3StocksOnFire — US Stock Trading Community · 451+ trades · 257% returns · 15,000 members · Main Site · Trader's Guide · Articles · Video Analyses
3 Stocks On Fire
3StocksOnFire Community Forum
Home Message Boards Trader's Guide Articles Video Analysis About Us Search Register

News:

Welcome to 3StocksOnFire! US stock trading community (2005-2010) with 451+ documented trades and 15,000+ members. View Portfolios | Stock Articles | Quotes

Main Menu

KDKN.OB

Started by cipisek, April 27, 2007, 11:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cipisek

Very interesting

Kodiak Energy, Inc., a development stage company, focuses on oil and gas production primarily in Canada. The company, in conjunction with a joint venture partner, acquired 2 sections or 1280 gross acres petroleum and natural gas rights in the southeast of Alberta, Canada. As of March 31, 2006, the company drilled two wells on its Manyberries property, Canada. It also focuses to acquire 50% interest in a property located in Montana, the United States. The company was incorporated in 1999 as Island Critical Care, Corp. and changed its name to Kodiak Energy, Inc. in 2004. Kodiak Energy is based in Calgary, Canada.

http://www.kodiakpetroleum.com/s/Home.asp

News: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070425/20070425005313.html?.v=1


cipisek


cipisek

Hi

kpusan

Yes has been very nice. I have been for a while.  See bottom of post.  Sorry added this comment under PUDC thread. Won't sell until I see a trend change.



Re: Puda Coal (PUDC.OB) with strong results
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 03:57:52 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMAZING end of day run with large volume 

I have three positions now $1.17 .. $1.34 .. and bought more when it took out that $1.50 wall in more at $1.57.

I am done buying. If this holds looking for $2.50 for now

Good Luck

BTW also in KDKN in since $2.27 .. scratching my head regarding recent article giving this one a $49.00 price target LOL

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070425/20070425005313.html?.v=1

Makes me wonder if this is a scam

brucey

Very good pick!
I was in @4.18(highest yesterday :'()......
follow you guys...

pfern

a 16% correction  >:( or the end of a beautiful cycle??!!!

cipisek

Quote from: pfern on May 02, 2007, 06:23:44 PM
a 16% correction  >:( or the end of a beautiful cycle??!!!


I think correction  :'(...For today - Support 3.0967 Resistance 4.6267

cipisek

Why????  ???  :'(
Today Price 2.77 - Support 2.11 - Pivot Point 2.93 - Resistance 3.75. Today's Opinion 16% buy.

kslifka

This is a penny stock after all.  I don't know anything about KDKN...but after a parabollic run-up on any stock you should be prepared for a sharp pull back....whether it's profit taking or shorts or the combination of both...I don't know...but you have to expect it.  After the long red candle yesterday...I would have sold the stock as a technical trader.  Anyway...there is support coming up at the 61.8% fib retracement around $2.50.  But...don't dive right in and buy now...unless you know more about the company than I do.  KDKN will be in no hurry to jump higher.  It will probably bounce around between the 61% fib retrace and the 50% retrace ($2.50 and $2.87) for a while.  Give it time.   However if it closes below 2.50...your best bet is to get out.

kpusan

Quote from: kslifka on May 03, 2007, 11:36:00 PM
This is a penny stock after all.  I don't know anything about KDKN...but after a parabollic run-up on any stock you should be prepared for a sharp pull back....whether it's profit taking or shorts or the combination of both...I don't know...but you have to expect it.  After the long red candle yesterday...I would have sold the stock as a technical trader.  Anyway...there is support coming up at the 61.8% fib retracement around $2.50.  But...don't dive right in and buy now...unless you know more about the company than I do.  KDKN will be in no hurry to jump higher.  It will probably bounce around between the 61% fib retrace and the 50% retrace ($2.50 and $2.87) for a while.  Give it time.   However if it closes below 2.50...your best bet is to get out.


Totally agree regarding penny stocks which had a run llke this. One must be careful unless you plan on being an investor not a trader.  I use very tight stops with runs like this. With stocks like KDKN with days and days of gain, once it loses support the downturn tends to be violent in nature and may take a few days to level off.

I had a similar recent experience with CFPC. Days and days of continual gain and it crash hard but today finally bounced off the 50MA and the historical $1.10 support.

