3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Session of 03/22/2007 & 03/21/07

Started by David Randolph, March 21, 2007, 09:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 3 stocks should I cover tomorrow?

ROCM
2 (10.5%)
BTJ
4 (21.1%)
PRXI
1 (5.3%)
BONT
0 (0%)
SPAR
0 (0%)
PCU
4 (21.1%)
TSTC
2 (10.5%)
AVT
0 (0%)
WWAT.OB
9 (47.4%)
ABAT.OB
7 (36.8%)
TSL
6 (31.6%)
WFR
3 (15.8%)
GRRF
0 (0%)
AMK
0 (0%)
RNO
1 (5.3%)
CTIB
1 (5.3%)
FSLR
2 (10.5%)
PGH
1 (5.3%)
PWI
1 (5.3%)
AAV
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

wisebuys

Any thoughts on GRRF, has this dog finally turned the corner?

labatts6254

#16
Quote from: kslifka on March 21, 2007, 10:06:23 AM
WWAT.ob moving up.  3 year Resistance of .69 coming.

kslifka, WWAT.ob looks very interesting... their Growth Rate is greater than 61% of its peers in the Misc. Capital Goods industry.

"WorldWater & Power Awarded $5.7 Million Project By Bayshore Recycling"

"The company, which estimates 2006 revenue of $17 million, expects to see sales nearly double this year - to $30-$35 million, representing 5 megaWatts of electricity. The company has a steady backlog of solar projects and is bidding on an active pipeline of opportunities."

Just found some more interesting information regarding the Institutional ownership, check this out:

Monthly share rotation:
Buyers 3/20/07     7,932,500     $4,307,348     5.40%
Sellers 3/20/07    0    $0    0.00%

Total Number of Shares Held   20,691,535
Large Block Owners   12
Percent Shares Owned   14.10%
Percent Change in Ownership   62.17%  <-- this looks attractive

BigSully1

Quote from: wisebuys on March 21, 2007, 12:55:50 PM
Yes, BigSully1, WFR does supply the silicon.  It is also extremely profitable and well run.  It may not appreciate 20% in a day, but it shouldn't drop 50% in one either.  Much easier on the heart these days.

Good luck investing.  Have a GRRRREAT DAY !!!

Wise buys, WFR does look to have a great future. I'm going to check it out.

I may have been dated on the world's largest solar power plant at Leipzig germany (5MW). There might be a bigger one at Erlassee, Bavaria germany now. Spain has a proposed 23.2 MW. Australia also has one in the works. China is claiming to be building the world's largest at 100MW, but California is claiming it will have the world's largest, covering 4,500 acres. ???

David Randolph

I was studying NLY, but after seeing the following long term chart, the share count evolution and the way the company distributes dividends I conclude that this absolutely isn't what I'm looking for in a stock, so, not worth the effort of a man with a cold.

I guess the recent volume spike was because short sellers went after all mortgage related stocks, but this one was solid, hence the short term rally as they cover. Fundamentally it looks like a bond, quite boring.

I have to go now, will be back with today's poll, with your suggestions and other stocks I get from my technical filter.


BigSully1

AMK, my mention last week or so ago , has been keeping plodding along. Technicals look much better now, I believe, although so many of these small caps keep rising on low volume, not so good? We'll see.

buddjas1


TraderStar

Does anyone know a website where you can scan for stocks from different countries, i.e. all Brazilian stocks traded on US exchanges?
And also where can I scan for dividend stocks, i.e. find a list of stocks in order of amount of dividend paid?
Thanks :-)

nullzero

Quote from: TraderStar on March 21, 2007, 02:08:29 PM
Does anyone know a website where you can scan for stocks from different countries, i.e. all Brazilian stocks traded on US exchanges?
And also where can I scan for dividend stocks, i.e. find a list of stocks in order of amount of dividend paid?
Thanks :-)

