3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

Welcome !

Started by David Randolph, June 22, 2005, 06:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Randolph

In this board I'll try turning $1,000 into $1,000,000. This strategy is possible to apply only starting with money one can absolutely afford to lose. I don't want any of you following my trades, that would be financially suicidal, I believe. But, since I will explain with much detail every move perhaps we can learn something out of this experience.

For a few days I'll be just exploring and studying the market. I will be looking for sure things. Then I will give just one shot per week, or less than that, perhaps.

You see, if you make 10 consecutive trades with 100% profit in each and one of them you will multiply by 1000 times your initial equity. That's what I'm going to try to do, shoot at 10 sure things in a row. Of course, there are no sure things in the market ... so I'll use a simple strategy: when I buy a stock I will sell it 100% higher or 20% lower. That is, a mistake is a minor setback, and a right pick is one of the 10 steps I must take to be successfull.

Of course, this Board has nothing to do with the 3 Stocks on Fire Board, where I play safe and with a very diversified portfolio (only 6.66% in each stock).

I hope you enjoy this, I certainly will  :D

law2702

Hi Dav,

Thats great. Can i suggest that we set up a mini-competition on who had generate the most profit of that month.

???

thks

David Randolph

Excellent idea law2702 !

Any of our members can come up with any different strategies to turn $1,000 into $1,000,000 ! I suggest that everyone starts with just $1000, because of course there must be high risk involved to expect such an extraordinary return.

Good idea law, but it will probably take much more than a month to do it ... you see, the first 2 or 3 shots can be in fast moving penny stocks, but then you face liquidity problems trading penny stocks. Then you must move to bigger stocks that may take more time to make a big move ... I don't think it is possible to multiply your capital 1000 times in just one month, in fact I'm pretty sure it is impossible. But in a few months, who knows, I'm going to try it, but I don't want to make anyone follow my footsteps, of course everyone knows the risks involved and will be trading on his own hook.

Competition just makes men stronger. I welcome the idea.

TRUNK

lol.. Sounds like fun.. Obviously your feeling much better..

stocky

#4
Anxiously waiting for this one. "Mega Stocko or Lotto" or whatever.

gmarc66

THis sounds like a great idea....I commend your constant efforts in trying to satisfy the different type of investors who use your site for guidance and insight as I do.
I also am working with minimal equity and can only accomodate small investments.  Also, my trades each cost me an  average of about 25$ each.

So far my losses have out weighed my profits by far...so it would be great to try to turn my misfortune around and make any funds I have left work for me.

Then hopefully, using your techniques I can earn profits which I would be grateful for and inturn be able to donate to this wonderful site.


thanks very much,

julia

eagerlearner

julia, i am from canada too and also a newbie  :)
$25/trade is brutal isnt it! i used to pay that too . but i recently opened an account with ameritrade canada (soon to become td waterhouse). they charge 10.99 a trade. that means a hell lot to us newbies.  and i was surprised how fast my account was opened.
now i use ameritrade primarily and also my old CIBC account for canadian stocks.
hope it helps.

cheers

stockninja1

I love the idea but I have been doing it for some time now...oddly enough I too started with only $1,000...but might I make a suggestion...   I have found from trial and error that it is easier to compound four successful 20% trades in a month than to locate and be invested in 1 which doubles in any given month, and this is how I have been able to make it work...  I don't look for the elusive 100%+...I compound the average 20% gainers.

perhaps you would be more successful applying the same strategy...either way I will enjoy the results.

I look forward to this new board, and those who will be participating... 8)
If you want to make money, first you have to make sense.

cumulina

That sounds like a fun project!

I'll be following it with interest (and money) ... With all the stupid trades I've made in my "pre-3sof-life" there's room for one more!

Go for it!  ;D

Cheers!

Happy trading...

:)

Cumulina.

Loffigus

I use Ameritrade too, julia -- and started with small capital, and I have done pretty well so far.  I am up over 20% for the last 4 weeks.

thunderblues

Thanks Dave! You sound like the answer to my prayers! ;D  I would suggest to lower the broker's fee as much as possible. In the US I use www.lowtrades.com at $5 buy or sell. That's the cheapest I found, with excellent & accurate service.  I'll be glued to this forum from now on....

gmarc66

THanks eagerlearner and Loffigus for the ameritrade tip....i didn't know that they will soon become tdwaterhouse.
I actually have a td webbroker and tradefreedom.  Lowest price is 15.95 for us stocks, max. 24.95 on otc stocks. Td webroker is ridiculous with their commissions right now.

But, i will definitely look into Ameritrade, thanks so much for the tip you guys! ;D

julia

zoomey

great idea i look forward to the results david, will you notify us by e-mail when you make a call?

Ramsburg

Quote from: zoomey on June 23, 2005, 03:22:44 PM
great idea i look forward to the results david, will you notify us by e-mail when you make a call?

Yes, our members will be notified, but we have to solve some technical problems on our server before that  :-\
Frederick Ramsburg
www.3stocksonfire.org

Try our Premium Service or just Register a FREE Account

David Randolph

No, no, no, I won't notify anyone by e-mail when I make a call on this board. In fact, I wont make any call, I will just study the market, plan a strategy and post my thinkings here. Someday the day will come when I will buy the first penny stock to make my first double, going from $1000 to $2000.

No one should follow me buying that stock (or you guys would be the ones giving me that double  ;D), just keep notes of the process that led me to choose that particular stock and not another.

Today I tried several times to post here but it was impossible due to server problems ... I'm just updating my Metastock database and then I'll post some studies I did today.

Good afternoon, thanks for your support !  :)