My next victim is GNLM.  I am waiting for this to "crashed". Will it be tommorrow? Will it be next week. I don't know but taking profits and using tight stops physical or mental is the best way for me to control losses and gains.  In at .25 but I took some profits today and will use .42 as suppport for tommorrow and will keep bumping up my suppport if runs continues.

Tight stops and intraday selling helps me keep losses to a minimum or keep gains. I also tend to sell 1/2 of position along the way to pocket some profits. I try to use the low of day from previous day as my stop on "runners" like this KDKN.

If a stock has run for days into a week, takes a brave soul to buy without a tight stop in place because most the  times, these runners will fall hard.


I agree regarding the $2.50  area and will watch to see if it dips there but must have some buying support in order for me to rebuy.

Good Luck

cipisek

To kslifka: thank you behind your opinion

cipisek

To kpusan: thank you

kslifka

Sorry...I just noticed I had my Fib retracements wrong on my previous post. (I have to draw them in and must have been careless when doing so).  Below are the right fib retracements.

KDKN will probably have another run.  Any reversal on a morning price drop might be a good opportunity to jump in KDKN.  However it might bounce back and forth between the  38% and 61% fib retacements the next few trading days.  Volume continues to be strong ;)

cipisek

Kodiak Continues to Staff Up in Preparation of Upcoming Drilling Programs
Monday May 14, 9:00 am ET
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(MARKET WIRE)--May 14, 2007 -- Kodiak Energy, Inc. (OTC BB:KDKN.OB - News), is pleased to announce that the seismic data for the North West Territories 2007 Little Chicago Seismic Program has been fully processed. An independent evaluation of the Little Chicago Exploration Licence (EL413) is now being prepared by a qualified engineering analyst. This report will provide an evaluation of the potential reserves on the property and is expected to be completed within 4 weeks.
Kodiak is also very pleased to announce the hiring of 2 new members of the Geology and Geophysics team which will provide invaluable support in analyzing the seismic data and moving forward with the upcoming NWT drilling programs, planned for the winters of 2008/2009, and all other Kodiak development programs.

Mel Marshall has joined Kodiak as a consulting Geophysicist/Explorationist, integrating both Geology and Geophysics, and combining the exploration play with engineering and business strategies based on economics and corporate needs. Mel has over 20 years of oil and gas experience and is familiar with all aspects of oil and gas geophysics/geology including acquisitions, processing, VSP's, gravity, magnetic and various other geophysical and geological methods used for hydrocarbon detection. He has a solid background in engineering and economics for 'prospect and play' generation and easily applies this at the drill level or the strategic corporate level. Mel has extensive experience working in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and additionally the last two companies he has worked with have given him Frontiers and International experience in both a technical and management roles.

Gary Graf has joined Kodiak as a consulting Geologist and has extensive experience in prospect evaluation and generation in the WCSB. Gary has over 20 years of oil and gas experience and has many multidisciplinary skills including mapping, log and core interpretations, formation evaluation, DST interpretation and water analysis evaluation which are used to develop prospects of all risk levels. Gary also has a fundamental knowledge of basic engineering principles and land strategies and has been involved in evaluating farm-in/out opportunities as well as acquisition candidates.

Kodiak Energy, Inc is a Calgary based oil and gas company focused on creating a portfolio of North American assets that offer not only immediate production and cash flow but growth through exploration. The Company has lease holdings in Montana, South Eastern Alberta, North Eastern Alberta, an agreement to purchase mineral rights both in the Northwest Territories and Northeast New Mexico.

This press release contains forward-looking statements. The words or phrases "would be," "will allow," "intends to," "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimate," "project," or similar expressions are intended to identify "forward-looking statements." Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the Company's proposed oil and gas related business. The Company's business is subject to various risks, which are discussed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). The Company's filings may be accessed at the SEC's Edgar system at www.sec.gov. Statements made herein are as of the date of this press release and should not be relied upon as of any subsequent date. The Company cautions readers not to place reliance on such statements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, we do not undertake, and we specifically disclaim any obligation, to update any forward-looking statements to reflect occurrences, developments, unanticipated events or circumstances after the date of such a statement.



Contact:
     Contacts:
     Kodiak Energy, Inc.
     Mark Hlady
     CEO
     (403) 262-8044
     Website (English): http://www.kodiakpetroleum.com
     Website (German): http://www.kodiakpetroleum.ch

from: http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070514/0252334.html

cipisek

Hi

today: support 3.28, resistance 3.50