3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

Session of 03/29/2007

Started by David Randolph, March 29, 2007, 09:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpusan

Quote from: kpusan on March 30, 2007, 10:50:04 AM
[DNDN Wow bought pre-market today but just didn't feel like this would hold .. sold position before market open.  When it broke down past $17.50 .. good time to short to $12 area?

Well, This thing bounced right off of $12 .. call me crazy but  I add down here .. will see how it closes. 

buddjas1


Bucky

Hi David,
What can one expect from spex

TraderStar

Well I decided to double down on CECE and so far that has cut my loss in half.  If it holds here and shows strength I will stay with it, otherwise will sell & wait in the weeds until I see strength again. 
Buddjas, thanks for the GSX heads up, got some yesterday, nice.

BigSully1

Quote from: BigSully1 on March 30, 2007, 12:20:20 PM
Regarding solar stocks, there was a mention in yesterdays IBD about San Jose, Ca based Sun Power, SPWR.

IBD says it is climbing the right side of a seven week consolidation, riding just below it's Feb. high of 47.98. Went public 11/05, turned profitable 06. 24 analcysts, consensus is for 90% growth this year. earnings growth 800% in Q4 and stepped up in each prior 4Q's against year earlier losses. Consensus is 375% earnings growth for Q1. IBD says RS and A-D registered new highs in last week. Maybe  another good one to watch.

Another interesting thought from IBD was that all the recent market volatility shouldd be very good for brokerages like TRAD, one of David's old picks. TRAD now sitting near a 52 week low. Another good one could be OXPS, but was not mentioned by IBD. I know I'm loving this volatility as my trading has increased probably at least 1000% over last few weeks as I  increase/decrease positions between good values and ultrashorts/other shorts.

Some interesting articles;

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070312/29269_id.html?.v=1

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070320/30022_id.html?.v=1

http://blogs.wsj.com/energy/2007/03/08/throwing-dollars-at-the-sun/