This site has some good resources

http://www.buyupside.com/archives/alltables.htm

Garoh

Quote from: TraderStar on March 21, 2007, 02:08:29 PM
Does anyone know a website where you can scan for stocks from different countries, i.e. all Brazilian stocks traded on US exchanges?
And also where can I scan for dividend stocks, i.e. find a list of stocks in order of amount of dividend paid?
Thanks :-)

Trader you can find it in VectorVest.com  :)

but you have to subscribe , it's great for scanning any type of stock
No Pain No Gain

kslifka

Anyone in CTIB?? Low market cap and at a 3 year high today. :o

David Randolph

Quote from: TraderStar on March 21, 2007, 02:08:29 PM
Does anyone know a website where you can scan for stocks from different countries, i.e. all Brazilian stocks traded on US exchanges?
And also where can I scan for dividend stocks, i.e. find a list of stocks in order of amount of dividend paid?
Thanks :-)

Why are you looking for dividends? I dislike dividends. The company pays taxes and then you pay income taxes. Moreover stocks usually adjust to dividends paid by going down by the same amount. No fun in dividends.

stocky

David on Solar bandwagon FSLR is a compelling play. A good chunk is owned by Walmart family. You can dig in more about FSLR.

Guloso

Quote
Why are you looking for dividends? I dislike dividends. The company pays taxes and then you pay income taxes. Moreover stocks usually adjust to dividends paid by going down by the same amount. No fun in dividends.

Hi David,

I agree with you about dividends, but I have one big exception: The Canadian energy trusts with monthly dividends.  Considering also the peak oil, these trusts could have a fantastic potential for the long term, special when the crude begin to rise.

If you have time take a look to some of them: PGH, PWI, AAV



lancefur

Quote from: labatts6254 on March 21, 2007, 01:10:55 PM
Quote from: kslifka on March 21, 2007, 10:06:23 AM
WWAT.ob moving up.  3 year Resistance of .69 coming.

kslifka, WWAT.ob looks very interesting... their Growth Rate is greater than 61% of its peers in the Misc. Capital Goods industry.

"WorldWater & Power Awarded $5.7 Million Project By Bayshore Recycling"

"The company, which estimates 2006 revenue of $17 million, expects to see sales nearly double this year - to $30-$35 million, representing 5 megaWatts of electricity. The company has a steady backlog of solar projects and is bidding on an active pipeline of opportunities."

Just found some more interesting information regarding the Institutional ownership, check this out:

Monthly share rotation:
Buyers 3/20/07     7,932,500     $4,307,348     5.40%
Sellers 3/20/07    0    $0    0.00%

Total Number of Shares Held   20,691,535
Large Block Owners   12
Percent Shares Owned   14.10%
Percent Change in Ownership   62.17%  <-- this looks attractive

I like this stock too. I have owned it since .22 and sold today to capture profits at .64 but will buy back depending on an analysis. so......David, could you at WWAT.OB to your list as well for polling?

Thanks!

8)
Live hard, love harder and be happy.
Have a Super-Fantastic Day!

TraderStar

Quote from: David Randolph on March 21, 2007, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: TraderStar on March 21, 2007, 02:08:29 PM
Does anyone know a website where you can scan for stocks from different countries, i.e. all Brazilian stocks traded on US exchanges?
And also where can I scan for dividend stocks, i.e. find a list of stocks in order of amount of dividend paid?
Thanks :-)

Why are you looking for dividends? I dislike dividends. The company pays taxes and then you pay income taxes. Moreover stocks usually adjust to dividends paid by going down by the same amount. No fun in dividends.

They would be for my daughter's IRA account .. she has another 40 years to go before cashing it in & tax-free ... so .. dividends could work ;)

nullzero, thanks for website. 

Garoh, I know VectorVest but $60 a month just too much for what they offer .. for half that I might subscribe  ;D

Guloso, thanks for the tip about Canadian energy trusts, I had heard about that but did not have specifics .. will check out those stocks.