
4 (15.4%)
RNO
3 (11.5%)
GTW
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

David Randolph

Quote from: ravenquork on March 19, 2007, 11:41:18 AM
David,
What about URRE,
- all time high today on  earnings report -  revs up 350% Q4  06/05 on higher sales of Uranium and much better avg price. 
- They Opened a second mine in 06 which is producing well
- Q4 06 eps loss of .05 vs Q4 05 of .50
- Co produced 259,000 pounds in 05, projects over 400,000 pounds in 07

Brrr, its valuation looks insane, I see what, $8.6 M in revenues for a $430 M market cap that has been diluting shareholder's value in a big way?

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/results/statemnt.aspx?Symbol=urre&lstStatement=10YearSummary&stmtView=Qtr

I believe the stock will pullback and close below the $7.94 resistance level, I'm sure there are better uranium plays outthere, this one looks massively overvalued trading at 50 times revenues.

phabrux

Hi Dave,

with what you just said, could that be, than URRE  fit perfectly as a shorter candidate in a few weeks time?

David Randolph

Quote from: labatts6254 on March 19, 2007, 12:14:40 PM
David,

What do you think about NETC?  They are in the Broadcasting & Cable TV industry; their growth rate is greater than 95% of its peers.

03/14/07 a clip from a PR:
"Last month, Telmex said it is in talks to buy Peruvian cable TV company Boga Comunicaciones SA, which has about 233,000 customers. Telmex already owns Brazil's largest pay TV operator Net Servicos de Comunicacao SA's (NETC), which is in the process of acquiring rival Vivax."

Cheers,

NETC is already a $3.6 B market cap company ... but it looks interesting, I'll put it on the poll.

David Randolph

Quote from: phabrux on March 19, 2007, 12:34:26 PM
Hi Dave,

with what you just said, could that be, than URRE  fit perfectly as a shorter candidate in a few weeks time?

I don't know about that, just made a quick review. I don't recommend shorting in general, the long term estimate for a short sale is always lousy. Shorting is for short term traders and those are doomed to be the losers over the long term.

I'd rather look for outstanding long term small cap growth stories, I believe my time and money is better spent there.

You can see I keep adjusting my strategic views of the market as, like everybody else here, I try to learn more of this hard game.


NERO

hi dave,
what you think about CYTR?

thanks

mooney

hi Dave any thoughts on AGIX

David Randolph


Garoh

Hi David

can you look at this thing  ISH   :)

It looks good
No Pain No Gain

David Randolph

Quote from: NERO on March 19, 2007, 01:27:41 PM
hi dave,
what you think about CYTR?

thanks

I had to go pick up my kid at karate, CYTR?

Let me take a 1 minute look on it :)

Nahhh, it's a $300 M plus market cap company without any revenues and having huge losses on a quarterly basis. I bet recent news is great, but that seems priced in, since buyers are paying more than $300 M for an expectation without real revenues and profits, at least not for now.

Chart looks great but I wouldn't chase it, look at this "diluter":

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/results/statemnt.aspx?Symbol=cytr&lstStatement=10YearSummary&stmtView=Qtr

David Randolph

Quote from: mooney on March 19, 2007, 01:48:10 PM
hi Dave any thoughts on AGIX

AGIX, let me see, down 60% today on the following news:

• AtheroGenics: Drug trial fails to meet endpoint
bizjournals.com (Mon 3:37pm)

This is one of the reasons why I never touch biotech companies, 90% of them are lousy investments.

AGIX is now a $122 M market cap that lost $67 M in 2006 alone. Book value is ($153 M) - that means negative. To me it should go down another 90%. But it can bounce. Good luck :)

David Randolph

Quote from: Garoh on March 19, 2007, 03:18:16 PM
Hi David

can you look at this thing  ISH   :)

It looks good

ISH's volume today is just 7,900 shares Garoh ... but let me take a quick look at the fundamentals. $113 M maritime transportation company, it looks very interesting, trading at 7.6 times 2006 EPS :) Will put it on the poll.

Garoh

Quote from: David Randolph on March 19, 2007, 03:59:23 PM
Quote from: Garoh on March 19, 2007, 03:18:16 PM
Hi David

can you look at this thing  ISH   :)

It looks good

ISH's volume today is just 7,900 shares Garoh ... but let me take a quick look at the fundamentals. $113 M maritime transportation company, it looks very interesting, trading at 7.6 times 2006 EPS :) Will put it on the poll.

David it will be a good stock tom add to the Main Portfolio ..

No risk with this one and as you know it's trading at 7 times of the 2006 EPS  ;D

I bought this stock 3 months ago at 13.50   >> look at the chart it's really interesting ..

No Pain No Gain

David Randolph

Quote from: mbaugh on March 19, 2007, 11:32:54 AM
David, I'm looking for your past review of ZROS, i know you did one, but I can't find it.  I realize the company may dilute and has zero revenues, but it keeps moving up, I'm considering a small play for a quick gain.  It seems that the hot plays on the OB board keeps moving up until over $5 or $6 just like evcc.

Never mind, I found it on the stocks covered list!

I hope you didn't do what I highlighted in bold mbaugh, since the stock that "keeps moving up" finished down 6%. I wouldn't enter the game of going against fundamentals for a "quick profit".

Anyway, big gain for the early buyers ... I hope you're not in, if you are, good luck :)


David Randolph

#28
In about 1 hour time I'll put a poll here with the 12 stocks mentioned on this thread and another 8 that I'll pick from my technical filter when Reuters Data Link updates the database. That poll will run until 2 AM ET, so there will be plenty of time to pick the 3 winners for tomorrow's more in depth video analysis.

(I still need to post OFI today, it's almost ready)

Thanks for your participation :)

mbaugh

Quote from: David Randolph on March 19, 2007, 04:12:38 PM
Quote from: mbaugh on March 19, 2007, 11:32:54 AM
David, I'm looking for your past review of ZROS, i know you did one, but I can't find it.  I realize the company may dilute and has zero revenues, but it keeps moving up, I'm considering a small play for a quick gain.  It seems that the hot plays on the OB board keeps moving up until over $5 or $6 just like evcc.

Never mind, I found it on the stocks covered list!

I hope you didn't do what I highlighted in bold mbaugh, since the stock that "keeps moving up" finished down 6%. I wouldn't enter the game of going against fundamentals for a "quick profit".

Anyway, big gain for the early buyers ... I hope you're not in, if you are, good luck :)


Don't worry David, I didn't buy it.  I was just watching it and because of your review, I decided against it.  I was just frustrated since I'm down on ASTI and I was tired of watching other stocks go up but mine.  Thanks for the response and your concern.